Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
It had nothing to do with Caitlin or any type of jealous. It's about Barry considering the choices that HE himself has made towards Didny and as his actions since he became The Flash. I don't get how anyone could come up with anything different when those words verbatim came out of Barry's mouth.

I know, but people have different views, I think you have to respect that, I say I did not see anything like that, but I do not judge or discredit anyone who thinks otherwise, especially in a thread dedicated to them.

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Loyal Fan

It's a romantic and friendshipper thread which some of you seem to forget. There's a difference of opinion like "they have amazing chemistry" and saying something happened which didn't.

After four years of this I should just let it go. Believe whatever you want. It's great you enjoyed the Snowbarry moments and the jealousy you saw.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
It's a romantic and friendshipper thread which some of you seem to forget. There's a difference of opinion like "they have amazing chemistry" and saying something happened which didn't.

After four years of this I should just let it go. Believe whatever you want. It's great you enjoyed the Snowbarry moments and the jealousy you saw.

I do not speak for myself, but I speak for the most sensitive people who can see in some comments an attack on her opinion, which for her is like a universal truth.

I in the season 1 I was Snowbarry shipper on the romantic side, but then in season 2 I turned Snowbarry on the friendship side, so I understand both sides.

So on this subject, I give my opinion, but respect whoever finds the opposite, because it is her vision and opinion.

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hm. Now this is an interesting conversation, though.

I've never been a romantic Snowbarry shipper, because I've never felt an iota of romantic chemistry or genuine interest between the characters (beyond 2-3 ship baiting moments strictly on Caitlin's side in S1). I've been a fan of their friendship at best - and even ambivalent about that the last two seasons, which is why I haven't posted in here in years.

So when I read claims that Barry was jealous, I dismissed them out of hand because the posts I saw were focused on a romantic jealousy and some other assertions that were frankly absurd about other relationships, as well. Those are off-topic so I won't go into them, but the overall tone made me interpret jealousy in a romantic sense that, like you, Starlingcity, I don't think was there.

And "jealousy" often does - but doesn't have to - denote romantic feelings.

I don't think Barry was jealous (in the way that word is often interpreted, to indicate romantic feelings) of Caitlin defending Dibney. And you're right, StarlingCity, that his issues with Dibney ultimately had everything to do with their history and his questioning his own actions since becoming the Flash.

But I also think that's a revelation he had during the course of the episode. I mean, if you'd asked him in minute one of the episode for his feelings on Dibney, I think he'd have honestly said he thought the guy was a jerk and a bad cop and that was it. Because he's probably not spent much time thinking about Dibney until this episode, let alone pondering his own actions as a reflection of Dibney's until it.

So Barry had that revelation at some point in this episode. When exactly is unclear. But whether it happened before the conversation gifed below (and he was upset with Caitlin for defending Dibney and thus Barry's own actions that he was struggling with) or it happened after (and he was upset with Caitlin for defending an asstwat he simply didn't like but hadn't yet analyzed fully why)...

He also clearly doesn't like that Caitlin would defend Dibney or, in a sense, "take his side." He says so in the gif below (well, once this is posted). "I don't understand why you're defending him!"

Romantic jealousy? No. I don't think so.

But was it just that he was conflicted over his own actions and thus projecting that conflict by being irritated with Caitlin for her wholehearted defense? Was there a little it of his dislike for Dibney being so great that he was irritated with her - as he would have been for ANYONE - for taking his side? Like when you get in a fight with your best friend and your mom takes her side and you're like "oh, REALLY? You're gonna side with HER over ME?" Even if you later realize you're in the wrong, you still expect YOUR friends to take YOUR side when you're all up in your feelings, whatever the reason for it. (And, for the record, when I watched the episode that's how I interpreted his behavior: that he was annoyed and upset that his friend would defend someone he so hated.)

So, yeah, it's true that Barry's issue with Dibney had everything to do with their history and his own soul-searching. And that wouldn't have changed, whether or not everybody agreed with Barry that "once a schmuck, always a schmuck" or if everybody had defended Dibney as "sometimes a schmuck can change."

But it's also true by his own words and tone that he didn't like that Caitlin (or anyone, it seemed) would defend Dibney or give him more a benefit of the doubt than Barry wanted to give. (Even if Barry's motives for not wanting to give him such a benefit of the doubt were because he didn't want to have to reflect upon and question the rightness of his own actions.) And whichever of Barry's friends had been standing in that spot, defending Dibney, I think Barry would have reacted the same way.

So, in that sense, while I'm not sure "jealous" is the precise word, if there was any of Barry not yet ready to accept the reasons for his animosity at that point in the episode and being irritated that one of HIS friends wouldn't just take HIS word and side that Dibney is a jerk...well, then "jealous" may not be the exact right word for that, but it's also not entirely the wrong one, either.

Of course, his dislike for Dibney at that point was such, I doubt he'd have liked a total stranger taking Dibney's side. But he probably would have just scoffed and rolled his eyes and walked away. It's just...more irritating when a friend defends someone you hate, whether or not you are (or even wonder if you are) justified in that hatred.

Anyway, an interesting conversation!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

I never said that, but it could lead to more. Anyway, if you are clearly not a shipper romantic or friendship, what exactly are you doing in a fan thread? To me that doesn't make sense more than what Barry meant, which indicated feelings of jealousy, it's a good debate. He didn't have to say "buddy" the way he did but he did. Can you explain why he confronted Caitlin like that? Whither it's romantic or not (this is a Snowbarry romantic shipper and friendship thread) remains to be seen. The writing on this show is not set in stone otherwise it would be too predictable. We Snowbarry shippers get almost no scenes. 4x04 was a blessing for most of us who lost hope even them as friends. That was actually the first time in a long time I have seen them even acknowledge each other in the same room. Their friendship has not been the same since Season 1 that is a fact. Funny how Snowbarry shippers are "wrong" even based on a barely two minute scene, these were our moments. This was a full legit Snowbarry interaction, on two occasions. As a shipper I often get abused for what I like in the show, and it's happening again. Where are you mods? I just want to talk to other shippers of both romance and friendship about Snowbarry. Why are you WestAllen shippers insisting on being in a thread you don't belong in? Please leave us alone.

Last edited by theflashgurl; 11-05-2017 at 01:50 PM
Old 12-13-2017, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

I'm a friendshipper of Snowbarry. I agree, I don't think they've had a real friendship since Season 1. So when it happens I enjoy it.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am a fan of romantic and friendship between them but I wish we had more moments of them at least as friends. They are my two favorite characters
Old 01-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Old 01-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I'm a friendshipper of Snowbarry. I agree, I don't think they've had a real friendship since Season 1. So when it happens I enjoy it.
Same here, agreed!

Thanks for the video .
Old 01-28-2018, 07:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Wish it would happen more often. It’s disappointing
Old 01-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise (View Post)
Great video! Miss them.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

The show really need to give some relationships some more time and development.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, Barry is close friends with Caitlin and Cisco, here's hoping they show more of them on the battle field.

This was birthed out of lack of Snowbarry scenes but now it's so much more. There is a hashtag on twitter called #BringBackTheOriginalTeamFlash and it's actually gaining ground, a lot of people, even non shippers are supporting it.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am in complete agreement.

-Lisa-
Old 02-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well that has to change. Hopefully from tomorrow's episode on.