Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Run, Iris, Run [4.16] - Episode Discussion [March 13th, 2018]

[4.16] RUN, IRIS, RUN
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ IRIS SUITS UP ϟ
Team Flash confront a new bus meta, Matthew AKA Melting Pot (guest star Leonardo Nam), who has the ability to swap people’s DNA. During a battle with Team Flash, Matthew accidentally takes Barry’s (Grant Gustin) speed away and gives it to Iris (Candice Patton). Now, with a new threat unleashed on Central City, Barry must act as the team leader while Iris takes on the mantle of superhero speedster in order to defeat their new foe.
Harry Jierjian directed the episode written by Eric Wallace (#416).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 03-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited.

Thanks for the thread!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Total Fan

- Oh look, Ralph is being selfish... because we haven’t had that story already

- Ralph: You don’t know how dangerous it is out there for me
Me: Well, considering a messed up future time remnant of her husband tried to kill her, I think she has an idea.

- Cisco’s worried that Harry is going to turn into Doc Ock. Understandable.

- Unrelated … but I love Cisco’s TGIF shirt with Jason on it.

- Why didn’t Cisco and Frost help with the fire instead of just watching until Iris got hurt?

- Ralph this episode: *whine whine whine* Protect me. I’m more important than everyone else *whine whine whine*. Even though you’ve been training me, I can’t be bothered to do anything to help myself or the other bus metas *whine whine whine*

I'm tired of Ralph’s constant flip-flopping. Either s**t or get off the pot, Ralph.

- So… again – why didn’t Frost help Iris out with the Karofsky (or whatever his name was on this show) fire?

- Barry with the pep-talk for once.

- Yay, Matthew is sticking around. I already like him better than Ralph.

- We got to see Iris and Barry at their loft! We haven’t seen it in a while.

- Iris is writing her blog again! Hopefully they’ll incorporate her journalism into the main story rather than the side note it’s been so far. We need to see her actually investigating stuff on a regular basis, not just a 30 second scene here and there.

- So… is Matthew going to take DeVoe’s powers and give them to Harry at the end of the season? That could be an interesting set-up for Season 5 *cough*Evil!Harry*cough*

- It was great seeing Iris as a speedster for an episode. Good stuff!

Last edited by Elektra; 03-14-2018 at 02:53 AM
Old 03-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Is it possible that this show will get rid of Ralph Dibney before this season is over?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Let me start off w/the negative first...

I've NEVER liked Ralph. In fact, I despise him. And after last night's ep, he needs to go away permanently. He was a total. a$$. to Iris. What kind of gall? W/his whiny "I'm gonna go hide in the basement 'til this is over" a$$, he had the nerve to judge Iris? And why did she apologize to him? That should've been the other way around. If DeVoe wants his body so bad, come. and. take. him. NOW. He doesn't bring anything to the show; like I said before, he drags it down. He was the sore spot in an otherwise great ep. Plus he doesn't wear underwear?[/]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76
Is it possible that this show will get rid of Ralph Dibney before this season is over?
One can only hope...

Now, on to the good stuff...

Cisco saving Iris FTW!

I hope that since Harry made this "thinking cap" that all of the info he's acquired won't go to his head (I know, bad pun!). It'd just be another retread of evil!Wells, & we've already been down that road, before...

Iris being a speedster...LOVED IT. And SO glad to get her POV for once. Seeing WA have a role reversal was interesting. Now they know what the other is feeling when the emergency alarm sounds. At first, Barry was a little reluctant to be on board w/Iris' speed, but he came around & was 100% supportive. I like that he was the one giving a pep talk for a change. Hearing him say "run, Iris, run" was paralleled so nicely w/her "run, Barry, run". Genuinely the best OTP. And we finally got to see the loft again. It seems to have been ages ago!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Same. I hated that in her episode she had to deal with this random Mr Nobody from nowhere trying it. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Watching her as a Speedster was fantastic. Love that it led us to her passion for journalism. When she turned that screen and showed Barry her blog - it was a throwback that was heartwarming.

I just wish we could've have substituted all Ralph scenes with Joe scenes. He needs to go by the end of the season or else.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

The purple lightning is my favorite . Candice owned it all, as expected. Iris' journalism is finally back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Hartley's contract has an option for him to return as a regular for season 5. That's all we know.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww Cisco not wanting to help Harry Cisco really cares for Harry and doesn't want him to die - do every relation that Cisco has with the Wells

Ralph actually was right when he did his little spat about Iris being team leader and being all save in the lab reason though cause all the others have powers|meta or trained to actually look after themselves. Harry|Joe - so it was an interesting comment at the same time, where going with her father should have been just simple

Iris speedster for the episode

Harry immiating Cisco that's not what I sound like"

Would think that Cisco would want to help Harry to keep him safe

the purple that Iris gives off though

Kinda like the arc of Barry losing his powers and learning to just sit it out

Gonna finish the episode later cause gonna laydown for a nap like I do daily almost

There's 16 minutes left and I can already see the answer as Cailtin says she probably can't reversal it

Just have this meta touch Iris and touch Flash boom Barry has his powers back

Last edited by crash landing; 10-12-2018 at 09:02 AM
Old 10-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Ralph actually was right when he did his little spat about Iris being team leader and being all save in the lab
He wasn't right. Iris risked her life in the premiere when she had the Samuroid kidnap her.

Ralph wasn't there to witness it but he was there when he had his crisis in 4x11 and Iris was all ready to go save Cisco and Caitlin with her big gun.

She was also out in the field in the following episode when she and Harry went after the meta that shrinked Ralph and Cisco. The writing justified Ralph because Iris herself admitted that she had been afraid to leave the comfort of STAR Labs after Savitar and all that but it was somewhat forced considering her attitude in the previous episodes.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ralph was partly right with it when needed she is out in the field but majority of the time it seems she was in the safety of STAR labs - so its not much of a "stretch" Ralph's comment in the heat of the moment
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top