Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2015, 05:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Tftnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Seriously, though - I really hope they reveal that Barry's inability to surpass his speed limits has to do with the fact that he's pushing Iris away... because if they reveal that in 2B, I may actually forgive the show for 2A (just a little bit, at least).
That'd be awesome but your scenarios are often better than the show! I have no idea how much thought they're putting into it tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan
if there's an "i love you" moment btw Barry and Patty in next week's episode, i am seriously going to vomit. everywhere.
Kill it with fire!

I admit I've been having these negative thoughts for a while too. They are still getting to know each other therefore a Christmas ILY exchange seems rushed but it'd parallel last year Barry's love confession. I hope I'm wrong but I can see the writers going with something like that even if it'd make zero sense
Old 12-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
if there's an "i love you" moment btw Barry and Patty in next week's episode, i am seriously going to vomit. everywhere.
I'm going to monitor the reactions before I watch from now on and probably just youtube scenes if there are any good ones.. otherwise

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 12-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Addicted Fan

I totally expect an ILY exchange because Candice mentioned something about how Patty "loves" Barry. I feel like if they hadn't, she would just use "cares for him". Siiiigh

And personally sad for me, I feel like they're gonna steal that beautiful Dan/Serena gift-exchange first time sex I wanted for Westallen.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm just not seeing it with Batty, nor do I want to. lol I hope that said "love" Patty has for Barry is of the platonic kind. lol Nope Nope Nope! I mean, we all know how Barry feels about Iris, so like what's been mentioned before. Maybe down the line, Patty gets to see Barry show feelings for Iris in 2B. Yeah, and I'm beginning to think that 2B will be it for us guys. I'm holding on to hope.
Even if it doesn't make sense. Other than a some high points this season.. 2A!WestAllen is looking like a throw away for me. Maybe cause my WestAllen heart is a bit bruised right now.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think that if Patty says "I love you", to Barry, it will backfire tremendously. I mean, look at it this way: she's only known him for a few months, so how serious can it be? Proclaiming love this early will only add to her annoying behavior. (Unless that's the writer's intentions.) She's disgustingly clingy IMO, & overly perky, & any other sickening adjective you can think of. So, of course, she'll claim "ILY" but it can't really be THAT deep. I don't think that Barry "loves" her; "like", yeah, but if Barry says "ILY" back, then I'll probably
I know there are different degrees of "love", but I think that if they have him make that declaration, some ppl in the audience are going to assume that he's completely over Iris. And that will be a hard mountain to overcome in the audiences eyes. (And especially WAs!)

Oh, just remembered: Grant said that B/P (sounds like the gas station!) are gonna be having problems in 2x9. Let the unraveling begin!!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Oooh that could work.

Patty: I love you!
Barry: I love...cake.

Cue the start of things crumbling.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I think that if Patty says I love you Barry won't be able to say it back. At least that's my hope.

Icon by Me
Old 12-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah, i really hope it backfires, like with Felicity/Ray.

i'm just worried about it, because they treat Barry so weirdly delicately on this show. the fact that i'm like 99% sure he's never slept with anyone, and the Christmas ep being so focused on the B/P relationship, makes me think they're going to treat it like it's this big deal. maybe that means they don't want him to even be with someone that way unless he's "in love" or something, idk.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just saw these gifs. I knew I spotted his reaction last night!!!

http://49.media.tumblr.com/3c9045e4a...0l0wo2_500.gif

http://45.media.tumblr.com/58911127e...0l0wo1_500.gif
Old 12-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)
I think that if Patty says "I love you", to Barry, it will backfire tremendously. I mean, look at it this way: she's only known him for a few months, so how serious can it be? Proclaiming love this early will only add to her annoying behavior. (Unless that's the writer's intentions.) She's disgustingly clingy IMO, & overly perky, & any other sickening adjective you can think of. So, of course, she'll claim "ILY" but it can't really be THAT deep. I don't think that Barry "loves" her; "like", yeah, but if Barry says "ILY" back, then I'll probably
I know there are different degrees of "love", but I think that if they have him make that declaration, some ppl in the audience are going to assume that he's completely over Iris. And that will be a hard mountain to overcome in the audiences eyes. (And especially WAs!)

Oh, just remembered: Grant said that B/P (sounds like the gas station!) are gonna be having problems in 2x9. Let the unraveling begin!!!!
Yeah.. so I'm feeling much better discussing this with you guys. lol
I know WestAllen is endgame and all, but the journey getting there has been frustrating in that we're not getting what we're supposed to be seeing right now. But I'll forgive tptb, if I know what I feel what will become of 2B: More Iris/WestAllen development.
An ILY will only add to the smoke and mirrors that is Batty. Barry is emotionally wrapped up in Iris to even force feelings that he doesn't have for Patty on Patty. That will make him look like a jerk and Patty like a loser for believing what Barry says to her is genuine.. And with Iris being all close to the vest about her feelings.. this doesn't make for great television. Nah, not gonna happen. I'm still dreaming about WestAllen's first official ILY. Its gonna be so dang magical, I can't wait! haha

Well thanks for that little tidbit. (yippee!)

