Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nora [5.01] - Season Premiere Discussion [Oct 9th, 2018]

[5.01] NORA
ϟ SEASON PREMIERE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ GETTING RID OF EXCESS ϟ
After an unexpected guest from the future, Nora West-Allen (Jessica Parker Kennedy), appears at their home, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton,) must figure out how to get her back to the future without disrupting the timeline…even more than she already has. Team Flash must work together to send Nora back, while simultaneously fighting off another villainous meta.
David McWhirter directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Sam Chalsen (#501).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 10-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've posted about the premiere on social media communities

Facebook | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter

Feel Free to share where you've got an account
Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

I have the biggest smile on my face! I love the episode! Mom, dad, papa Joe, I love that he got that, and so on. Oh and Barry and Iris had a moment! One thing, come on Barry, it’s been at least four years, you should have known about the 2024 disappearance. Just saying.

Oh and I think most of us would have done what Nora did, if we had that was the only way we could have seen our dad.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Total Fan

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back with an awesome episode! An episode that made me full-on smile - which is something The Flash hasn't done in a while.

- Nora doing the opening voice over! Loved it.

- Cecile still has some of her powers. Hide, Joe! Hide!

- Drunk!Cisco is both hilarious and kinda sad.

- Barry is CSI-ing again! Yay!

- Nora used the term GRIFE. That’s a term the Legion of Superheroes usually uses! And she also referenced Lightning Lad!

In the comics, XS is in the Legion (although she's Barry/Iris' granddaughter, Jenni), therefore this all makes perfect sense (I guess Nora visits the 31st Century occasionally?)

Having said that - if Nora isn't hanging out with Brainiac-5 in the crossover, I will be greatly disappointed in the writers. I don't care if he's from a different Earth/Legion than her, it still has to happen.

- Poor Ralph. He’s a bit behind on this multi-verse/multiple timelines thing.

- Barry got his Flash Ring/Suit!

- “Why didn’t Thawne just have a vasectomy” Ralph was the voice of the fans this episode

- “Nora shouldn’t be here.” I was waiting for that.

- Why was Barry asking Nora what happened to him in the future when he’s had that newspaper article for the last four years? I mean... c'mon, Barry!

- I hope Iris gets to bond with Nora at some point. I don't want all this tension between them.

- Look! It’s a new set! YAY! I love how it was just randomly there... and has apparently been there since day one

- The show actually acknowledged that Ralph was on the list of names that died in the particle accelerator explosion back in Season 1! Good job throwing that in there, writers.

- I’ll be the first to admit The Flash lost its way a little in the previous season(s). If this episode is anything to go by – the show seems to be back on track! Hopefully the rest of the season will follow suit.

All in all, a fantastic season premiere!

Last edited by Elektra; 10-09-2018 at 09:19 PM
Old 10-10-2018, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Loved this episode!

Nora talking at the beginning and the end!
Ralph talking about the multiverse

Wally

I can't wait to see more of Barry/Iris/Nora together.

Cisco

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I think something's wrong with me because I actually liked Ralph

The Iris/Nora tension wasn't as bad as I expected. Nora is a bit cold but at the same time she doesn't want to disappoint her mom. I hope they keep exploring their dynamic, I loved the Jitters scene and Iris' eagerness to get to know her.

Barry/Nora was bittersweet. Barry must have thought his disappearance wasn't going to stick. I've always thought it was weird nobody cared about the headline but I actually bought Barry's shock and sadness in this episode. It's 25 years after the fact and it's still Iris West-Allen writing the article. Iris doesn't remarry (not that I was worried about that but...) I need scenes between Nora and the future version of Iris. What if Iris is still waiting for Barry to come back?

Joe seemed over everything but the scene with Nora was so cute. Papa Joe is so affectionate

I didn't miss Wells but I liked seeing my favorite version of Wells from s1 Why does Wally have to go?

Cisco was funny but I hope he doesn't mope for too long. It can get old, especially when he and Cynthia were apart for too long even before the break up.

Great team-up with the three speedsters. Loved the plane action scene.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I think something's wrong with me because I actually liked Ralph
There must be something wrong with both of us then, because I liked Ralph too . If this episode is anything to go by, his character has developed for the better since "he who shall not be named" left the show.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good start to the season , missing Harry , even though we had a flashback .
My Quick theory at the end, is that meta is the Flash who was lost in the future .
Flash Nora ,Wally’ was a very good scene .
I know I had seen Jessica Parker Kennedy from STARZ Black Sails , with a French accent and very TV MA Adult scenes ...
Cisco jelolus of the suit in the ring .
Kaitlin finding out her dad may be alive .
Old 10-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
There must be something wrong with both of us then, because I liked Ralph too . If this episode is anything to go by, his character has developed for the better since "he who shall not be named" left the show.

He was rather likable in this episode, wasn't he?

For me, those scenes between Iris and Nora were some of the most uncomfortable mother/daughter scenes I have ever seen on television. It seemed rather pathetic watching Iris trying to connect with Nora.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is probably my favorite season premiere of the show so far. What an amazing episode and season opener! Now this is the real Flash Reborn. It really feels like the beginning of a new era and I just realized I hadn't been truly invested in the show for quite some time. I hope the rest of the season lives up to the potential of this episode, because it feels like season 5 could be the best yet.

Nora should never leave and help her parents raise herself . It sounds crazy, but Nora is a precious cinnamon roll that must be protected at all costs and I don't want her to leave. I'm a long time JPK fan and I knew she wouldn't disappoint. Not only JPK and Nora are awesome, her dynamic with Barry/Iris and the other is so damn interesting and such a breath of fresh air that this show has been in long need of.

