Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

@bonnie51:

I get what you're saying...but does anybody have the patience to have this arc last an entire season? If this situation is exactly (well...kind of) like the comics, than not only is TF affected, so is Arrow, LOT & Supergirl. Since SG is on E3(?) , then maybe this paradox is supposed to work in her favor, to get her onboard w/the other shows. (I'm grasping @straws right now). All I know, is that the writers better get back to the timeline that I invested two whole years in.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Total Fan

For those that are unfamiliar with Flashpoint, there's an animated movie. Check it out over the summer.

Aside from that, here's my attempt to explain it based on my very bad memory . Spoilers maybe? I don't know how close the show will stick to it):

Spoiler:
Old 05-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

honestly? I don't know right now if I love the fact they were gutsy enough to do it more than I hate the fact that they did it.

I'm a mix / mess right now.

it feels wrong, rushed and sudden to do it right now. it tacks back some of 2x21 where he comes to term with his mom's death, takes away the seasonal arc of Cisco getting powers, the especially 2nd half arc of WA moving towards a romantic union, etc... and just feels rushed IMO. I figured they would doit at some point, but I was thinking heading into Season 4, maybe 5, etc.

on the other hand... Flash Point was insane but in a largely good way comically speaking. so it would be interesting to see. and it does give them creative freedoms - to a point at least - with the characters that they might have felt they didn't have otherwise?

but if that's the case then I'd argue that it was the case of bad writing and spacing and timing and etc. and while in theory you can do new things with characters you might have been hesitant to do otherwise - unless the writing, spacing, character development arc outside of Barry's, etc. improves - I don't think it will matter that much. sure, they might have gotten themselves out of a box so to speak across the canvass but unless the writing improves... they're going to end up in a different or the same one with the lack of character arc, payoffs, etc. its not good IMO to just hit the reset button or use it as a "get out of jail free card" kind of thing. i don't feel like the story totally earned Flash point, if that makes sense. sure, there were hints and clues to it all season long but from a story telling point I don't think it did payoff enough of what it did in Seasons One and Two to earn it yet.and to that point I do have some concern for how do they Flash Point moving forward because whose to say they might not do the same thing there - have a season where X happens - but then he gets to new 52 / back to where season 2 was - and now X- really doesn't matter anymore but now Season 1 and 2 do? I just... that's kind of odd to me and I hope they have given it more thought than that.

so I'm on the fence. i need to read some interviews by Berlanti, AK, etc... and get some more info on what the overall vision is / or as much as they are willing to say right now at least. because something like this is either going to work and ratings are going to be like the E-2 episodes or around that - or its going to suck majorly. I don't think there is much middle ground. but that's just me.

^^

more or less. a couple points from my own bad memory

Spoiler:

but this was hinted at all season so I guess I might have a tiny bit of optimism:

- Snart being mayor
- Iris being married to a co-worker (what was that guys name again, Steve? In the comics it was John but her boss at CCPN.... Steve...drawing a blank here. was that failed attempt at a LI some kind of reference there along with Eddie from S1?
- Zoom pretending to be a hero but really being a villain = Citizen Cold
- Wells line about Barry remembering what things were like before time changed but no one else remembering

and I mean, we have seen a large number of the characters in one universe or the other:

Hawk-girl, Huntress, RF, King Shark, Captain / Citizen Cold, Lisa, Heat Wave, Grodd, Tar Pit, Weather Wizard, Trixter, Atom, Brother Blood, Waller, Jay, etc.

Last edited by bonnie51; 05-25-2016 at 09:18 AM
Old 05-25-2016, 09:44 AM
New Fan

I like the ide of flashpoint. If done correctly a whole season would be exciting.

