Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

B99 Season One Discussion #3 - The Law. Without the Order.

Season One Discussion

Episodes

1x01 - "Pilot"
Tightly-wound captain Ray Holt takes over Brooklyn's 99th precinct, which includes Detective Jake Peralta, a talented but carefree detective who's used to doing whatever he wants. We also meet Detective Amy Santiago, Jake's enthusiastic and competitive partner; Detective Rosa Diaz, a stoic and mysterious coworker; Detective Charles Boyle, a foodie who is committed the job and who has a massive crush on Diaz; Detective Sergeant Terry Jeffords, the team's logical but emotionally unstable leader; and Gina Linetti, the precinct's sardonic civilian administrator.

1x02 - "The Tagger"
Jake shows up late for roll call, so Holt assigns him to a graffiti case that Jake thinks is below him. The case becomes a problem when the suspect happens to be the Deputy Commissioner's son. In the meantime, Gina's psychic friend visits the precinct and gets into Charles' head about Rosa.

1x03 - "The Slump"
Jake has a lot of unsolved cases on hand and the other detectives are unwilling to let his losing streak rub off on them. Meanwhile, Amy recruits Rosa and Gina for help when Holt asks her to run lead on the Junior Policeman Program for at-risk youth and Boyle helps Jeffords with a special case he's unable to solve.

1x04 - "M.E. Time"
Jake flirts with an attractive medical examiner at a crime scene and delays the autopsy report, only to learn that she's more than he bargained for. In the meantime, the sketch artist is out sick when Amy takes on a purse-snatching case, but she discovers that Jeffords has hidden artistic talents. Amy tries to determine why Holt is in a bad mood.

1x05 - "The Vulture"
A detective from Special Crimes known as "The Vulture" takes over a murder case that Jake is close to solving and steals his thunder, so Jake enlists the precinct to get revenge and find the murder weapon before "The Vulture" does. Meanwhile, Holt and Gina help Terry regain his rights to carry a gun.

1x06 - "Halloween"
On Halloween night, a busy time of the year for any precinct, Amy, who hates the holiday, is not happy that she has to wear a costume to go undercover on the street with Charles. Meanwhile, at the precinct, Jake bets Holt that he can steal his Medal of Valor before midnight, which leads to him bringing out his own costumes.

1x07 - "48 Hours"
Jake has 48 hours to collect evidence on an arrest he made without much proof, or the "perp" Dustin Whitman will go scott-free. After an unsuccessful interrogation, Jake forces his co-workers to spend the weekend helping him solve the case. With the team stuck at the precinct, Charles judges a pie contest between Gina and Rosa, while Holt helps Terry look better for his in-laws.

1x08 - "Old School"
Jake spends a day with a former crime-reporter whom he respects, but finds out that remarks about the precinct were considered on the record. Terry and Charles work with Rosa to help her appearance on the witness stand.

1x09 - "Sal's Pizza"
Jake tries to catch an arsonist who destroyed his favorite pizzeria while feuding with the stubborn Fire Marshall Boone. Amy gets jealous when she learns Rosa was asked to be the new police captain at another precinct. Terry and Gina hold interviews for a new IT worker when a hacker leaks everyone's internet searches out to the entire precinct.

1x10 - "Thanksgiving"
Amy hosts a Thanksgiving dinner at her apartment for everyone at the precinct, with the primary purpose of asking Holt to be her mentor, but he and Jake leave early to catch a perp who stole money out of the evidence locker. Everyone else detests Amy's cooking and end up in one mishap after another, leaving Terry in a hunger-induced rage, Rosa to relish the chaos, and Boyle scrambling to save the night.

1x11 - "Christmas"
When Holt receives a number of death threats, Jake is elated when he is assigned by the chief to be Holt's protection detail, allowing Jake to monitor Holt and boss him around. Amy tries to make the perfect Christmas card to give to Holt with Gina's help. Terry sees a therapist for a psych evaluation so he can go back into the field.

1x12 - "Pontiac Bandit"
Jake and Rosa try to catch an infamous car thief with the help of a perp and supposed witness, Doug Judy. Holt tries to find a home for two puppies. The rest of the precinct struggles to accommodate an injured Charles when he returns from being wounded in action.

1x13 - "The Bet"
Jake plans the "worst date ever" for Amy after pulling a last minute victory over her to settle their bet, but when they are called to a stakeout during their date, he reevaluates his relationship with her. After injuring himself further during his Medal of Valor ceremony, an increased dose of pain medication causes Charles to drop painfully honest "truth bombs" about his co-workers. Holt tries to save face with Terry's wife regarding Terry going back in the field only to have his foot in his mouth.

