Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tricksters [1.17] - Episode Discussion [March 31st, 2015]

[1.17] TRICKSTERS
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ MARK HAMILL (“STAR WARS”) REPRISES HIS ROLE AS THE TRICKSTER ϟ
A copycat killer who goes by the name “The Trickster” (guest star Devon Graye) starts setting off bombs in Central City. In order to stop the villain, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) meet with the original Trickster, a criminal mastermind named James Jesse (guest star Mark Hamill), who has been imprisoned for 20 years. Things quickly go from bad to worse when the Tricksters unite and take Henry (John Wesley Shipp) prisoner. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) asks Eddie (Rick Cosnett) for help with a case, and flashbacks show how Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) came up with the idea for the particle accelerator.
Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg (#117).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.
vFIrpD8CJKg
- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 03-31-2015, 12:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

thanks for the thread.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark
hamill
Old 03-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Total Fan

- Yay… Future!Barry has the white logo on his suit

- No surprise that the real Eobard Thawne has blonde hair and blue eyes like a certain detective…

- Mark Hamil's 2015 Trickster is way creepier than his 1991 version.

- Flash/Iris scene! Would it be too much to ask for Iris to have a password on her laptop, and for her to wonder how the Flash knows it? (Because you know she probably shared it with Barry).

- "I am your father"

- Yes, Barry… use the (speed) force

- So they tell Eddie about Barry's secret identity, but still not Iris?

This is getting so stupid now. All the important men in her life keeping secrets from her. Not only that, but they put the kibosh on Iris looking into Mason's disappearance.

And here I thought Iris was getting a storyline. Guess I should have known better. The writers seem determined to give Iris NOTHING.

Although... "Sometimes I'm not sure why I wear a mask with you"... is that some foreshadowing? Please? Pretty please?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amazing ep

Quote:
And here I thought Iris was getting a storyline. Guess I should have known better. The writers seem determined to give Iris NOTHING.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Like Joe said...patience

and good on Eddie for not buying into Joe's over protectiveness

and did Iris have a "wait a minute" moment? When Flash came in and spoke to Trickster in his normal voice about Henry Allen they cut to her and she had a brief moment of recognition I think...

the Eobard reveal...
Old 03-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Like the show until the end, I hate it that. Now I want her to be mad at them for more than an episode. This is why I think Iris should stop relying on the men in her life to get information. They suck.

Was surprise at how the Harrison a wells we know became Harrison Wells.

Icon by Me
Old 03-31-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Amazing ep

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Like Joe said...patience

and did Iris have a "wait a minute" moment? When Flash came in and spoke to Trickster in his normal voice about Henry Allen they cut to her and she had a brief moment of recognition I think...

the Eobard reveal...
agreed, patience is key. Yes, Iris still doesn't know, yes Eddie knows (although not sure that was a smart move). Him knowing who the Flash is, is obviously a problem as we know the kind of trouble he is suppose to cause (if they follow the comics).

Anyways great episode. Eobard Thawne Anyone know who the actor playing him is? Never mind found him, it is Matt Letscher

Everytime I see Iris and the Flash, man there is some sexual tension there.

The Tricksters were great bad guys and Mark Hamill's SW reference was awesome

So basically Wells is dead. Eobard moved up some of the timeline so that he can try and return home.

Now it is a 2 week wait

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Monique19; 03-31-2015 at 09:12 PM
Old 04-01-2015, 03:36 AM
Total Fan

I hope they reveal how the Flash came to be in Eobard's original timeline, since S.T.A.R. Labs wasn't supposed to be around until 2020.

Unless the particle accelerator/Barry's accident was going to happen anyway, regardless of "when"?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I give Eddie no points for that because, unless the next ep starts with him telling Iris the truth, he may pay lip service to wanting to be honest with her but he DOES buy into Joe's BS since he goes along with it.

If my friend tells me she found a million dollars that she saw a little old lady leave behind at a bus stop and gives me half, I can protest that we should return it (and "we'll have a talk about that later), but if I start using some of it to buy lunch (he DID subsequently lie to Iris) and then never return it...I'm not morally absolved from taking a little old lady's money because I paid lip service to feeling bad about it and that we really shouldn't.

I actually REALLY enjoyed the episode until that moment. The Joker - I mean the Trickster - was great. Hope MH comes back. He was a little over the top cheesy in the way the Rogues are, but he was menacing in the way the Rogues aren't and that just made him all the more creepy. Plus, that voice he does is just eerie.

I was just talking to my friend yesterday, wondering how they could keep TC on the show if he's the RF. Now I'm thinking Barry finds a way to either intentionally or accidentally go back in time and save the REAL HW and that's who we have in following seasons. Just a thought but it would work.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy hell on wheels what a kickass episode!

So much was revealed that I can't wrap my head around it yet.

I will say for now since I'm running out of time- best part of the episode was easily Mark Hamill. He stole the show as the Trickster. And the SW "I am your father" line- - I had to rewind it and watch it several times because of how sick it was!!!!!!

Mark kills it as the Joker but having him as the Trickster- ****in' A!
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

see I can sympathize with Eddie lying to her about Mason. It's not 100 % right but..what if she continues? What if she discovers what Mason had? It got Mason killed...I can see why Eddie (along with Barry and Joe) don't want that to happen to her.

Quote:
Mark Hamill's SW reference was awesome
Can't believe I didn't see that coming.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
see I can sympathize with Eddie lying to her about Mason. It's not 100 % right but..what if she continues? What if she discovers what Mason had? It got Mason killed...I can see why Eddie (along with Barry and Joe) don't want that to happen to her.
I think regardless of what they tell her, she will soon start doing things on her own...without them knowing.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 04-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree but I can't fully blame them for lying in this instance as further digging will likely lead to death
Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No in this instance, I won't really blame the lying...however, I also don't think Thawne wants to harm her....at least not right now.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I agree but I can't fully blame them for lying in this instance as further digging will likely lead to death
I have to say I disagree and I DO blame Eddie and the rest for lying to her about this.

Yes, continuing to dig into Mason could put her in danger but here's the thing:

She's an adult and she gets to decide whether it's worth it or not. Just like Barry gets to decide if running into a dangerous situation is worth it to him or not.

Also, as they all have ALREADY SEEN so it isn't speculative for them, lying to her about these things DOESN'T stop her. It didn't with the Flash, and they ALL saw that (even if Eddie didn't take it seriously at first.) It only made her more determined.

Every time - every.single.time. - they tried to gaslight her into thinking the Flash wasn't real, she responded with, "Yes he is. And I'm going to PROVE it to you." When they tried to undermine her confidence about her blog, her reaction was to put her name on it.

So, if anything, they have SEEN that trying to lie and coddle Iris like this makes her more determined and PUTS HER AT RISK.

Is she going to stop looking into this because Eddie told her he's in South America raising alpacas or something? Absolutely everything that she has done to date in front of them indicates that she absolutely will not. If they told her they think a dangerous man killed Mason and could be after her if she digs too deep, and there's a chance that person is Wells, would she continue looking into it? Probably yes. Still. On the other hand, she might be more circumspect about questioning Wells in that event so that he wasn't aware she was on to him, as opposed to potentially blundering into a situation from ignorance that actually comes close to getting her killed.

So, nope, I disagree. I sympathize with wanting to keep her safe. These people are supposed to have known Iris for much/all of her life and/or know/love her enough to want to spend the rest of their lives with her. So there is absolutely no reason why they should be so ignorant of who Iris is a person to think that this constant lying is going to do anything but potentially get her killed in the end. Also, it's pretty damn insulting to her.

Last edited by Jade4813; 04-01-2015 at 10:58 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top