Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Reverse Flash Returns [2.11] - Episode Discussion [January 26th, 2016]

[2.11] THE REVERSE FLASH RETURNS
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ HE’S BACK ϟ
When Cisco (Carlos Valdes) gets a vibe of Eobard Thawne (guest star Matthew Letscher), Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team don’t believe it. But, after an attack at Mercury Labs, Christina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays) confirms that the Reverse Flash is back. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) and Francine (guest star Vanessa A. Williams) share a nice moment that brings Iris closer to her brother, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale).
Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#211).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 01-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Already shipping Reverse McGee .

Kidding .

TFTNT!

#ByePatricia
Old 01-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Total Fan

- Guess Eobard doesn't care if people see his face.

Glad that they used his comic book origin for why he hates the Flash (obsessed fan)… but why did Barry tell Eobard that he killed his mother? He wasn't supposed to know that yet... although, I guess if this is RF's origin story, that may explain why Eo killed Nora - he knew he wasn't going to be able to kill Barry, and killing Nora was supposed to happen.

Also… was I the only one waiting for Eddie to come back through the portal they opened?

- The Wests are making me misty-eyed tonight. More Wally/Iris please!

- Yay! The Vibe goggles make another appearance… and now Cisco can Vibe on command! Love it.

Unfortunately, any attempt to change a fixed point in the time line is going to mess with his health now. That may be why Future!Flash stopped Barry from preventing Nora's death - he would have killed Cisco if he had messed with it.

- Is JAY'S DOPPLEGANGER ZOOM?! I had hypothesized that Jay was Zoom a while back. Maybe I was close

- Bye Felicia Patty.

And Barry -- NOW you blur your face? When she's already figured it out? Should have done that all the times "The Flash" interacted with her before.

Last edited by Elektra; 01-26-2016 at 09:08 PM
Old 01-27-2016, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

- okay hahahahahaha, wells and cisco. cisco: oooh is ee you didnt have your cofee this morning. WElls: i did have my coffee this morning. cisco: slurps in the coffe. Wells: dont *slurps: doooont *slurps: omg how hilarious was that hahahahahhahahah!! Im still laughing after 5 minutes!!!!

- haha cisco saying you have to stop it or it will take down a city block. barry: thank you, thank you for that - oooh eobard wanting to know what timezone barry is from, hmmmm...

- aah caitlin also doubting wells understandable.
- awww barrya nd patty scene he is so sad

- awwww joe went to see francine she doesnt have much time

- oooh gosh cisco being afraid to go to the time vault him sneaking and syaing: hellooo, helloooo sorry but its hilarious"
-hahahahahahahahahahahahah ciscos scream
-ooh snap cisco vibing and getting reverse flash OOOH SNAP!!!

- what bomb to throw at barry, that he will die soon

- ah finding jay e1 doubleganger to save e2jay, hmm wonder if it works
-ooh joe and iris on the hospital damn im crying soo much oh gohsh iris and joe hugging

- aww barry saying to patty that he is used to people he loves leaving him, and her saying u never told me u love me

cisco. being in full on vibe mode

- omg cisco can see the future SAY WHAT NOW!!!!!!! AWESOME!! haha cisco : im gonna name that gargols now!

- ooh patty confronting joe about barry and saying he is the flash
haha joe saying barry warbles when he runs

- aww iris talking to wally refering to eddie omg!
- ooh snap barry doing so reverse flash cant get home

- why did ciscos nose bleed?

- ooh caitlin being all sad not want to loose a guy again she cares about. hmmm,,,

- aww i kind of feel sorry for patty

- OMG CISCO!! CIIISCOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nononononononon!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the heck! OMG OMG !!!!! this is tooooo crazy!!!!!!!!!!! what the heck dude! damn! aarggh i cant cope with this, him almost being erased

- awwww joe saying thats my boy

- omg patty lying to barry to get him to come awww! it was a nice farewell i think
Old 01-27-2016, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm finally enjoying the show like I used to again. Amazing episode ! We finally got rid of Batty and Patty is gone . Nothing against Shantel, but Batty was atrocious and Patty didn't work. That train scene was even cute, I'll give it that, but let's leave it is now, she's gone and I hope she finds happiness elsewhere. #ByePatricia

Now to the good stuff! My baby Candice Patton , she totally owned this episode! We could still use more Iris, but at east this time I can see why she wasn't doing more. I've been expecting a scene about Iris talking about the loss of Eddie and we finally got it. I couldn't believe my eyes ! I definitely don't think he was her world, but oh my God, Iris opened up about it! Yes! And the scene with Francine? I'm floored . That was so emotional, then the hug with Joe. I'm so happy right now. Proud of being a fan of such a great character and such an outstanding actress. I felt everything, Candice. It's real.

