Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2016, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Trajectory [2.16] - Episode Discussion [March 22nd, 2016]

[2.16] TRAJECTORY
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ THERE IS A NEW SPEEDSTER IN CENTRAL CITY; WILL THE FLASH BE ABLE TO KEEP UP? ϟ
Deciding to blow off some steam, Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team head out for a night on the town only to encounter an unexpected speedster who is up to no good. Iris (Candice Patton) is challenged by an assignment from her new boss (guest star Tone Bell), and is surprised when friction turns to flirtation.
Glen Winter directed the episode written by Lauren Certo and Lilah Vandenburgh (#216).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Last edited by Hero of Time; 03-21-2016 at 04:31 AM
Old 03-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Flave

also I may copy this OP for the CP board
Old 03-22-2016, 05:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Thanks Flave

also I may copy this OP for the CP board
Lol smart idea

Yes its back on

Tbh i cant get over the board custermization its so perfect
Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Solid episode and of course the ending of the episode was the best thing about the episode for me.

I loved that we finally got a great amount of Barry/Iris scenes. I loved them talking about their married doppelganger. It just shows you how much the Earth-2 version of them is on their mind.

Scott Evans and Iris pairing? not sure on it. Their scenes were okay.

I loved the beginning of the episode when everyone was having such a great time. I always enjoy light moments like that throughout the series, and Cisco dancing was hilarious. lol
Jesse and Wally seemed like they were going to hit it off if it wasn't for Jesse watch keep interrupting her.

Loved how the crew put it together who Zoom was in the end. Especially with Zoom and Jay both dying, it made sense for them to put it together.

The ending of this episode was a sad one. For all of them to find out that Jay was Zoom was like a huge stab in the back
It's just so painful for Barry Allen because he didn't trust Jay at all to begin with.
He knew after what happened with Harrison Wells E1 that he shouldn't have trusted anyone. Grant Gustin letting out that scream in the end. My goodness that was just emotional.
Talk about one of the most emotional reveals (even though we all know Jay was Zoom).

Oh and also just feel sad for all of them. All of them just have to feel stupid and betrayed and angry.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Total Fan

* Barry's speed is reliant on his confidence, and desperation. He's gotta work on that.

He's also got to work on his phasing power. That has to be the most inconsistent ability he has. Sometimes he can phase through things, other times he can't. The glass cell in the Pipeline couldn't be any worse than the one in Zoom's lair.

* How did Wells' creepy recording end up on Jesse's metahuman detector?

* "If we ever do get married…"

So, Iris has been thinking about a possible wedding to Barry...

* Oh look, someone else who's faster than Barry.

Why didn't Barry just grab the V9 from Eliza when he had the chance? Now she's gotten herself sucked into the speedforce.

* Iris is flirting with her boss to protect Barry, and he thinks she's putting the moves on him.

Sorry, Scott. I think Iris's thoughts are with someone else…

* Well, I guess we know how Jesse Quick gets her powers.

* Barry (after finding out about Zoom): JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! **shakes fist in anger**

Seriously, though - that ending bit was so over dramatic.

Last edited by Elektra; 03-22-2016 at 06:33 PM
Old 03-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

it was... okay? IMO

* for obvious, there were going to be Jay mentions. I think there were around 15... that might have been too many for me.

* does Jessie have her speed now? we know that they did the blood transfusion but are we sure that it worked?

* the reveal scene was done very well. not sure why they had Cisco keeping the secret like that but whatever. the scene was really good, glad everyone was there and the scream at the end...all well done.

* were they trying to imply that Zoom is really some version of Jay's alter-ego? What with trajectory / Eliza scene? i mean, I guess that would explain the nap during the earth quake....

*opening scene and the club scene were good.

* I know its cause Barry's a hero and their good people but seriously, wait a few months and Zoom might be dead. problem solved.

* I imagine we will see Jessie again this season... maybe with Speed?

* Meh on Scott and Iris. Just... yeah.

there were some references and throw backs to season one so that was nice. so I can't call it a bad episode, it advanced the story line / lines a little.... but the first 5 minutes or so and the last 5 minutes or so by far did far more for me than the intervening time

^^

IDK about the cell door in the pipe line. I was going to agree but it also kept Eobard contained... not season one Eobard because once he was in there I don't think he was trying to escape - but the time traveling one from earlier this season. He wasn't able to get out of there either
Old 03-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode! Oh Flash how I've missed you.

It was nice to see them hang out like regular 20 something year olds even if it didn't last that long.

Iris and Barry discussing their married Earth 2 counterparts that netflix and chill comment though Just how much have you thinking about this Iris hmm?

*People assuming the Flash robbing them* It's like come on people you live in a town where metahumans are popping up all the time. Seriously, he didn't rob you all those other times why would he randomly start robbing you now?

Eliza not sticking around I can't say I didn't it coming V9 really messed up her.

Iris is willingly to flirt with Scott to keep from writing a bad article about the Flash. But man when he thought that he was date I'll admit it. I laughed. A lot. I was really loud. Sorry Scott. So awkward. This is too temporary to get invested in.

Jesse ran away. I wonder how long she's going to be gone.

I'm that the secret about Zoom being Jay is out but poor Team Flash and Barry. His mentors are always betraying him.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will need to rewatch but kind of a weak ep

wonder how Jesse will return and...did her watch beep because of Barry...or Wally?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got this massive headache and I can barely look at any screens right now, but I couldnt help but watch the first few minutes .

Jesse and Wally, I knew it and I'm totally on board .

West-Allen . Flawless, just flawless, they're back and dat epic chemistry, I just can't put these two into words and that was just their first scene.

Cisco dancing . Glorious.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Wonderful episode. Good riddance Jessie. All she did was complain and give her father grief. He did those things to get her free. What part of that did she not get.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Barry/Iris romantic foreshadowing in this one. Bring it!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

This ep wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...it helps to have low expectations!

The best part of this ep was the Westallen club scene...that did it for me Come on, Barry, how much of a doofus do you have to be to NOT notice that Iris wanted to Netflix & chill...w/YOU?!?!?!

Cisco still had the best lines (maybe not so much the best moves...)

The meta of the week was underwhelming for me, & she had that creepy Norman Osborne-talking-to-yourself-while-being-addicted thing that was going on in Spider-Man. Wasn't a fan of that then, & I don't like it now.

At first I wasn't a fan of Scott... & I'm still not. Thankfully his "relationship" w/Iris will only be temporary.

Jesse was a bit of a brat; & where exactly did she get money to leave town? Is there any significance to why she was going to Opal City? And what exactly is Wally's role? And when Jesse's meta-detector went off, are we to assume that Wally is also a meta? I thought only ppl in CC were affected by the PA, not anywhere else.

Overall, it was a decent episode, & it was good to have the show back on.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:07 PM
New Fan

Interesting episode. Wonder why the speed drug effected Jesse so differently. I'm thinking the Jay that was killed by Zoom was a past self of Zoom (Jay), before he found the path to ultra-speed at the cost of his soul, but somehow his death didn't have repercussions on Zoom. Curious how they will play that. How did the bad lady speedster know that there was a room in Star Labs that the Flash could not escape from? Glad we finally made it to Mach 3! Only 8 zillion mphs to go.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Loyal Fan

i loved loved loved this episode!

SHAWN x ANGELA~ COREY x TOPANGA (BMW)
(avatar: MILLIE MAE)
Old 03-24-2016, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I found the period also great and it was busy. Only no Barry and Caitlin scenes.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top