Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Wrath Of Savitar [3.15] - Episode Discussion [March 7th, 2017]

[3.15] THE WRATH OF SAVITAR
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ SAVITAR VISITS WALLY ϟ
While training with Barry (Grant Gustin), Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) starts to have visions of Savitar, which he hides from the team. A dangerous secret threatens Barry and Iris’ (Candice Patton) happiness.
Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg & Andrew Wilder (#315)
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 03-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Total Fan

- She said yes!

- Joe got so emotional over Barry/Iris. Awww…

But – if Barry got the ring from Joe, how did Joe not know what he was planning on doing?

- When did Caitlin and Julian get to the ‘peck on the lips’ stage?

- Savitar: God of Ominous speeches

- Okay, how does random!acolyte know about the Westallen engagement?

- Future!Iris doesn’t have a ring on her finger…. Damnit, Wally! Why did you have to mess with Westallen’s engagement? Now she’s definitely not going to have a ring on her finger, ‘cuz she’s pissed at Barry!

- One will betray you: Caitlin. A fate worse than death: Wally. One more prophecy left.

- Barry, WHY were you just standing there while Wally got sucked in to the speedforce?!

- Savitar seems to be super bitter about Barry's life: "you have everything" “You’re the good one,” "the boy that Joe raised" "the man that Iris loves"

Could it be? Could Savitar be Evil!Eddie? (all right, I admit it: I've been hoping for Evil!Eddie since Season 1, and I'll keep hoping for Evil!Eddie every season until it happens! ).

- The last 5 minutes of this episode broke my heart : Wally got sucked into the speedforce, Jesse had an emotional breakdown, Westallen is no longer engaged. It made me all emotional.

And the fact that this show can make me emotional is why I love it so much.

Prediction: Barry is going to wear the engagement ring around his neck (like his great-grandpa), and then he’s going to get trapped in the speedforce to save the West-siblings at the end of the season… and in Season 4, he's going to fight his way out of the Speedforce to a waiting Iris (also like his great-grandpa), and he’s going to propose to her again (and hopefully become the TRUE hero he's supposed to be -- The Flash who eventually helps found the Justice League, and build Gideon).
Old 03-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Great episode, except Barry treating Wally like crap and Wally getting trapped in the speedforce.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

this doesnt look good for future julian/caitlin relationship
Old 03-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Kush! I can't wait for this one!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

This episode was so intense. Kudos to KL for doing a great job!!

So I got why Barry was so annoyed at Wally for keeping the secret, but Caitlin set this all in motion and nothing happens? Wally was literally banished from Star Labs and is now stuck in the speedforce!!

The scene with Wally and Francine really broke my heart, he wanted her to be real so badly!

Savitar was right, Barry would never come back from Iris' death. It would end him. The stakes are so high right now.

I understand Iris breaking the engagement. This is why we got so many great moments, the angst starts now. And the tension will only build with her death looming over them.

Interesting episode, each couple had angst.

Elektra, I agree, Savitar is obsessed with not just Barry, but Barry and Iris and their iconic love. Eddie would have a reason to be behind this.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

Prediction: Barry is going to wear the engagement ring around his neck (like his great-grandpa), and then he’s going to get trapped in the speedforce to save the West-siblings at the end of the season… and in Season 4, he's going to fight his way out of the Speedforce to a waiting Iris (also like his great-grandpa), and he’s going to propose to her again (and hopefully become the TRUE hero he's supposed to be -- The Flash who eventually helps found the Justice League, and build Gideon).
I like the sound of this.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

OK, probably a day late (but hopefully, not a dollar short)...

Whoa!!! That was one heck of a ride! First off, I have to give kudos to Keiynan Lonsdale for a really good job this ep!! He was outstanding!! I could really feel his anguish, & the scene btwn Wally & Francine was heartbreaking (as was the scene when he saw Iris dying). Hats off to him.

Why is Caitlyn still on the team? What she did was reckless, thoughtless, & downright selfish!! She kept that secret all those months, & she basically got just a slap on the wrist? At least Julian laid into her. But Barry yells at Wally for keeping his secret a week? Sure, Barry. I know you expect a lot from him, but come on! Caitlyn should be kicked to the curb. Like. Yesterday.

Savitar surely sounds like a jealous ex, but there must be more to this story than that. I've heard that
Spoiler:
might be Savitar, & some of the theories presented sound plausible. But this is something I really want to find out about!

WA...that broke my heart that their no longer engaged, but I guess it was time to have some angst thrown in. I know some ppl are upset that they've broken up, but I don't think that is the case. They still love each other "more than anything", so I think that this is just a little hiccup along the way. And I agree w/Elektra's prediction.

Some minor(!) plotholes: (1)Caitlyn just ambled along the speed tunnel & found the fragment of the Philosopher's Stone? Nobody else noticed that it was there? (2) Why didn't Jesse race after Wally when he left the West house? (3) How did Barry get the ring from Joe, yet Joe didn't know he even took it? (That one's probably self-explanatory, but w/e) (4)How in the world did Wally know that the piece needed for Savitar was found, & put into the new box that Barry had just found from the acolyte? I guess Savitar could "see" things, but Wally was not around when all of that was going down.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top