Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kindred Spirits | Barry ❤ Caitlin #13: "...what you don’t realize, is that you need a little saving, too." - Caitlin to Barry

Snowbarry

Barry Allen & Caitlin Snow

Appreciation thread #12

Snowbarries
Shippers/Friendshippers
1. Sagittarius13
2. Subject87
3. snatches of sunshine
4. lisagslack14
5. Serenity
6. walking with spiders
7. Only dreaming
8. Wingster
9. B.Chambers
10. HaylijahღEndgame
11. Tell me a lie
12. Lovehurts38
13. DuVe2LoVe
14. Musicchild
15. Charlone
16. Brave princess
17. KarlaTheRomanticOne
18. Marymr22
19. Nici Dawson
20. apjrlmcd
21. Jade4813
22. Maud&Danny
23. Petrovafire
24. menzels
25. semmanclana
26. baelfire24
27. jade97
28. PunksWorldWide
29. Hot Rod
30. Liyah08
31. star-struck
32. Robsessed_MeesterManic
33. Summer Falls
34. Lempicka
35. Stand by me
36. Asleep
37. fire for a heart
38. ale-la-pazza1
39. shippercrazy
40. always protect you
41. CloisFan
42. gentle_giant
43. mercia12591
44. KeepThisaSecret
45. Nianfan1
46. era tots
47. frenchnut
48. roy2311
49. dark_red
50. hlgreenie
51. The Notebook
52. Sbujer0
53. MauderMaven
54. Jemistry
55. linhandrea
56. dragonfire
57. like a perfect storm
58. ZReynolds
59. Kylebraxtonisthebest
60. RedRidingLola
61. NC621
62. sourburst
63. BL.Arinna_1982
64. Nina31
65. daenerys.t
66. theflashgurl
67. PhoenixRising
68. snowbarryily
69. jilldragomir
70. Heidsdk
71. toxicgurl169
72. Venetia
73. pookiepookie
74. Swift2Potter
75. green eyes sparkle

Future Titles

Heeeey Caitlin, how was your day - Barry
"Get your ass over there" -Caitlin. "I got it"-Barry
"In science we share, we do not keep secrets" -Caitlin
Because "Barry and Caitlin seem to have much more chemistry and such an ease about them" - the nerdmachine.com
In the end, it turns out that Barry’s power outage is more mental than physical – Caitlin gets him back to speed by reminding him that she believes in him. (Awww.) - therainbowhub.com
"Caitlin was the first person that Barry saw after he woke up from coma."
"There you go again, saving me from that evil dress"
"You're fast and you can sing?"
"Time for me to move on, find someone new to be crazy about"
"I'm not much of a singer and you're not much of drinker"
"Not every OTP sings Summer Lovin' when half of them is drunk out of their mind"
"She's just a friend"
"Best of all is Barry’s night out with Caitlin, which no doubt launched whole new waves of ‘shipping in the Flash-iverse. Drunk Caitlin is charming as hell, and their duet of “Summer Lovin’” is cut far too short."avclub.com
"At the heart of what made tonight’s episode work is something that might ultimately put a huge dent in this show down the line: the incredible chemistry between Grant Gustin and Danielle Panabaker" ScreenCrush
" The final major subplot was Barry and Caitlin. I ship this couple so hard. After tonight’s episode, how can you not?" joblo.com
"Everything about their scenes together felt so natural and the way Caitlin trusts Barry so implicitly is really beautiful" - Tv Fanatic
"It is undeniable that Panabaker and Grant Gustin have developed serious chemistry, the two always seem to pop when on screen together" - Pastemagazine
"...what you don’t realize, is that you need a little saving, too." - Caitlin to Barry

Past threads
{1} {2}{3} {4} {5} {6}
{7} {8} {9} {10} {11}

The reasons
* Because they balance each other perfectly
* Because 'Opposite do attract'
* Because she’s looking out for him
* Because "Barry and Caitlin seem to have much more chemistry and such an ease about them" - the nerdmachine.com
* Because they have a crazy potential (especially with the Killer Frost storyline)
* Because most of us noticed their chemistry as soon as they were on screen together
* Because "I think there's a kindred spirit in there" - Danielle Panabaker
* Because "They have a special connection' - Danielle
* Because "I think that friendship will grow" - Danielle
* Because "hold on tight"

Fanvids:
Start of time
Not alone
can't help falling in love with you
Start of time
Fragile
Nicest thing
Breathe Again
Fix you
With You I'm Brighter
unbreakable
"What if I went with you..."
Runaway
Blink
I'll share in your suffering
¥ou're not gonna be sad anymore
Love me like you do

Snowbarry's wishlist

* They play doctor but the first time it’s awkward
* Caitlin is in danger and Barry saves her
* Jealous!Barry
* Jealous!Caitlin
* They go undercover as a couple
* A dance
* More flirty Barry
* Barry makes her laugh (and the team notices)

Current Moment

------

Footage

*OP still under construction*
Old 03-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Christine . Great title choice!
Old 03-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm curious to see what they do for Season 4 and 5. Barry and Caitlin can't be separated forever, they are the ones with chemistry. It seems like the writers are going out of their way to push them as far away as they can to run the other ship through it's course. I'm not going to lie, it's painful to watch, not to mention the constant social media backlash we get as a fandom for shipping these two.

