Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shade [3.06] - Episode Discussion [November 15th, 2016]

[3.06] SHADE
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ WALLY HAS VISIONS OF BEING KID FLASH ϟ
When Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) starts having dreams about being Kid Flash, Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes he has to tell Wally, Iris (Candice Patton) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) about what happened to Wally in Flashpoint in order to keep him safe.
JJ Makaro directed the episode written by Emily Silver & David Kob (#306).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 11-15-2016, 07:32 PM
Total Fan

- Joe’s got a date! Good boy, Joe!

- I was waiting for someone to mention that Wells is supposed to be a murderer on Earth Prime. About time.

- Julian, stop being a jerk. Barry is trying to be friends.

Dear show: Please don’t let Julian be Alchemy. Please let the whole "Julian didn't show up for work" thing be a red herring. I'm kind of sick of every Big Bad being someone who betrayed Barry.

- Caitlin finally told Cisco about her powers. Yay. Loving the friendship between these two.

Aside from the awesomeness of seeing Cisco in his full Vibe costume, why did Cisco Vibe so far into the future? I mean, I know he can Vibe a few hours into the future, but the thing with Caitlin seemed like a few months. Did I miss something? (And also, why isn't Team Flash using this power more often? They could stop some of the Big Bads before they kill off more of Barry's family members).

Barry: Hey Cisco -- can you Vibe me and tell me if anyone else I love is going to die so we can figure out how to stop it from happening?

- If Caitlin does go full Killer Frost, will Cisco be the one to pull her back or --plot-twist-- is Cisco is the evil one, and Caitlin is trying to stop him? On a side note: Yes, Barry. This is totally your fault.

- Poor Iris thinks she has nothing to offer Barry when she’s hanging out at STAR Labs.. but dear Iris, you DO have something to offer. You can show Barry how to throw a proper punch. He really needs help with that.

Hopefully Iris will realize that she can be a lot of help by using her awesome kick-ass reporter skills to track down meta-humans and figure out who they are and what their deal is.

- Wait… did HR just imply Gorilla City is on Earth 19? So the place they banished Grodd too wasn’t Earth 2?

- Why can’t Barry out-run Alchemy’s Rock-of-Doom? I mean, the guy made a big show about aiming it at him. You'd think Barry would be like "Oh crap, he's gonna hit me with the Rock-of-Doom. I should maybe get out of the way... since I'm super fast and can totally outrun the energy output from that thing."

Just sayin'...

- Savitar looks cool (and also looks like some super expensive CG).

Last edited by Elektra; 11-15-2016 at 08:06 PM
Old 11-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Dear show: Please don’t let Julian be Alchemy. Please let the whole "Julian didn't show up for work" thing be a red herring. I'm kind of sick of every Big Bad being someone who betrayed Barry.
He can be Savitar Anyway, I agree with you. Let's hope Julian is just a snarky coworker

I think the episode as a whole could have been better but the last scenes in Alchemy's lair were simply fantastic

So much for these highly anticipated Wally/Iris moments...Iris was barely in the episode!

What triggered Caitlin's powers? Can they at least answer this question? This just looks so random! It's already bad enough that they're doing a Killer Frost arc without Firestorm but they could at least have planned it better. She got the meta gene from the PA explosion and one day her powers started manifesting all of a sudden. Meh And why should she become evil when it wasn't even implied that she craves the heat?

I liked Cecile and the Joe/Wally scenes

The villain of the week was boring
Old 11-16-2016, 06:39 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)

What triggered Caitlin's powers? Can they at least answer this question? This just looks so random! It's already bad enough that they're doing a Killer Frost arc without Firestorm but they could at least have planned it better.
Well, Cisco's powers started manifesting the first time Barry ran back in time, so I guess Flashpoint triggered Caitlin's powers too.

Quote:
The villain of the week was boring
I wish they had at least given us some background information on him. Who was he? They didn't even bother to explain why 1) he attacked the stock broker 2) he attacked the movie.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Well, Cisco's powers started manifesting the first time Barry ran back in time, so I guess Flashpoint triggered Caitlin's powers too.
But Cisco's powers are deeply connected with alternate realities. It's not the same with Caitlin. I don't remember S1 very well but I have a vague memory that in the new timeline Barry created something specific happened that made Cisco "remember" his death. I need to rewatch that episode...

With Caitlin I was hoping they would have tied her transformation to a specific event. Instead Barry changes the timeline and we have to assume that that gave her powers randomly. But then the same happened with E-2 Killer Frost. She woke up one day with ice powers. No further explanations needed. I guess I expected too much
Old 11-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
With Caitlin I was hoping they would have tied her transformation to a specific event. Instead Barry changes the timeline and we have to assume that that gave her powers randomly. But then the same happened with E-2 Killer Frost. She woke up one day with ice powers. No further explanations needed. I guess I expected too much
I too was disappointed that it was triggered because of Flashpoint and not something else - like maybe getting kidnapped and psychologically tortured by ZOOM (which would have made way more sense). Oh well...
Old 11-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

The end scene with Alchemy reminded me of Voldemort and death eaters.

I didn't know about Savitar, this is why I need to read Flash comics.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

I put some distance to some things and now I can say I actually liked this episode.

Being a fan of Transformers the Savitar kind of blew my mind.... They made him look so cool!

Re C and her powers, she said she's been having them for few months which is before Barry came from the FP, right? I mean it's been said in 305 that it's been only 2 weeks since FP.

All this "OMG where is Julian when we go on Alchemy hunt" was totally to let us think he is Alchemy so he can't be him now, can he?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
Re C and her powers, she said she's been having them for few months which is before Barry came from the FP, right? I mean it's been said in 305 that it's been only 2 weeks since FP.
Dante died a few months prior to Barry returning from FP too, and Iris's estrangement from her dad would have been back when she first found out about Francine.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Just because Caitlin is turning into Killer Frost does not mean she has to be evil. She has her friends to help her
Old 11-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

This ep, unfortunately, had too much going on at the same time.

While I thought that this was gonna be a Wally-centric ep, it had equal parts of Caitlyn's story; they (the writers) shouldn't have done that. There was too little time to effectively flesh those stories out. There was way too much HR (though his "cuffs" remark was funny); is there really a need for him? The VOTW was lame, even though I know he was a distraction for the team. And speaking of team, there are too many ppl in this cast. As you can see, I'm catching on to a theme here. Barry doesn't need a team, these characters are extraneous & in the long run are gonna be pretty useless. I know this isn't the comics, but did Barry even know Vibe, or Killer Frost?? I do like Cisco, which is kind of a catch-22 for me. On a side note: what exactly is Julian's deal? He HAS to be in cahoots (if not actually being) w/Alchemy or Savitar. And why does Savitar look like Megatron? All in all, there was too much crammed into this ep. Joecile was nice, but they weren't given much screentime and neither was WA. Take off some of HR's scenes, & leave it to relevant characters.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Total Fan

^ I think (Doctor) Alchemy is more the rock aka the Philosopher's Stone (which is always tied to alchemy if anyone has watched/read Full Metal Alchemist ) taking control of a person, so it could be Julian (I hope not), someone else... or many someones, depending if the stone hops from person to person.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Killer Frost v Vibe vision is going to turn out to be just training, isn't it?

Also Julian is being set up way too hard to be actually connected to the villains right now. I reckon we're going to see him go the Ray Palmer route, especially after the "frustrated he didn't get powers" talk from the previous week.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top