Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Sound And The Fury [1.11] - Episode Discussion [January 27th, 2015]

[1.11] THE SOUND AND THE FURY
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ BROADWAY STAR ANDY MIENTUS GUEST STARS AS THE PIED PIPER ϟ
Dr. Wells’ (Tom Cavanagh) former protégée, Hartley Rathaway (guest star Andrew Mientus), returns to seek revenge on his mentor after being affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Now able to manipulate sound waves, the brilliant Rathaway is a dangerous threat to both Wells and The Flash (Grant Gustin). Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is thrilled when she’s hired by the Central City Picture News as their newest cub reporter. Unfortunately, her editor (guest star Tom Butler) pairs her with a veteran reporter, Mason Bridge (guest star Roger Howarth), who wants nothing to do with her. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) recalls his first day on the job at S.T.A.R. Labs when he met Hartley and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker). Joe (Jesse L. Martin) asks Eddie (Rick Cosnett) for a favor but asks him to keep it a secret from Barry.
John Showalter directed the episode written by Alison Schapker & Brooke Eikmier (#111).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 01-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great episode!

I love how Joe isn't buying what Wells is saying. He is a good manipulator and especially since Barry admires him so much, Barry isn't looking for the inconsistencies. However, asking Eddie to look into it, is probably the worse person to ask.

Piper was a good villain. I thought he knew Wells was Reverse Flash but I guess not.

Barry/Iris scenes aww sweet.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 01-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

It was a very good episode. Much better than last week's which was just done to showcase Heatwave and Captain Cold.

The king of lies (Joe) is at it again.
Nice Barry/Iris. I'm actually good with them staying friends like this through the rest of the season.
I really enjoyed this week's villain and loved how he called Barry a moron. I also enjoyed how Mason dissed Iris.
They need a bigger budget so they don't have to hold press conferences at the police station.
Liked the introduction of Iris the reporter.
Cisco/Caitlin is cute. Is he developing a crush?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Total Fan

* Awww, Barry and Iris are all hugging and supportive of each other again. Glad the awkwardness didn't carry on past last episode.

* Cisco needs to wear a ponytail more often

* So, Dr. Wells' speedster powers have a limit and need a recharge. Does that mean he really IS paralyzed and the tachyon thing is the only thing that allows him to walk? Because he just seemed to collapse in the hallway while trying to run, and he looked like he was in pain and couldn't move (this was prior to anyone else showing up in the hallway).

* I'm really happy Iris is getting her own storyline outside of Barry and Eddie. Look at her demanding an answer from Wells during the press conference.

* Dr. Wells, you have failed this city! (and don't tell me that wasn't a deliberate Arrow reference )

* Caitlin and Cisco are cute. I'm starting to get the impression Cisco has a bit of a crush on her... but I could be wrong.

* Really liking the Pied Piper. If he joins the Rogues, he'll give Captain Cold a run for his money in the 'brains of the operations' department.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am not sure if Cisco is getting a crush, I think he probably sees her as a sister. Who knows

It might be that Wells powers have limits.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 01-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I'm guessing Eddie will find that photo soon. They just had to frame it so that someone can find it.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it is in Star Labs, and Eddie has only been there once.

Since Eddie is doing the research on Wells, I highly doubt Joe will find out any information.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
Well it is in Star Labs, and Eddie has only been there once.

Since Eddie is doing the research on Wells, I highly doubt Joe will find out any information.
I think Eddie's investigations will lead him to Star Labs.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Dr. Wells, you have failed this city! (and don't tell me that wasn't a deliberate Arrow reference
It totally was.

I don't think Cisco has a crush...at least I hope he doesn't...I prefer my Team Flash to be 100% platonic

Quote:
Since Eddie is doing the research on Wells, I highly doubt Joe will find out any information
I disagree...I think Eddie will be on a hot path and relay all info to Joe
Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Eddie's investigations will lead him to Star Labs.
It will have to, but how will he get in there? They aren't just going to allow him to go in there like Joe does. Wells wouldn't allow it, unless he is ready to show Eddie things.

Quote:
I disagree...I think Eddie will be on a hot path and relay all info to Joe
I guess I should have said a lot of information

He will relay the info,until we find out his true identity.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

I missed the first half,but I liked it. I couldn't recognize what language Wells was using. I really liked seeing Roger Howard on primetime. He always plays that role well and he cracked me up. Seeing RF weak made my night.

