Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Man Who Saved Central City [2.01] - Season Premiere Discussion [October 6th, 2015]

[2.01] THE MAN WHO SAVED CENTRAL CITY
ϟ SEASON PREMIERE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ BARRY DECIDES HE NEEDS TO PROTECT THE CITY ON HIS OWN ϟ
Picking up months after the Singularity attacked Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) is still struggling to forgive himself for Eddie’s death. Concerned about putting his friends in danger, Barry has pushed everyone away and has chosen to protect the city on his own. When a meta-human named Atom Smasher (guest star Adam Copeland) attacks the city, Iris (Candice Patton) tells Barry that he needs to let his friends help him protect the citizens of Central City. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) helps Joe (Jesse L. Martin) with his Meta Task Force.
Ralph Hemecker directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Gabrielle Stanton (#201).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes
Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hey everyone

I posted about the season premiere of The Flash on tumblr, Facebook, twitter and Livejournal. Feel free to share and spread the word!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Hey everyone

I posted about the season premiere of The Flash on tumblr, Facebook, twitter and Livejournal. Feel free to share and spread the word!
Thank you so much for spreading the word ! The more people discussing, the merrier !

IT'S TODAY, GUYS, HAPPY FLASH DAY ! The wait is over!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome! Can't wait for the premiere tonight! Thanks for the thread!
Old 10-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome !

It's almost time, enjoy the episode, everyone !
Old 10-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

No Ronnie.

I'm really hoping it just ends up that he's trapped in the other universe.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Flash Day!!!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Total Fan

Poor Ronnie. He's like the Rory Williams of The Flash (for those that watch Doctor Who). But I expect Ronnie got stuck in Jay's universe (Earth 2), and will come back to proper!Earth at some point.

FYI -- the CTV promo for the next episode was a bit different than the CW promo.

Spoiler:
Old 10-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Atom Smasher was a lame Villian. Besides that though it was a good episode. It mainly wrapped up stuff from the finale and then set up the vilian for this season.

Poor Ronnie. We all predicted his death and we were right. I still hope that maybe he's just trapped in another universe. I'll cross my fingers for that.

Wells confessed he killed Nora in a living will so to speak. So Henry is out of prison but not sticking around. That's sort of lame.

I think next weeks episode will be the better episode.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Flash Day and Wells' confession were about the best parts of the episode. I have to agree about Atom Smasher. He was just like Barry's old friend with the strong arm. Except stronger and bigger. The characters and their interactions/conversations were sweet though. It set the stage for some big things though, like Zoom. And intro of Jay!

Last edited by a fine mess; 10-06-2015 at 06:59 PM
Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 PM
New Fan

atom smasher was just a really obtuse character to me. it took me TOOOO long to figure him out, and the solution to defeat him was lame.

i liked the narrative of the post-singularity with everyone moving to do his own thing, but i could see cisco working with dr stein more than working with the police. in any case cisco +the ccpd looked like a laugh riot. too bad it didn't last. i also think they could have stretched the current circumstance for a few episodes before everyone getting back together again. would have made for better drama. iris glancing over at eddie's memorial picture made for good drama. am i the only one to think they could have run with this for more than just 3seconds???

in short, i think the 6month gap was too long. they could have started where they left off and built up the dissolution of the gang. the flash is a winner - there's no need to hurry the narrative along too fast.

Last edited by miltk; 10-07-2015 at 12:20 AM
Old 10-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I must have spoiled myself too much, or like always, my second viewing of an episode is always better, but this episode, although great, felt like a 40 minute sneak peek into the new season.

The producers are claiming that Ronnie is dead? I still think he got sucked into Earth-2. Plus:
Spoiler:

It was a nice surprise seeing Henry go free, and Harrisbard is so cynical . But to be honest, I don't buy Henry's excuse to leave CC. I literally rolled my eyes. Seriously? That bothered me and it sounded like a lame excuse.

The daydreaming opening sequence was amazing! It started out cool then it got so emotional. Eddie ! I wasn't expecting to see him.

Poor Iris and poor Caitlin, I felt really sorry for both of them and I hope we see them getting closer and bonding over the loss of Eddie and Ronnie. Caitlin opened her heart about Ronnie, but we're yet to see Iris opening up to someone about losing Eddie. The writers better not brush over this. I felt like she's clearly trying to be strong but it all fell apart when she saw his picture at CCPD.

Atom Smasher was okay, but was he really that dumb to fall for that trap?

Cisco just shined, funny as ever and I loved to see that glimpse at his powers (and Zoom!). Also, Cisco/Joe bromance FTW! Never stop being buddies. And he got Cisco a badge!

Stein is such a great addition to the team, I kind of want him to stay instead of joining Legends of Tomorrow .

My baby girl Iris also shined, being so strong, beautiful and determined . I never get enough of her and I wanted more scenes. Her scenes with Barry were amazing as always, and she really is the only one who can stand up to him.

So little of Jay, but next week should be awesome. Let's get into Earth-2 and Zoom already.

Oh, how is Tom still going to be a regular? No answer to our Earth-2 Harrison/Harrison from this earth is still alive theories.

The little Iris/Cisco and Iris/ Stein interactions were gold!

I liked the episode, but the decisions regarding Henry and Ronnie didn't convince me and they're bothering me. Other than that, it was a great premiere and setup season 2 episode sneak peek. I'm surprised at me because I'm always the calm one and I'm always willing to give things a chance, but I'm upset and maybe I had extremely high expectations for this episode. Great one, but definitely not one of my favorites.

I'll be really mad if Ronnie is dead for good. I like the character a lot and him and Caitlin can't catch a break. Are you serious? This is the third time they're separating them. Talk about wasted potential of a good character and a great couple.

Bring on 2.02 already!
Old 10-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Stein is such a great addition to the team, I kind of want him to stay instead of joining Legends of Tomorrow
I love Stein as well. Loved him last season love him now. I would love for him to stay on Flash. He's a lot of the reason I'm excited for Legends thiugh.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I love Stein as well. Loved him last season love him now. I would love for him to stay on Flash. He's a lot of the reason I'm excited for Legends thiugh.
Exactly. I'm interested in LoT because of him and Sara, but I wouldn't mind if he stayed in Central City helping the team .

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Joe/Barry flashback was great.

Also, Iris is starting to use her reporter skills to help, yay!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top