Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

True North | Barry ♥ Iris #28: Barry, you’re supposed to be the same guy that you’ve always been. Suit or no suit, that guy is a hero.

Welcome to the Barry Allen Iris West Appreciation Thread

Iris West is a journalist in training. Barry Allen is the Flash (a.k.a The Red Streak). They grew up together after Barry's mother was murdered and Barry's father was convincted for her murder. Friendship; they are each other's best friends, they have a deep bond. Family;it's difficult for Barry to explain what he feels for Iris, she's the only family he had, but it runs so much deeper and Barry is just discovering that. Iris on the other hand is oblivious and fails to see what is right in front of her face.

After being hit by a lightning, Barry develops powers, now he is protecting the city from others like him, as the mysterious known as the
R e d S t r e a k this will only further develop and complicate his relationship with Iris as her pursuit of journalism and the Streak will pull her closer to him but into danger.

" h o w i f e e l how you make me feel."

Barry will work overtime alongside Iris's protective father (Joe), to keep his secret from Iris. Howeverwith Iris's inquistive nature and fasination with the impossible. She is determined to pursue the Flash.

Shippers

1) MiniAnneBoleynx8
2) Missou
3) lisagslack14
4) Scarlet Speedster
5) MyLastDayWithoutYou
6) HaylijahღEndgame
7) s e r e n i t y
8) scorpio_chick
9) Wingster
10) hlgreenie
11) backstreetboysfan
12) lickers
13) eternalfate
14) only dreaming
15) These Broken Stars
16) KeepThisaSecret
17) Subject87
18) AlwaysCB
19) Elektra
20) Queen of Babble
21) ring of fire
22) vaberella
23) Japril
24) Mich1111
25) *OldHollywoodStarlet*
26) DuVe2LoVe
27) AnneH
28) ky02121
29) sweetmac1
30) gigilove
31) classictvfan91
32) ursa major
33) toxicgurl169
34) falling slowly
35) Licia
36) Nothing Else Matters
37) tigerdee41
38) Akelly88
39) Jade4813
40) chez1
41) Behrable dream
42) SuitUp
43) baelfire24
44) wanderer765
45) sagittarius13
46) Stelena&Bamon
47) Summer Falls
48) Kylebraxtonisthebest
49) rpmaluki
50) Starlingcity
51) fire for a heart
52) SydneyO
53) Natasha Romanoff
54) Lucas4Brooke
55) beautiful connection ♥
56) ladyevenstar22
57) olicitybubble
58) dixon-silver
59) attract your dreams ♥
60) Monique19
61) ds44
62) makeitreign
63) Snugglebug1
64) FireQueen
65) Sarei
66) ParsD
67) Hot Rod
68) Leelala
69) Mistified
70) CapriciousCapricorn
71) livinginstereo
72) *Dark_Angel*4eva
73) Iquitefancyyou
74) Static Waves
75) Cilla92
76) NewsFlash
77) sourburst
78) jayale
79) ElenaBelle
80) scarletspuffyfan
81) Candygirl9890
82) scclarke
83) LunaSolTierra
84) Musickat18
85) Vespy
86) Glader|4|Life
87) SiredToDamon
88) sillycilla
89) LR_Roxy
90) McCallDavisWinchesterFan
91) Velvetsen
92) Heidsdk
93) toxicgurl16
94) The Apt
95) Margaery Stark
96) kn37
97) Destined to Be
98) Zac Efron's # 1 fan
99) *JAPRIL*
100) *Stephie*
101) beyond insane

Reasons

1) Because we can't wait to see this iconic comic couple onscreen
2) Because they're canon in the comics
3) Because she's "Barry's support" and "his rock"
4) Because of the way Barry looks at her
5) Because she knows him
6) Because they link arms when they walk
7) Because they protect each other
8) Because they smile like adorable dorks around each other
9) Because when Barry woke up the first person he went to see was Iris
10) Because they bring new meaning to the word best friends

Future Titles

1) Because the best relationships start out as friendships
2) Because she's "Barry's support" and "his rock"
3) Because "she knows him like the back of her hand" -Candice
4) Because "she believes in him even when others don't"-Candice
5) "When Patton and Gustin were put together, there were immediate sparks between the two!" - EDGE
6) "It was pretty evident from the start. We're both very light-hearted, fun-loving, happy- go-lucky people - and that instantly came through." - Candice
7) "It will go down as one of those Hollywood fables, that the minute the casting process was over, and Patton existed the room, Gustin turned to the casting crew and said: 'That's Iris!' - which is pretty awesome!" - EDGE

memorable quotes

"you're my b e s t f r i e n d Iris."

"I'm f a m i l y, Barry!"
"I'm f a s t n o w!"

Honorary Shippers:
Joe West
Henry Allen
Orlando Jones
Carlos Valdes
William Shatner
Tom Gustin
Tom Cavanagh

Grant
Candice

"She’s the love interest of Barry Allen, who is The Flash. She’s the romantic little number in the show. She’s kind of Barry’s support. She is like the Lois Lane to Superman. She’s there for him throughout all of his mishaps during the show. She’s just kind of his rock.”- Candice Patton

“Barry and Iris are childhood best friends. He has lived with Iris and her father since they were children when his father was accused and incarcerated for killing his mother. The two are incredibly close and she knows him like the back of her hand. I describe them as each other’s
‘true north’ in this crazy world. She believes in him even when others don’t. I think we all want someone like that. Someone who roots for us, and lightens our load in this life.”
- Candice Patton

"[Iris] is the love of his life and that's not going to change, I don't think." - Grant Gustin