The one thing I think may happen is that we may not return to the original story. There is no way that Barry will go back and change time twice and not have some fall out. If they do change the timeline I am looking forward to Flash rebirth and Iris becoming Impulse
Old 05-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

that could be interesting and you may well be right... right now, its just really hard to say what exactly they have in mind
Old 05-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Total Fan

You'd think AJK and the other EPs would be doing interviews about the Finale by now, but I haven't seen any yet (if there are some, please link me). Maybe something happens in Arrow tonight that they can't reveal yet?
Old 05-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

true. i was having a hard time finding much either..... and if it is connected at all to the Flash... then there's a big part of the answer. if not... the answer will probably have to wait till we get those interviews.

and I do wonder how long ago they knew that Supergirl might be coming to the CW... because its possible that was part of the thought process behind the finale if they knew in enough time to think about that.

not from the EP's but I have found some interviews - sounds like much of the cast either is being really coy or really doesn't know what all happens in S3

http://www.bustle.com/articles/16297...o-star-violett

http://www.inquisitr.com/3128753/the...-film-casting/

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/24...n-3-flashpoint

the EW was interesting in the sense it makes note of something some fans might not realize - Geoff Johns wrote Flash point so in that regard it might not be surprising they are doing it -

on a happy note, JWS is coming back for season 3? spinning his character out sounds vague and interesting at the same time lol

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ys-140387.html

Last edited by bonnie51; 05-25-2016 at 01:01 PM
Old 05-25-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched it yet, but I spoiled myself and I'm kinda disppointed in how the writers seem to be repeating themselves way too much. Zoom's storyline had too many similarities with the RF storyline and now the timeline got reset again. Bummer. I feel like the show holds back from reaching its full potential for no palpable reason. They have an unique premise, even for a comic book television show, and I can't help but thinking they're playing safe. This season had its moments, but it pales in comparison to a great first season.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

agree on the repeating... not sure 100% about playing it safe. yes, in parts perhaps but overall? Flash points pretty risky. sure, people loved it comically but doing it on screen right now? that's a risk IMO.

and sure, maybe they have more creative wiggle room... but unless the writing picks up, I'm not sure that was the problem with Season 2.

agree on Zoom / RF as well.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TV line http://tvline.com/2016/05/25/the-fla...in-flashpoint/
This really digs into the story just told and what story , that has been hinted at , will be season 3.
http://screenrant.com/flash-season-2...-3-flashpoint/

Did Last Night’s THE FLASH Finale Tease a Major Comic Book Event? | Nerdist Explain the Flashpoint Flash possible rift and what to do with the machine that Doom built . How they could merge the universes Supergirl LOT .
Did Barry going back save his mother change who he is . He won't have been taken in buy Joe or be hired as a crime tech . So he wouldn't be at the station upstairs during the explosion . So he won't become the Flash ..
As a new fan to the series , i enjoyed the season , a lot more then I did Arrow .
The huge revel of real jay Garrett who is his dad's doppelgänger , was a shock . I figured the man in the mask , his face had to be a big surprise somebody we knew . Henry was the last person I even thought of ..

There is a lot of talk of a major 4 night event next season . All 4 DC shows combine for a 4 ep arc . This Flash finale could very well be the start of this arc .
Arrow ended with the team / everyone leaving , Oliver becoming mayor.
LOT finale the team was back in 2016 but in the end went back with Rip .
Supergirl ending was to find Kara adopted father .

Last edited by Logan; 05-25-2016 at 08:27 PM
Old 05-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

it does signal that in part although the only thing about the cross over right now that doesn't add up is the fact that super girl is in a different UA with the said acceptance of aliens.

unless they're bringing the idea that there are aliens into the other universes... which as far as I know that has not happened yet... that's kind of interesting. the cross over worked on the flash with barry getting lost or whatever.

but that's an interesting concept on Arrow

Barry's going to be ask dark as we've seen him in Season 3

http://www.bustle.com/articles/16318...le-barry-allen

though apparently still optimistic? ok.

Last edited by bonnie51; 05-25-2016 at 07:56 PM
Old 05-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

I liked the finale episode overall. Barry is such a idiot but it was a well rounded episode.

Barry and Iris were beautiful.

Henry is Jay I'm stunned!

Wally and Barry

Barry saving his mom and messing everything up
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
^^

more or less. a couple points from my own bad memory

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I doubt we're going to see anything like that anyway (unless they use Robert Queen as a Flashpoint Green Arrow or something), since they're not allowed to use Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Aquaman as actual characters on the current CW shows. They can only use their names or (in Supergirl's case) vague blurry outlines of them.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler:
Old 05-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yea, my guess is any alt-timelines on Arrow etc will be handled on Flash.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top