All the West-Allen family scenes were so moving, Barry and Iris, Barry and Nora, Iris and Nora, Barry/Iris/Nora, just give me more of all of them. I thought I wouldn't like the drama that was teased between Iris and Nora, but now that I've seen it and now that I know it's related to Barry going missing, I love it. You can see that they love each other but Barry's disappearance has certainly put a strain on their relationship. But Nora's fangirling over her dad, awww. Also Nora and Joe, Nora and Cisco, all precious.

Also worth mentioning:

- I think everyone got to shine, maybe not Cecile, but I'm okay with small doses of her.

- Ralph asking the right questions and mentioning Eddie's infamous vasectomy . I like Ralph!

- We all knew Caitlin's dad would show up at some point, but I'm really excited to find out how and why she was a meta before the particle accelerator exploded.

- I did not acipitate drunk Cisco and it was hilarious .

- Nora's voice-over .

- Why does Cicada want all metas dead?

- The thought of Barry disappearing for 25 years is so sad. I can't wait to find out more.

- The Barry/Wally/Nora teamup was awesome!

- I did not miss Harry, to be honest. I'm happy he's with Jesse. I don't really think we need another Wells.

- I really like Barry's new suit, even with no chin strap, oh, plus the ring!

I'm so happy to see the show bounce back this way and I literally can't wait for more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
I've posted about the premiere on social media communities

Facebook | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter

Feel Free to share where you've got an account
Thank you, Sarah !
Old 10-11-2018, 03:38 AM
Total Fan

I have a feeling Iris may have shut down emotionally when she lost Barry, which may be why Nora is a little offstandish with her. "Mom" probably threw herself into her work and got Papa Joe and Mama Cecile to take care of her most of the time.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

For any Canadian viewers Netflix will have the episodes Thursday where 5x01 is up
Old 10-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I have a feeling Iris may have shut down emotionally when she lost Barry, which may be why Nora is a little offstandish with her. "Mom" probably threw herself into her work and got Papa Joe and Mama Cecile to take care of her most of the time.
I have a feeling their distance is more recent. I wouldn't like it if Iris wasn't there for her child growing up.

I wonder what happens to Wally, Cisco, Caitlin and Ralph in the future. Nora wasn't thrilled with Caitlin the first time she met her and Harry ( or maybe her look was just for Harry? ) but she treated her like she did Cisco and Ralph this time around.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

First off, glad to be back!! The hiatus seemed way too long.

What I didn't like about the ep was KF. Not interested in her, & after 5 years, I don't see any reason why I should be. Still not sold on Ralph, either. He was tolerable, but maybe that was b/c he had little screentime. Gridlock was boring, & I'll pass judgment on Cicada until I see more of him. Now that I've gotten that out of the way...

Let me just say that this is how you do a season premiere!! IMHO, it ranks right up there w/Seasons 1 & 3 (which I feel are the best).

West-Allen family feels FTW!! They are the heart & soul of this show, & those are the better episodes. When they aren't prioritized, it shows.

Can I just say that Nora is absolutely adorable? The fact that she went back in time to get to know her dad, & possibly save him is both beautiful & heartbreaking. And look how quickly Barry & Iris acclimated to her; they really are gonna be the "best parents ever". I think that the "distance" between Iris & Nora is either due to Iris emotionally shutting down after losing Barry, or her prohibiting Nora from using her powers. Whichever the case, I hope it's rectified soon. Also, I felt bad for Barry when he realized that he wouldn't be there to see his child grow up. It seems fate is really dealing him a bad hand.

Flash Fam team-up FTW!! Seeing all three working together...I know Nora was beside herself knowing she was working alongside her dad & uncle!

The ending w/Barry taking Nora to get ice cream & asking Iris for permission I can't wait to see the three of them getting to know each other, & working & helping each other.

And Nora doing the voiceover on both the intro & outro? Perfection.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That was an outstanding premiere! I loved everything about it. I know this show still "gets me" when I press play and once the episode has concluded, I feel like... I just pressed play! It cruises by while I'm absorbing everything.

- I love Nora. She's everything and more. The actress who plays her couldn't be more spot on.
- I actually really liked Ralph in this episode. He has some comedy but it was not over the top. Figuring out Time Travel was fun and how helpful was he to Caitlin by figuring out the death certificate was fake? You could tell he had his PI skills circling inside his brain when he first talked to Caitlin. Glad he largely helped her out and now we can figure out where her father is because... he's not dead!
- Great seeing Wally again. Hope he visits off and on throughout the season.
- Time Travel... still love it. Wish Harry Potter would have done even more with Time Travel.
- Poor Iris. You could slowly see her heart breaking more and more. She senses her daughter has this distance from her. She's confused and scared. I hope whatever is going on is resolved soon.
- My theory is Iris might have completely broken down after losing Barry and it created tension and issues between them. That or maybe Iris prevented Nora from using her powers in some way. You can tell Nora was very happy to see her Grandparents. Maybe Joe largely played a role in Nora's life while Iris was paralyzed with grief? Or maybe Nora wanted to somehow fix things and prevent her father from going missing but her mom stopped her?
- I cried when Barry teared up after finding out he wasn't there for Nora's firsts. Their interaction hit me directly in the heart.
- Every WA scene was utter perfection.
- Oh and lastly... I LOVED when Barry taught Nora to Phase... his talk about Energy, absorbing it, entering the Energy as a Whole ... the definition of Spiritual.

I love this show.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top