Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wrote this to Johnnie and Rae... Johnnie likes everything in SPs even after a few days

Johnnie/ Rae
Flash Ending --Flashpoint Comic and cartoon story

Spoiler:

No... I don't think they will do any of this stuff in the Series...but you never know .. but you never know
Old 05-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Barry actually was / is responsible. because of going back to save his mom though. RF mocks him and berates him for doing it though
Old 05-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Loyal Fan

well, they can't do any of the JL stuff because they don't have those characters, obviously.

so what they have to do is change what the deal is on the show, which means everything Barry knows as his life is upside down and much worse.

in theory, this could bring him back to the present day absolutely thrilled to get everything back to what it was, give him kind of a George Bailey moment. my hope would be that is the thing that changes his attitude and makes him hopeful, happy and optimistic again, even with his dad's death (because he saw much worse in the alt. timeline).

if they can do it like that, it would work to make the show fun and lighthearted again too.

i don't know what they're going to do about his powers though. he's not supposed to be the Flash yet in the new timeline, so he'll have to get them back again, but we literally JUST did this storyline with the Kevin Smith episode.

i guess they're going to have to redo it once more, somehow.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for all the comic information, you guys. I am a newbie when it comes to comics. I started reading over the past year and haven't gotten to The Flash yet.

Very interesting stuff.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:00 PM
Total Fan

For anyone who watches Legends of Tomorrow, they've been pushing this "If time wants it to happen, it'll happen". The best example of that is Rip Hunter trying to save his family over and over again, and failing every time.

So either The Flash does some sort of watered-down version of Flashpoint (since they can't use the JL characters), or something else kills Nora even after Barry saves her.

Also, there's still that OTHER Barry that told Season 1!Barry not to save Nora. I have a feeling that Barry will be the Barry that exists after Season 2-3!Barry comes to terms with the fact his mother has to die for the world to be right again.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

I enjoed this ending im interested to see what next season would bring i just hope they write ut well
Old 06-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I just watched the finale and I hate that Barry went back in time again. I know he wanted to save his mother, and supposedly did, for now. We all know it won't last. (Haven't read the comics. But what's a Superhero without a tragic backstory?)

Anyway, I just know that him going back to save his mother, is going to screw things up even more. Now I'm curious to see what kind of mess Barry will be in next season.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Total Fan

I think it would be interesting if it turns out in the "new" Flash-verse, Barry has everything he wants (parents are alive, Iris is his girlfriend/wife), but the rest of the world is in bad shape and he has to make the ultimate superhero sacrifice: Give up everything to save the world (ie: change the timeline back).
Old 06-30-2016, 08:41 AM
Passionate Fan

I kind of feel like if he keeps going back and forth, it's a waste of time. He just needs to choose one or the other. As a Superhero, he's not going to get everything he wants.

Well, unless Barry goes back to Earth-2. But then again, does Barry's going back in time on Earth-1, affect Earth-2? I don't remember if that was ever explained.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Total Fan

Since the corporate shakeup at WB is now opening the door for Superman to show up in Supergirl, maybe they can use the Justice League characters for Flashpoint after all.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top