E-1 Jay is Zolomon? I wasn't expecting that. Let the speculation begin. By the way, I really liked Jay and Caitlin this time. They still have that grandma/grandpa kind of chemistry/relationship, but it's kinda cute . Jay is finally getting more to due and just want him to get his damn speed back already.

Nice Barry and Caitlin friendship moments, I had missed them being supportive of each other. And Caitlin was very sweet overall this episode. Danielle is a cutie.

Cisco/Harry is the best bromance that I didn't even know that I needed .

The Reverse Flash stuff was great and I really hope he comes back soon, he's by far the best villain this show ever had (Zoom is scary, nothing more) and there's so much to be explored when it comes to his dynamic with Barry. I can't wait! I liked how they explained how he's alive and all the time-travely ramifications that might come out of it. More of this, please! How dare you try to kill Christina Fqing McGee, though? She's boss.

Nice progress, Wally! I can't wait for more scenes with Iris. West family .
Old 01-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Supreme Fan

E1 Jay is Hunter Zolomon I was spoiled but that was nice

Loved everything with Cisco and Harry, they have great banter

The RF stuff was very good, so were the Iris's scenes with her family. No Francine/Iris/Wally scene? Come on, show!

I don't get why they have to be so melodramatic when it comes the relationships stuff. Iris loved Eddie, she would have married him had she got that chance but he wasn't "her world". When the world was ending she was kissing someone else. Eddie who? But I just have to accept that everything concerning Eddie/Iris was retconned

Patty managed to SUCK from the beginning till the end. Congrats What was the point of that stunt she pulled at the end? Barry's own Felicity leaves like the original Felicity...with a goodbye on a train #ByePatty #YouWon'tBeMissed

The Barry/Patty relationship stuff interrupted the flow of the episode, which was very good for the most part. She broke up with him because she wasn't satisfied and wanted to move on. She blew him off before he could be honest with her but then decided to keep nagging him until he told her the truth? If Barry really loved her he would have found a way to make the relationship work. She was practically begging him and I call bs on Barry letting her go to protect her from Zoom.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Where to start...

First of all...PATTY IS GONE!!!! FINALLY!!!!! (Sorry, had to get that off of my chest.) She had the longest good-bye I've seen of anyone, & her whiny a** was all up in this episode, taking valuable time away from Iris, Francine & Wally. She didn't know Barry long enough to demand all that she was demanding, but Iris when she "demanded" things from Barry, she got all kinds of crap thrown at her, but "Patty Precious" doesn't get the same contempt. And her tactic at the end? Barry should be thanking his lucky stars that he doesn't have to put up w/her bs anymore. I mean, almost outing him on that train? WTH?? I could NOT contain my excitement that she was gone (AJK said that was her last episode), & hopefully she'll never show her whiny, manipulative face again.

Now on to better things...Cisco was just as droll as usual; love him to pieces.
Jay's e1 doppelganger is Hunter Zolomon????? Is this a red herring??
As stated above, the West family drama was cut to an unacceptable minimum. I would've loved to see more of it. Also, Barry never tried to meet his BFF's mom?
Also, we got a chance to see the Reverse-Flash's origin story; now it makes more sense to me.

Now I gotta go find the promo for next week's episode...that looks pretty interesting!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
No Francine/Iris/Wally scene? Come on, show!
I know, right? They better give us one. What was the point of the whole getting everyone together?

Quote:
When the world was ending she was kissing someone else.

Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)
First of all...PATTY IS GONE!!!! FINALLY!!!!! (Sorry, had to get that off of my chest.)
Let it all out, you're not the only one !

Quote:
As stated above, the West family drama was cut to an unacceptable minimum. I would've loved to see more of it. Also, Barry never tried to meet his BFF's mom?
Definitely. I was happy we got any focus on them, but there should be more. I don't get why Barry wasn't there as well.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)

Definitely. I was happy we got any focus on them, but there should be more. I don't get why Barry wasn't there as well.
I think Barry had a lot going on in this episode already (Patty leaving, RF coming back). He was a bit of an emotional mess himself.

I actually preferred that it was strictly West family stuff with Francine, actually.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Reverse Flash returns!! I loved the episode.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I actually preferred that it was strictly West family stuff with Francine, actually.
good point
Old 02-02-2016, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I think Barry had a lot going on in this episode already (Patty leaving, RF coming back). He was a bit of an emotional mess himself.

True, I'll give him that . Earlier this season, though, I think he could have been there for them more often instead of being stuck with Patty.

But yeah, silver lining is that the Wests got their time to shine.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Extreme Fan

That moment when Eobard Thawne met Harrison Wells 2.0 was really creepy. I wonder if this moment gave him the idea to murder Harrison Wells 1.0 and take his place?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top