Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Supergirl: World's Finest [1.18] - Crossover Discussion [March 28th, 2016]

[1.18] WORLD'S FINEST
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION

SUPERGIRL GAINS A NEW ALLY WHEN THE LIGHTNING-FAST SUPERHERO THE FLASH HELPS HER BATTLE LIVEWIRE AND SILVER BANSHEE ϟ
Kara gains a new ally when the lightning-fast superhero The Flash (Grant Gustin) suddenly appears from an alternate universe and helps Kara battle Siobhan, aka Silver Banshee, and Livewire in exchange for her help in finding a way to return him home.
ϟ PROMO

REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Old 03-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Flave

and the sneak peeks Bonnie
Old 03-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Total Fan

I was wondering if there was going to be a thread for this, since the episode is mostly Supergirl. Glad there is one

ETA:

* Wait… Cat is giving Kara love advice? Really? I thought she’d still be a bit bitter about Adam.

* I still don’t understand how random people can just get into Catco without a security card.

* Oh, Barry… always the gentleman when trying to put out a fire on a woman.

@ Barry name-dropping all the heroes on his Earth.

* Cat had some great lines this episode. Poor Barry seemed so upset when she trashed his superhero name. (But “The Blur”? Have the writers been watching Smallville?)

* Oh look – Barry gets to use his brains when Cisco and Caitlin aren’t around. Not only that, but he picked up some hints from Oliver (ie: checking the perimeter).

And we don’t see stuff like this on The Flash because…???

* Wait, Barry is the one giving advice/pep talks? Woah… this is an alternate Universe.

* Awww, Winn trying to get through to Siobhan. He was so sweet and sincere. Poor guy.

* Wait, how is Silver Banshee even strong enough to knock Kara down?

* So Cat knew Barry was the Flash… and she doesn’t ask how Kara, Winn, and James met him/knew who he was? Please let this mean she knows who Kara really is but has been pretending she doesn’t.

* James and Kara!

* Well, crap… everyone is being mind-controlled by Non. That’s not a good thing.

* While Batman is fighting Superman, and Iron Man is fighting Captain America, it was nice to see Supergirl and The Flash working together.

My only complaint is --- why don’t the writers write Barry more like this on his own TV show? (ie: using his brain, being confident, being supportive of other people, rather than his current Season 2 self: where other people need to think for him, he constantly doubts himself, and needs a million pep talks from everyone – even from his own doppelganger.)

Last edited by Elektra; 03-28-2016 at 06:24 PM
Old 03-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wait… Cat is giving Kara love advice? Really? I thought she’d still be a bit bitter about Adam.
that was way weird even without the Adam of it all.

Loved the ep...
Kara mentioned her sister...and no mention of Iris then..hmmm

Quote:
And we don’t see stuff like this on The Flash because…???
I wish I knew

Last edited by Wingster; 03-28-2016 at 10:32 PM
Old 03-28-2016, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, everyone. We thought it would be the case . We should enjoy everything we get.

I'll probably watch this one after tomorrow's episode, since that's how it was supposed to go.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

well, the reason for regarding Barry not doing the thinking on his own a lot is pretty simple.

its all they have really given two or three characters to do so if they didn't do that... they'd have really no point to being on the show almost, IMO. At least this season. I mean until Jessie up and left we were looking at having 4 people (Jessie, Wells, Cisco and Caitlin) just hanging out in Star Labs explaining the science of everything.

While some of that could be created to be somewhat light ( ie King Shark with Cisco / Wells, Jessie) some of it wasn't going to be so then to have Barry do a lot of it as well... might become a tad redundant.

Would I like to see more of it? Sure. Especially where he doesn't need a pep talk every other week, etc. But since the crew at Star Labs this season has had almost no development outside of Star Labs really - I can understand why they are given the science-y aspect of things more often than not
Old 03-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Saw the episode; it was cute, but it was a bit overhyped, especially at the expense of them not promoting the Flash episodes. One of the things I don't understand is why this episode aired before Ep.17 of The Flash; continuity is going to be hard to follow, since the Supergirl episode takes place after the events of 17 & before what happens in ep 18, whenever that's supposed to air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
My only complaint is --- why don’t the writers write Barry more like this on his own TV show? (ie: using his brain, being confident, being supportive of other people, rather than his current Season 2 self: where other people need to think for him, he constantly doubts himself, and needs a million pep talks from everyone – even from his own doppelganger.)
I guess they think that makes him edgy or something But Grant did say that when Barry comes back from the alternate universe that Barry will be a much happier person. (WHY I don't know.)
Old 03-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

because he made new friends?
defeated a villain?
was able to make someone else feel better?
Because he made it home?

maybe ????

I have no idea but that's what I came up with.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved the crossover - I expected it to feel a bit rushed cuz in just one hour they had to have Kara/Barry meet each other, work together, fight the bad guys, conquer the bad guys, get Barry back home. But even with the constraints, I very much enjoyed the chemistry, humor and action. Wouldn't mind another crossover in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)
But Grant did say that when Barry comes back from the alternate universe that Barry will be a much happier person. (WHY I don't know.)
i'm guessing its cuz he found out he's pretty great on his own I hope it gives him more confidence in himself that he helped Kara so much and they were a great team and had fun together

I do hope tonight Barry discusses Earth 3(?) with the team and that Cisco:
1) cracks up at Barry being called "The Blur"
2) asks if Kara was hot

ETA: I love that Barry found someone who burns as many calories as he does LOL "Who doesn't like donuts?"
Old 03-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

well, I know I like donuts... perhaps a bit too much actually
Old 03-29-2016, 08:30 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)

I do hope tonight Barry discusses Earth 3(?) with the team and that Cisco:
1) cracks up at Barry being called "The Blur"
2) asks if Kara was hot

ETA: I love that Barry found someone who burns as many calories as he does LOL "Who doesn't like donuts?"
Actually, tonight's episode of The Flash is supposed to take place before last night's Supergirl, so my guess is it will probably end with him doing his first Universe-hop.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Absolutely loved the crossover last night. Barry Allen was adorable and I'm hoping when he told Kara to get going with James, he just might have been thinking of Iris and how they have to get going, too.

I can't wait for tonight when we get the explanation of how the heck Barry got to Kara's world.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

I imagine that he might have simply been trying to get back home after Wells gives him the speed aid on his chest
Old 03-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think maybe the April 19th ep will feature him doing the universe hop...I remember reading that the episode on April 5th will show that...but there is no episode on that day so...
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top