I wish things were the way they were in Season 1. The writing was so much better. Team Flash was growing closer. Barry had friends, he wasn't hell bent on being so selfish. He used his brain more. He wasn't so depressed, he was more hopeful, he even gave someone as experienced as Oliver advice. Things have to change with the writing, it's getting away from what made the show so great.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Chemistry is subjective. I think Caitlin and Cisco are the ones with chemistry as a romantic pairing. But we all ship what we ship at the end of the day.

I do hope Barry and Caitlin continue their established friendship.

I agree, I wish they showed Barry's intellect more, he's constantly needing the ear piece and Cisco to find information. Maybe with The Flash movie coming out and how Ezra's Barry is resourceful it will spur them on. He's so smart in the comics. The Flashpoint decision was selfish and did cause huge problems for Cisco, Caitlin, Iris and Joe. If they stopped making the villains be Speedsters with personal vendettas maybe he'd be more happy-go-lucky.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Romantic chemistry, Caitlin and Cisco?? Where????

The thing with Caitlin and Barry in terms of their stronger chemistry, is that they were better developed onscreen. They still have strong scenes in the few ones they do have, so they're a powerhouse of a ship and the writers know it. They wouldn't be avoiding it this much if it wasn't. They have built that chemistry between the characters, it's entirely their and the actors fault. You can't keep that inside for too long. It will explode.

Speaking of Barry's intellect, I miss his CSI side.

The longer a show lasts, the least it can sustain basic Designated Pairings. So the more seasons we get, the more chance we have of Snowbarry.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Passionate Fan

I look at Caitlin and Barry, thinking chemistry...where???

Better developed on screen? Strong scenes? Built in chemistry? What? Where???

Are you talking about KillerVibe?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ok let's all be respectful. This thread was dead and I wanted to keep bumping our Flash forum. So let's do that without insulting one another.

Quote:
Subjective: based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions
synonyms - personal, personalized, individual, internal, emotional, instinctive, intuitive, impressionistic
That's what shipping and fandom is all about and why we don't all ship the same thing. It's all subjective. There's no reason to fight or be angered by it.

In regards to the episode: Barry didn't get mad at Caitlin keeping the part of the stone secret. He was popping off on my son Wally, not good. So him handling that differently was a change.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread! I love the title!

Uhhh, to all of those who say that Barry and Caitlin have "no chemistry," I can only say, what show have they been watching and were they actually watching season one? Let me post some vids to remind all of us why we ship SnowBarry and why the Flash writers have written themselves into a corner, just like they did with the Laurel situation on Arrow. As for Caitlin and Cisco having "romantic chemistry," that's ridiculous. At least Grant and Danielle have actually kissed on two occasions on the show. Cisco and Caitlin, never. What I've learned is that the non-shippers will ship Caitlin with a Labrador Retriever if it'll keep her away from Barry. But who is involved in almost every STAR Labs storyline? Caitlin. Whose job is relevant in almost every episode? Caitlin, as she's a scientist at STAR Labs who actually works and belongs there. Who's the voice in Barry's head when he's in the field and depending on STAR Labs to be his eyes and ears? Caitlin, just like Felicity is for Oliver. Who has helped Barry in the field and saved him countless times? Caitlin again. Who has all the compelling stories, from Firestorm, to Grodd, to Zoom, to Killer Frost, to Reverse Flash/Harrison Wells? Caitlin again. Who was Barry's emotional support in season 1 when Iris was dating Eddie and still oblivious to Barry's feelings? Caitlin. Caitlin basically serves the same purpose on this show that Christina McGee did on the original Flash TV show with John Wesley Shipp back in 1990.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-08-2017 at 01:45 PM
Old 03-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Having kissed means nothing. Barry and Caitlin had killer chemistry waaaaay before that, Just like Bellarke haven't kissed yet, but have one hell of a chemistry. Chemistry is usually in the eyes of the beholder, but it's got a lot to do with results, too. You can see chemistry where you didn't want to see, Just as much as you can ignore chemistry you don't want to aknowledge. And yes, it really was, as we say where I live, a bullet to their own feet when they developed snowbarry better if their intention was the other ship. It's something ten seasons won't erase. They messed up big time and snowbarry ended up working way better than it should. Now they have to ignore it as if it would save their lives, ignoring the ship, and it's stupid. It's bad writing. I mean, you know something's up when they have to donate a supporting character's signature scenes to the so-called female lead.

And I'm sorry, but caitlin and Cisco really sounds like a westallen excuse for not having snowbarry. There's no romantic chemistry there even if you squint really really hard.

