Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

well, i have to say i enjoyed this episode much more than last week's. i found the pied piper character & storyline to be more intriguing than i expected. i think that's mainly due to it's insight on dr. wells, cisco & star labs. i really like how this show has a strong foundation for its characters & that they can have episodes that delve into the supporting characters. barry was mainly a side character this episode and that was fine.

i liked learning about cisco's beginning at star labs, dr. well's interest in him & cisco's rivalry w/Hartley. i loved that we got a bit more w/dr. wells & seeing him use his speed. it's also interesting how distant he keeps himself from everyone & allows those around him to know what he wants them to know. cisco & caitlin had never even been to his home before. so, i love that we're getting little by little a deeper look at dr. wells. i'm still not sure who he really is or what his plan is, but i'm enjoying learning every week.

i hope the show continues to head down this route. i'm still waiting for the show to focus a bit more on eddie since he seems to be the 1 main character we haven't seen much beyond his work & iris. i assume that will come very soon.

the investigation that joe & eddie will be doing has me intrigued & excited. however, i feel this will lead to a sad conclusion. still, i'm glad that joe is looking out for barry's best interest even if barry can't see it for himself.

i'm not that familiar w/pied piper, but i'm wondering how much insight he knows on wells & now, on firestorm.

i also have to say that i'm glad that iris has a job. i know she had her gig at jitters, but the girl needs to work. however, i'm a bit bothersome on how fast she got the position. it seems natural that her work on the flash would raise attention, but i think it would've been better if she was already an intern at the start of the show that eventually leads to the job offer. beyond that, i like that she will have to prove herself as a journalist. i'm still not a fan of journalism/media career choices for the female characters b/c they always find themselves in trouble, usually the cause & playing the damsel roles that i can't stand. this is part of my reason that i can't stand lois lane & i'm not crazy seeing it again.

otherwise, i enjoyed this episode. i thought it went beyond the usual villain of the week & progressed the story forward, which every episode should do.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)
Old 01-31-2015, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Lois isn't necessarily a damsel in distress-It depends on who's playing her. The one on Smallville was a BAMF. Iris did save herself that one time-I have to give her credit when it's due. Superman Returns has Lois as a bitter damsel in distress,but Man of Steel didn't. Even if the movie was awful, technically Lois did work on her own with help from Jor-El. Teri Hatcher's Lois was off and on.

This fandom may be different as well. I'm not positive,but I believe that Ezra Miller has been cast as The Flash in the movies. It's either that or Green Arrow,I'm not sure. They'll probably make Iris a completely different character. The CW has a specific way of writing female characters,which is why we keep seeing Iris saved by Barry and Laurel by Oliver before she knew who he was.

Even Caitlin was a damsel in distress last week and she's not a reporter. I don't know if it's the role of reporter that makes them written like this. In the Batman fandom, Rachel was a lawyer,but she still needed saving by Batman. In Beauty and the Beast,a cop gets saved by a super-powered man.

It's the way these characters are written that's the issue,not their job. I have a feeling that I'll like movie Iris,even if I dislike tv Iris.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

I think this has been my favorite Flash episode. I hope we see more of the Pied Piper in future episodes and I can't wait for Harrison's secrets to come out. I'm still hoping that he is not Reverse Flash and there is a major twist with his character. I don't think Barry is going to like it when he finds out Joe is investigating Wells but he might thank him if Harrison is the reverse flash which I still have doubts about.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Iris was only saved by Barry once and she ultimately ended up saving him. lol She also saved herself and everyone in the CCPD in Power Outage. I must say, though, that I don't necessarily have a problem seeing her as the DiD once in a while, particularly since it's a role rarely afforded characters who look like her.

On another note, Pied Piper my be may favorite villain thus far (save Reverse Flash, of course) and I give a lot of credit to Andy Mientus. I'm enjoying him in the role.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea Pied Piper was a great villain...I'd place him 3rd after RF, and Captain Cold
Old 02-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

i know iris has had her moments saving herself, which i'm proactive for & i hope they keep that trend going.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)
Old 02-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I do,too. They need to make female characters stronger and able to handle themselves without relying on the male ones most of the time.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

"Does that count as a selfie?"

A+ episode! Last week's was not my favorite, but this one was just awesome.

Finally, more Wells. I think he wants his full powers again? Bu obviously there's more to it. It was freaky to see him use his powers, despite all the RF debate, we're now sure that he's at the very least a speedster. His house gave me the creeps.

Pied Piper is a douche and a petty bully, but he makes for an interesting antagonist. I felt sorry for Cisco. I loved the flashbacks to when he was a newbie at SL.

I'm super psyched for Iris, she survived her first day! More scenes with Mason and Wells, please!

I'm happy with how they're portraying Wells. He was clearly shaken when Barry told him he was good a being a hero.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched this today and aww man I love Andy Mientus, he did a very good job of playing the Pied Piper. I'm really hoping we get to see more of him, and I'm curious about whether they're going to introduce his ~dating storyline into the show as well and how that'll play into everything.

I loved all the flashback stuff, it's so interesting to get glimpses of Caitlin and Cisco before the crash.

The scenes with Joe and Barry made me super emotional, this show keeps giving me all these father/son moments and it's making my heart hurt.

I'm excited for Iris to prove herself at her job and to demonstrate her "gumption"

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 02-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really did enjoy this episode too. I thought the introduction of Pied Piper was amazing. It was interesting to see how STAR Labs was not perfect before the the failed particle accelerator. I thought Cisco was just awesome.

I want to believe that Dr.Wells is a good man especially with that heartfelt moment with Cisco but i'm still skeptical. Although, I do enjoy watching the build up to Dr.Wells character and secret. I think it's interesting how he is shown as such a good guy but then bad guy. I feel like I think he is a bad man just because he is hiding something whether that being the possibility of the Reverse Flash or not. It is just the idea of holding secrets from the others that makes him bad even if it is for a good reason.

Those Joe and Barry moments just killed my poor little heart. They are so adorable with how much respect and love there is. I think Barry is really starting to appreciate Joe and everything he has done for him especially as a father figure.

I'm honestly never a big fan of female characters in shows or movies because they are portrayed as weak so, i'm hoping that they will make Iris a strong woman and not just Barry's love interest. I really am hoping for a scene between her and Eddy where she shows she doesnt need him to protect her which I know has happened but, something a little more badass for be nice.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wells is at best morally gray. At worst he's a murderer (actually he already is that)

Quote:
The scenes with Joe and Barry made me super emotional, this show keeps giving me all these father/son moments and it's making my heart hurt.
BEST RELATIONSHIP
Old 04-18-2015, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

There's something about Eddie that has just bugged me since he first came into it, but i refuse to read spoilers!

Last edited by sourburst; 04-18-2015 at 03:45 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top