It's nice that Iris and Barry got past the awkwardness,but it should have taken longer. I mean, this is a woman he's loved since grade school. How is he able to act like everything is fine? I'm excited about Linda Park,though. I feel sorry for her since it looks like he's humping and dumping her,but now my virgin question got answered.

I liked Caitlin and Cisco's responses to being lied to. This new villain was awesome and I like how fast things are moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
* Awww, Barry and Iris are all hugging and supportive of each other again. Glad the awkwardness didn't carry on past last episode.

* Cisco needs to wear a ponytail more often

* So, Dr. Wells' speedster powers have a limit and need a recharge. Does that mean he really IS paralyzed and the tachyon thing is the only thing that allows him to walk? Because he just seemed to collapse in the hallway while trying to run, and he looked like he was in pain and couldn't move (this was prior to anyone else showing up in the hallway).

* I'm really happy Iris is getting her own storyline outside of Barry and Eddie. Look at her demanding an answer from Wells during the press conference.

* Dr. Wells, you have failed this city! (and don't tell me that wasn't a deliberate Arrow reference )

* Caitlin and Cisco are cute. I'm starting to get the impression Cisco has a bit of a crush on her... but I could be wrong.

* Really liking the Pied Piper. If he joins the Rogues, he'll give Captain Cold a run for his money in the 'brains of the operations' department.
I don't mind if Cisco has a crush,but she probably sees him as a brother. Then again, I'm Snowbarry&Snowstorm, so I guess I'm biased.

I did enjoy seeing her on her own,but I also laughed my ass off by her boss's behavior. It's not necessarily because I don't like Iris,it's just that Roger Howarth has a PhD in playing this kind of guy. I'll never be able to like her,but at least she's more than someone's love interest or kid. I'm not counting her friendship with Barry because his feelings overshadow things. No idea whether she'll get compared to Laurel this time,but oh well.

I love that Arrow reference and wish Oliver could help beat Wells up. The Piper is awesome and I like him best of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
It was a very good episode. Much better than last week's which was just done to showcase Heatwave and Captain Cold.

The king of lies (Joe) is at it again.
Nice Barry/Iris. I'm actually good with them staying friends like this through the rest of the season.
I really enjoyed this week's villain and loved how he called Barry a moron. I also enjoyed how Mason dissed Iris.
They need a bigger budget so they don't have to hold press conferences at the police station.
Liked the introduction of Iris the reporter.
Cisco/Caitlin is cute. Is he developing a crush?
Really? I thought Iris fans would be so pissed. The press conference amused me. Why did he ask Iris? Did he hope she'd ask a basic question and go soft on him or did he do it because Barry was around?

I liked him calling Barry a moron,too. Barry is adorable and all,but he has a puppy thing going on. He lacks guile and the things Oliver has that make him survive. Pied Piper can play the game and sees things more clearly. I'd love for Barry and Iris to stay good friends,but this is a bit unrealistic,imo.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 01-27-2015 at 09:16 PM
Old 01-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
It will have to, but how will he get in there? They aren't just going to allow him to go in there like Joe does. Wells wouldn't allow it, unless he is ready to show Eddie things.
Well, it's TV so they can always find a way. And there's still my head canon where Eddie is working for Wells hence the reason he found nothing in his home. lol. I will never get past this till the show proves me wrong. lol
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Pied piper was great. I find it interesting that the most intriguing/interesting villains aren't the metahumans. Just intelligent men with cool tech. Plays into the idea that Barry can't just rely on his powers. He needs to smarter and really think things through.

Continue to love Cisco. Of course.

Loving that Joe is still suspicious of Wells.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:46 AM
New Fan

I guess Wells' endgame is shown, or at least one possible endgame. That is to get Barry's speed up to his original one and somehow absorb his powers so that he doesn't rely on the Tachyonic thing. Though that still doesn't change the fact that Barry is still The Flash in 2025 (that was the right year right?) So I may not be right. Oh, well.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey so my friend and I do reviews for The Flash and I thought I would share it on here with you guys, if you would like to see it.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top