By the way, yes, beautiful title!
Old 03-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

The definition of subjectivity can't be put in any simpler terms. That's about as laymen as it can get. So, ok @AnaMack

@PhoenixRising I don't agree with anything you said lol but who cares. We all ship differently. That's how fandom works. You think they have romantic chemistry. Good for you. Whatever floats your boat. Whatever tickles your nipple.

I'm glad I was able to kick back life into this dead thread. I'd wanna keep bumping it for the forum but the L's you've taken have y'all feeling some type of way. Lordt.

Keep this thread alive for the forum, since you guys are so passionate. Enjoy Barry and Caitlin moments, past, present and future. I know matching clothes is big hype. Hopefully they wear something similar next week.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Dude, chill out, I've been busy and just now have I had a little time to lurk around. Same with other shippers. You don't have to be "bumping up" the thread as if we didn't care. We comment when we can. There's no use in commenting a bunch of nothings either, so, when we have something to say, we share it.

I was gonna ask this either way, because I've just seen it on another SB group, what do you guys think of Caitlin/Julian?
a) Stop putting them with other people 2k17!!!
b) ****, Barry! Let her have some fun with someone who values her for once!
c) I don't love it, but I like him
d) Draco Malfoy with a ginger? MY DRACO/GINNY FEELS!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Caitlin was the only one that didn't leave Barry at the end of the episode.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-09-2017, 03:58 AM
Passionate Fan

That's our girl!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
Dude, chill out, I've been busy and just now have I had a little time to lurk around. Same with other shippers. You don't have to be "bumping up" the thread as if we didn't care. We comment when we can. There's no use in commenting a bunch of nothings either, so, when we have something to say, we share it.

I was gonna ask this either way, because I've just seen it on another SB group, what do you guys think of Caitlin/Julian?
What do I think of Caitlin/Julian? The same that I thought of Caitlin/Hunter and Caitlin/Ronnie. It's a waste of Danielle Panabaker and Caitlin Snow, putting her in these doomed, disposable "boyfriend-of-the-month" storylines. Like I said, they'll pair Caitlin with a robot or an alien to distance her from Grant/Barry and that insane chemistry we all saw back in season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
The definition of subjectivity can't be put in any simpler terms. That's about as laymen as it can get. So, ok @AnaMack

@PhoenixRising I don't agree with anything you said lol but who cares. We all ship differently. That's how fandom works. You think they have romantic chemistry. Good for you. Whatever floats your boat. Whatever tickles your nipple.

I'm glad I was able to kick back life into this dead thread. I'd wanna keep bumping it for the forum but the L's you've taken have y'all feeling some type of way. Lordt.

Keep this thread alive for the forum, since you guys are so passionate. Enjoy Barry and Caitlin moments, past, present and future. I know matching clothes is big hype. Hopefully they wear something similar next week.
Stelena&Bamon, let me explain something to you. We don't need you or any other WestAllen person coming here and "bumping" this thread up, especially since you come here to do nothing more than berate us and call us "delusional" at best, or "racist" at worst for shipping Barry and Caitlin. None of us SnowBarry shippers come to the WestAllen thread and disturb your precious "safe zone," yet you continually come here and invade our space and put us down on a regular basis? SkyStillBlue came here and put down the entire thread in what was one of the most insulting and derogatory posts I've ever seen on FF. I'm sorry, but when you refer to the women on this thread as "Beckys," that's a racist comment considering it's a derogatory term referring specifically to white women. I had SkyStillBlue's comments deleted from this thread and her account banned for three days after contacting the moderators here, but it seems like nothing ever changes. There's a reason why the Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow boards are consistently in the top 5 in FF post counts while The Flash languishes down in the 80's and 90's, because no one wants to post here as you WestAllen people make this board a hostile and inhospitable place for anyone who isn't a WestAllen shipper. I suggest you stick to your thread and refrain from posting here, since you only come here to antagonize and berate us. We don't do it to your thread, so you don't do it to ours, okay?

And you can disagree with me all you want, that's okay. You can also disagree with me if I say the sky is blue, but if you look up you can see that it's blue, just like if you watch all three seasons of The Flash you can see that everything I've said about Caitlin is absolutely true. You don't like it, take it up with the writers. SnowBarry fans didn't write the show, they did. SnowBarry fans didn't write episodes like Crazy For You, Killer Frost, or Who Is Harrison Wells?, the writers did. I'm gonna put the rest of my statement in spoiler tags so as to not disturb anyone. But I've pretty much had it with the WestAllen people here and their venomous, poisonous attitude towards us. I've tried to be respectful, but WestAllen people really don't know the meaning of the word, so I'm gonna lay it out plain and simple:

Spoiler:

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-09-2017 at 10:43 AM
Old 03-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just gonna bump this thread up because I love this video!

This video shows exactly what most of us already knew. Barry/Caitlin are the same as Barry/Christina from the original Flash TV show.