"No matter what happens, Barry and Iris always seem to find their way back to each other" or "It's kind of a love story that travels through time." - Candice Patton CTV Interview
WestAllen Tumblrs:

without you, there wouldn't be the flash | I was so scared of losing you, that I did |
Before I knew what Love meant
| Iris West Daily

All WestAllen scenes through episodes 1-9:

Part One |Part Two|Part Three|Part Four

WestAllen Scenes - 1x15:

Part One l Part Two l Part Three l Part Four

WestAllen Scenes - 1x21:

Part One l Part Two

Wishlist

The Flash to save Iris
See when Barry realized he had feelings for Iris
Barry and Iris to dance
The Flash and Iris work together
Barry and Iris flashback
Barry, Iris and Joe celebrating the holidays & Grandma West! (Thanksgiving, Christmas!)
Barry and Iris potential first pre-teen kiss
Iris helping Barry with his mother's case
Barry/Iris comfort hugs (bonus points if he wipes a tear from her cheek... awww)
The Flash/Iris comfort hugs with some non-platonic!Iris reactions
Barry helping Iris sneak around to investigate something non-metahuman related and secretly using his powers to keep her safe
Flirty Flash/Blushing Iris
Iris somehow seeing & reacting to Barry's lightning!abs

woman king.

x

x

OP Under Construction
Previous Threads: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9| 10 | 11 | 12| 13| 14 l 15 l 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22
23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27

Icon by Me

Last edited by Hero of Time; 05-25-2016 at 04:22 PM
Old 04-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT.

Re-posting from the last thread, since it was on the last page:

My WestAllen speculation for next week's episode after seeing the preview:

- Barry is badly injured and is in a coma again from being electrocuted in that very unwise attempt to get his powers back.

(I'm basing the above on a scene from The Flashpoint Paradox, where Barry tries to get his powers back by electrocuting himself, but instead gets burns over most of his body, and is all bandaged up in a coma in the hospital. But that's where the homage to TFP ends)

- In a parallel to Season 1, Iris comes to his bedside and talks to him, but this time she reveals her feelings for him and it's a super-emotional heartfelt confession. He's unconscious though, so of course he doesn't hear her.

- Iris touches Barry, and *blue-spark* he wakes up, heals from all his injuries, has his powers back, and is faster than ever.

Seriously though, if the EPs are actually planning on following through with that "Iris is Barry's lightning rod" thing they were trying to sell us in last summer's Season 2 interviews, they need to do something like this.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

tftnt .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-76,NJH D-176 OSW D-202, J-Hope D-203, Jinyoung-D-224 JK-D-441

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-54 LDH D-412
Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread

great title.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Westallen goodness from 2x20

Source: "Without you, there wouldn't be the Flash." - Barry Allen, ambersriley: You know were the first person I...

Icon by Me
Old 04-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT.

That gifset is perfect.

Their scene tonight was so beautiful, it felt like season 1 Barry and Iris

"you and I were the only two people in the world." I died when he said this.

I cannot wait for next weeks episode.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.

Last edited by SydneyO; 04-26-2016 at 11:08 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

No Ferris Wheel

Overall I thought it was super filler and not that interesting.

BUT I loved the Westallen heart to heart. He remembered her being the first person he saved. It was so beautiful. For a second (ashamed to say) I forgot and him retelling it brought it all back.

Love the GIFset

"Like you and me were the only two people in the world"
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the new thread!

This episode is was a set up episode for WestAllen. I mean, little hints here and there are showing them coming back together again as best friends but also romance is happening soon... you can feel it in the air.

I just love seeing Iris a regular part of Team Flash now. That's not only awesome in general but another big hint that WestAllen is heading into romantic territory. They are going there so she doesn't suddenly become a part of the team just because she's romantically with Barry. Nah, this stuff is being taken care of now so it's all a smooth transition when WestAllen becomes romantic.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yup it was a good setup.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!

This episode is was a set up episode for WestAllen. I mean, little hints here and there are showing them coming back together again as best friends but also romance is happening soon... you can feel it in the air.

I just love seeing Iris a regular part of Team Flash now. That's not only awesome in general but another big hint that WestAllen is heading into romantic territory. They are going there so she doesn't suddenly become a part of the team just because she's romantically with Barry. Nah, this stuff is being taken care of now so it's all a smooth transition when WestAllen becomes romantic.
QFT. I'm behind this 100%.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Look at her heart eyes!

Old 04-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

^i love it and Barry is still oblivious to it. I wonder what his reaction is going to be when she tells him.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
^i love it and Barry is still oblivious to it. I wonder what his reaction is going to be when she tells him.
i have this bad feeling it's going to be unenthusiastic. i was hoping it would be this big moment and he'd be floored and happy, etc...but they've made him so miserable and they haven't showed us how he feels about her in so long (I think Grant's done his best on his own to try to give subtle facial expressions that might convey something, but i know that stuff isn't written).

i've lowered my expectations to the very bottom from now on. the writers aren't building it appropriately, imo. they're not doing enough. it's like they've never seen any other show before that did a simple "will they/won't they" storyline and they have no idea what beats they need to put in the episodes if you want to build up to something.

they should have lingered on Iris patching him up for example, to show sexual tension. any other show would have done that. there should have been some sort of flirting/tension btw them when they were out investigating together. this basic stuff just isn't being put in. how are you supposed to root for something that isn't being shaped consistently enough?

Last edited by scarletspuffyfan; 04-27-2016 at 03:46 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
I'm curious about his reaction too but based on the little nuggets we've gotten so far I feel very optimistic about it. I'm just glad that Iris is finally getting a pov and a part on team Flash.

Last edited by Destined to Be; 04-28-2016 at 03:06 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new one

;loved what we got

{}
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top