1x14 - "The Ebony Falcon"
While investigating a steroid traffic operation in a gym, Peralta and Boyle recruit Sergeant Jeffords, formerly nicknamed "The Ebony Falcon," in order to infiltrate the organization and detain the responsibles. Meanwhile, Captain Holt orders Santiago and Diaz to research about a theft his assistant, Gina Linetti, suffered at her home.

1x15 - "Operation: Broken Feather"
Jake and Amy investigate hotel robberies. There, Jake is upset to discover Amy might leave to join the special crimes unit. Meanwhile, Holt and Terry conduct experiments to reduce inefficiencies in the precinct in order to reach their CompStat deadline.

1x16 - "The Party"
The entire squad is invited to Captain Holt's birthday party, where Terry struggles to keep everyone in line. Jake tries to make a great first impression with Holt's husband Kevin, as does Amy with Holt, but with disastrous results. Boyle's love of food leads him to make a new romantic connection with an older woman named Vivian, while Rosa unleashes Gina onto a group of abnormal psychologists who find her fascinating.

1x17 - "Full Boyle"
Boyle's tendency to go way overboard and become extremely clingy with his love interests (which Peralta calls "Full Boyle") has him calling on Jake to act as a buffer on his next date with Vivian. Little does he know that Vivian is about to go Full Boyle on him. Sargeant Jeffords pulls a drug case from Rosa and Amy and gives it to Scully and Hitchcock, because the ladies chose to dismiss a geeky, wannabe superhero named Super Dan who nonetheless had useful information. Meanwhile, Holt faces a challenge for his position as president of a gay/lesbian cop organization that he started 25 years ago.

1x18 - "The Apartment"
Peralta learns that his grandmother's apartment where he has been living is going "co-op", and he would have to pay nearly a half million dollars to keep living there. He goes to a loan shark for a down payment, before Gina convinces him to search for a new apartment instead. Holt starts collecting self-evaluations from the detectives, leading to much stress among the department, especially for Santiago. Boyle and Rosa take revenge on an un-hygienic co-worker who uses Rosa's desk on a different shift.

1x19 - "Tactical Village"
The squad heads to the "Tactical Village" where they and other precincts run paintball simulations and test new equipment. Peralta gets jealous when Santiago runs into her old boyfriend Teddy, Rosa gets angry when Boyle doesn't invite her to his wedding, and Gina and Holt struggle with "Kwazy Cupcakes".

1x20 - "Fancy Brudgom"
Boyle makes Peralta his best man, which means cake tasting, picking stationery, and helping Charles convince Vivian that he doesn't want to relocate to Canada. Meanwhile Gina, Amy, and the Sergeant attempt a team diet plan, and Holt makes Rosa apologize to a patrol officer whom she humiliated.

1x21 - "Unsolvable"
When Jake is allowed the weekend off because of a hot streak in solving cases, he decides to take on an 8-year old cold case that everyone believes is unsolvable. With the help of Sgt. Terry, the two try to crack the case once and for all. Meanwhile, Amy plans a romantic trip with new boyfriend Teddy, but an unexpected event with Captain Holt jeopardizes it. Gina and Rosa let a downtrodden Charles in on one of the best-kept secrets of the precinct, demanding he be silent about it. But Scully and Hitchcock do some of their best detective work ever to figure out what Charles is hiding.

1x22 - "Charges and Specs"
Jake's investigation of philanthropic civic leader Lucas Wint is shut down by Commissioner Podolski, resulting in a likely suspension for Jake. Still determined to crack the case, Jake enlists Amy and a reluctant Captain Holt to help him uncover more evidence, but Holt uncovers a larger conspiracy that will require a greater sacrifice from Jake in order to solve the case. Jake finally tells Amy he has feelings for her, leaving her conflicted. Meanwhile, Charles is devastated over breaking up with Vivian, and Rosa and Terry try to cheer him up. Gina incorporates Emoji into her everyday speech.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!
Old 10-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Tftnt.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-16-2016, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Season 1 makes me nostalgic
Old 10-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Yeah the first season is truly great!
Old 10-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

I binged the first couple of episodes when it first started
Old 10-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

So did I. I think I started the show when it was on episode 5 or 6? That was fun
Old 10-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I started after the Golden Globe win.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti (View Post)
So did I. I think I started the show when it was on episode 5 or 6? That was fun
yep same. My friend told me about the show and he raved about it. I've been a fan ever since
Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I saw the season one DVD on the shelf at Walmart and decided to buy it and check it out.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-20-2016, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

^ nice!
Old 10-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

And I've loved it ever since then.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-21-2016, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

The show is definitely on my top 10 favorites list
Old 10-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Same.

It edges out top spot for comedy for me.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yeah top 10 for sure!!

{taek su mi sun}
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top