LMAO, ParsD!!! hahahahahaha

Batty won't get too serious before realizing they are better off as good friends. lol Barry and Iris kinda have this destined to be together thing going on to where its gonna most likely affect the whole world, which I am apart of. So, yeah Its kinda sorta important Batty pump the brakes now and spare us the useless "Its not you, its me" spiel. hahahaha

Thanks for that Popcorn71. I needed that. I C U Barry, I C right through U. #PatientlyWaiting

I totally feel better now, thanks guys.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I think the only reason Patty can't see the connection between Barry and Iris like Eddie could it's because she hasn't seen Barry/Iris interaction that much or at all.

Icon by Me
Old 12-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I admit I've been having these negative thoughts for a while too. They are still getting to know each other therefore a Christmas ILY exchange seems rushed but it'd parallel last year Barry's love confession. I hope I'm wrong but I can see the writers going with something like that even if it'd make zero sense
Barry's confession to Iris was 15 years in the making though. If he says ILY to Patty, it would seem like he's trying too hard to get on Patty's good side

I could see it playing out with Patty saying ILY to Barry, and Barry being like "Uh... yeah.. yeah, sure. I love you too..." or something like that (more as a response rather than a declaration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
I totally expect an ILY exchange because Candice mentioned something about how Patty "loves" Barry. I feel like if they hadn't, she would just use "cares for him". Siiiigh
Patty may very well love Barry though. It doesn't mean he loves her - at least, not the same way. Sure, he may like her a whole lot, care for her in a romantic way... but I really don't think he would see her as end-game.

If they have him make some grand declaration of his love, I think viewers/fans are going to roll their eyes. A lot of people aren't feeling B/P (if you've ever listened to some of the after shows, it seems to be a common thing), not just us WestAlleners

Yes, in the New 52 Barry was all "I got free of the Speed Force so I could get back to you, Patty" BUT Iris and Barry in the New 52 don't have the history of Iris and Barry on the TV show (and Patty dumped him either a few pages later, or the next issue after that declaration).

If the showrunners are trying to make it seem like TV!Barry/Patty are in any way equal to TV!Barry/Iris (lightning rod! Sparks when they touch!), I don't think it's going to fly.

Last edited by Elektra; 12-02-2015 at 10:01 AM
Old 12-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wonder if an ILY actually is a good thing for Barry/Iris fans. I could see Patty saying it, Barry either lying, saying it back or the ILY makes him examine who he really wants to be with. It's possible any ILY will cause Barry to revisit his love for Iris. It's easy for him to be in denial and put his love for Iris on hold at the moment. He's not serious with his current GF. But the minute it starts turning serious is when Barry will take a step back and realize he has to deal with what his heart truly wants.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
yeah, i really hope it backfires, like with Felicity/Ray.

i'm just worried about it, because they treat Barry so weirdly delicately on this show. the fact that i'm like 99% sure he's never slept with anyone, and the Christmas ep being so focused on the B/P relationship, makes me think they're going to treat it like it's this big deal. maybe that means they don't want him to even be with someone that way unless he's "in love" or something, idk.
THIS! But I go back to when he was dating Linda for a minute.. Barry couldn't try hard enough to hide his ever growing feelings for Iris. So what makes us think that his dating Patty will be any different? Considering she has no clue about WestAllen, just yet. Maybe this last go-round between Batty, this fits in with staying true to oneself; staying true to his feelings. Essentially there's been three people in the relationship once again, just like S1. Full disclosure is the key phrase here. Barry needs to be honest with Patty and Iris needs to be more open, more frank about her feelings in general. Something is there, yes, but we're lacking serious POV from her that is just stifling her characterization.
Patty not knowing about WestAllen is used as a plot device. So when later she finds out about them and their history, her reaction to it and how Barry responds to it, on top of Iris' response will hopefully bring all this angst to a head. Barry wouldn't want to think any less of Iris the way he's underestimating Patty's feelings as a human being. Nobody wants to feel second best. Patty gonna be hurt regardless and that will start another ripple effect for WestAllen. Hopefully this will kick off #EndgameWestAllen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I wonder if an ILY actually is a good thing for Barry/Iris fans. I could see Patty saying it, Barry either lying, saying it back or the ILY makes him examine who he really wants to be with. It's possible any ILY will cause Barry to revisit his love for Iris. It's easy for him to be in denial and put his love for Iris on hold at the moment. He's not serious with his current GF. But the minute it starts turning serious is when Barry will take a step back and realize he has to deal with what his heart truly wants.
Nah. Its gonna be about Patty's reaction to finding out about WestAllen. An ILY would be pushing it, see it being said just for that? But rather Patty maybe telling Barry how much she is enjoying dating him and "getting to know him" and telling him of the potential future they could have together. LOL Patty has to figure out that she's a rebound. She has to catch WestAllen "in the act", getting all adorably cute with each other without them realizing they are being watched. LOL Then Patty would have to confront Barry and its up to Barry to reaffirm his feelings and how that affects everyone involved. blah blah blah, another lesson to be learned. lol

Last edited by MochaSteel; 12-02-2015 at 10:49 AM
Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

dp
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top