Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

3x16 - "House Mouses" Episode Discussion (February 16th)

House Mouses (3x16)
Episode Discussion

February 16th, 9:00/8:00c on FOX

IT’S HITCHCOCK AND SCULLY’S TIME TO SHINE ON AN ALL-NEW “BROOKLYN NINE-NINE” TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, ON FOX

When Jake insults Hitchcock and Scully’s work ethic in the precinct, they force their way into one of his cases in attempt to prove themselves. Meanwhile, Amy and Gina help Rosa conquer one of her biggest fears, and Holt and Boyle work a celebrity case in the all-new “House Mouses” episode of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE airing Tuesday, Feb. 16 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Andy Samberg as Det. Jake Peralta; Andre Braugher as Capt. Ray Holt; Terry Crews as Sgt. Terry Jeffords; Melissa Fumero as Det. Amy Santiago; Joe Lo Truglio as Det. Charles Boyle; Stephanie Beatriz as Det. Rosa Diaz; Chelsea Peretti as Gina Linetti, Dirk Blocker as Det. Hitchcock, Joel McKinnon Miller as Det. Scully

Old 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening! GO Scock!!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

More Hitchcock/Scully storylines, please, tbh. I love seeing them actually being competent. (Although they were competent in an... interesting way this time around.)

Loved the other storylines too. Holt's fanboying was adorable (and I loved the cold open too) and I'm always here for the ladies!
splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The cold open really turned into a true winner when Holt was actually super pleased at the rubber bands and office supplies!

I thought it was a pretty good ep! All the beans jokes made me laugh - I totally didn't hear "chickpea" until the second time I watched it

Loved the ladies having a plot together
Old 02-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Great to see Hitchcock and Scully out on the field... these two can have their [weird] talented moments despite being big goofballs

MVP is definitely Charles! Being a true professional cop.

Finally an Amy/Rosa/Gina plot, Rosa's "hyping herself up" before facing her fear was perfect

LOVE the cold opening
Old 02-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Go go Rocky ranger!
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Look what you did. You got the theme song to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers stuck in my head.

The squad ate the gift basket that Kevin sent Holt...so they made a new gift basket with office supplies.

A very important, very high-profile celebrity was robbed in their precinct...and Peralta wanted the case. =p Even though Sarge gave it to Boyle, that didn't stop Peralta.

Quote:
Sarge: Boyle, you take the celebrity case.
Boyle: Me? Instead of Jake? Have you lost your damn mind? I'm so sorry, Jake. I don't know what's wrong with Terry.
Peralta: Don't worry. I'm gonna work it with you. I'm giving my drug bust to Hitchcock and Scully. It's time to get these mice out of their 'hice'. That was lame. Life is meaningless. We're all gonna die. Mouses out of their houses! Yes, I am the greatest! Every breath is a gift! Sorry about the roller coaster.
Boyle: I'm just happy I'm tall enough to ride.

rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And Holt loved his new basket
Old 02-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ He was so happy that the gift basket featured rubber bands! "That man really knows me."

The very important, very high-profile celebrity case that Holt wanted solved was the recovery of world-renowned oboist and first chair with the New York City Orchestra, John William Weichselbraun's $40,000 oboe. So Peralta pawned his drug case off on Hitchcock and Scully so that he could recover an oboe? Good move! It didn't matter anyway, since he found out that his 'little dumb pot bust' was linked to a major narcotics ring, which could have been the biggest drug case the nine-nine had had in years...and he left it in Hitchcock and Scully's hands. Why doesn't Peralta ever do what he's told? Now Sarge and Peralta have to find Hitchcock and Scully and stop them blowing the case.

I loved that Holt decided to partner with Boyle on the case for the stolen oboe, and that he was such a fanboy when he met Weichselbraun.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It usually goes so well when they meet someone famous
Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Maybe one day, encountering famous people will actually go right for the squad.

I loved that Santiago faced her fear of confined spaces.

Quote:
Diaz: You did it. How'd it go?
Santiago: Well, the first ten minutes were really terrible -- the diaper did not fit. It was for a baby -- but then I relaxed and I found my inner strength. I think the lesson here is that, as women, we--no, no, no, no! You close that trunk again and I will kill you! You hear me? I will kill you!

John staged the robbery of his oboe for the insurance money because he was broke because oboists are not celebrities. Go, Boyle, for the solid detective work.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't shut her back in there if I were you guys
Old 02-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Well, for someone who is afraid of confined spaces, 47 minutes in the trunk of a car would feel like an eternity. Never again! She had the crazy eyes when Diaz moved to shut the trunk on her.

Armed men got Hitchcock and they were holding him. Poor Chickpea's life was in danger! Nice going, Pinto.

Quote:
Peralta: Okay, Sarge, everyone knows you're a superhero so you lower Scully and I into that skylight and then fly down to meet us.
Sarge: You know that's impossible.
Peralta: Fine. We'll lower Scully down together and then flop onto him like a giant mattress.
Sarge: No, you go first, then I lower Scully and you, you get to catch him.
Peralta: Great. I love that plan. I got him.
And of course he fell right on top of him.

Last edited by rocky845; 02-24-2017 at 01:32 PM
Old 02-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Save the chickpea!!
Old 02-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Hold on, Chickpea! They're coming for you!

Now they're all being held by the armed men. But no worries, because Peralta has a plan.

I loved that Holt wanted to make it up to Boyle for his crass behavior during their partnership on the case.

Quote:
Holt: I've hired a trio of classical musicians to perform a Shostakovich Cantatas originally written as an apology to a dear friend. Are you stealing kitchen supplies?
Kernt: Just let us have this stuff. You have so much and we have so little.
Holt: Perhaps I'll just buy you a drink instead.
Boyle: Yeah. That would be best. Classical musicians are savages!

Reply   Post New Thread