Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Killer Frost [3.07] - Episode Discussion [November 22nd, 2016]

[3.07] KILLER FROST
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ KILLER FROST EMERGES ϟ
Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin) but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost. Killer Frost goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy, kidnapping Julian (Tom Felton) and battling both The Flash and Vibe (Carlos Valdes). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) have a heart to heart talk.
Kevin Smith directed the episode with story by Judalina Neira and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Brooke Roberts (#307).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 11-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Total Fan

- Why is Barry always getting his ass handed to him by other speedsters? 3 seasons, 3 ass-whuppings.

- Did they really chop down Wally’s chrysalis like a tree? How did they know that wouldn’t kill him?

- I did like Caitlin talking truth about Barry messing stuff up… but having said that, there was a 3 month gap between Barry creating Flashpoint, and then Un-creating it, so I still can't blame Flashpoint for Dante’s death (could have happened anyway) or Caitlin’s powers (after what happened with Zoom, it's no surprise her powers were triggered).

And thank you, Iris, for pointing this out.

- How did Barry hit Julian so hard that he got concussed? Barry isn’t that strong. Julian kind of deserve it though. He's a bit of a jerk blackmailing Barry to quit CCPD (not that Barry was ever at work anyway).

- My reation to Julian being Doctor Alchemy:

<Iago> Oh, there's a big surprise! That's an incredib... I think I’m gonna have a heart attack and die from NOT surprise! </Iago> (Disney’s Aladdin)

I guess my hopes for the bad guy being someone Barry doesn’t know were dashed in this episode. This show really likes to stick to formula, doesn’t it?
Old 11-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Caitlin as Killer Frost was completely savage in this episode. She really cut Barry down in this episode. I am glad the truth about Cisco brother is out but man that was cold.

I love Iris and I love that she sees the best in Barry. I've never hated Barry for creating Flashpoint. He was in a really bad place emotionally, Iris gets it. I love Westallen . And yes, Barry' is not God I've never blamed him for Dante's death or Caitlin's power. Who's to say that those things wouldn't have happened anyway.

Anyway, I guess time for Barry to pack and up move again. No job either anymore. Evil Julian. I don't think anyone's surprised that he's Alchemy.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode, Caitlin can finally purge everything that has been eroding her from the inside.

(What she said was painful, strong (yes) but I think this served to reinforce Barry that his actions have consequences, now he feels them (not just a conversation with Jay), when it happens again is just him to think about what happened to him to stop.)

As much as some want her to be villain, I think she will not be, it's going to be a journey for her to balance her powers with her emotions and to be an extra force in the fight against evil with Barry and others.

It was also worth to see that the flashpoint effects are still there, and that Cisco also has his way to feel comfortable with Barry, but in the end everything will be fine.

I also enjoyed the role of Iris, who was the one who was focused on helping without the emotions shielding her judgment.

Joe and Harry were great too, this Harry is hilarious.

I foresee that this whole joy of Wally will disappear a little later because of Dr. Alquemy.

It's '' amazing surprise'' that Julian was him, but after the cowardly attitude with Barry at the end, i had no more doubts.

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I am glad the truth about Cisco brother is out but man that was cold.

I thought Barry and Cisco already had a confrontation about the death of the latter's brother, earlier in the season.

Quote:
Evil Julian. I don't think anyone's surprised that he's Alchemy.

How disappointing.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I guess my hopes for the bad guy being someone Barry doesn’t know were dashed in this episode. This show really likes to stick to formula, doesn’t it?
I think it does . I can't help but wonder if TPTB have gotten lazy or comfortable, since the show is #1 on the network. I really think it's time to shake some things up and raise the stakes. For one chill with the time travel for a while, at least with erasing things.

I'd show a lot more respect for the writers if they revealed Julian as Alchemy from the get go. Still, it could be a fake out, but that also happened before .
Old 11-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I thought Barry and Cisco already had a confrontation about the death of the latter's brother, earlier in the season.
Earlier this season Cisco was upset that Barry went back in time and saved his mother but refused to save Dante when he asked him to. They resolved that issue but Cisco didn't know that Dante was alive in the other timeline until Caitlin told him in last night's episode.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I almost felt like I'd been double bluffed by the Julian reveal. It was so obvious last episode that he would be involved that I thought he wouldn't be... turns out he is, oh well. I'd like to see Tom play a hero one day xD

Savitar dragging The Flash through the speed force was astounding and frankly even more brutal to watch than Zoom destroying him. With Zoom, you felt that he could match him eventually. Savitar is in another league.

And I feel it would almost be too obvious to somehow have Caitlin be able to control Killer Frost and make her be just... well, Frost, that it would be more surprising if she did go full villain.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Seems “we don’t want to know about the other timeline” was just an expression and people get to be handed the information whether they like it or not...

KF/CS - this episode just reassured me that the only way I’m able to enjoy this character is this KF alter ego. She was kind of badass in 307 as KF in terms of this superhero / meta human attitude but I kind of hated her outbursts at Barry. She went too far imo. And I know it was her KF side talking and she’s back to good old C now but the words has been spoken and the words have been heard so…..IDK. Barry is far from deserving to be patted on the back but damn, girl….

Julian – taking how everyone and their mother thought Julian is Alchemy – that “reveal” was SO anticlimactic for me so I hope there is some hidden agenda here….people say Alchemy is just a vessel and Savitar uses different people through him and that Julian was Alchemy in the past and Savitar wants to use him again….IDK All I know I didn’t see that blackmail coming towards Barry. That was boom! moment for me. Like I thought they agreed on keeping it on the down low and then Julian says these words and I was like NOOOO! Don't take CSI from Barry! Don't!!

Iris – Barry is everyone’s hero but Iris is his. That scene in speed lab was all kind of perfect. It has some foreshadowing though to what’s been hinted before and as much as I fear that arc, I so can’t wait till it’s finally here. It's going to be intense, it's going to be angsty and I bet it will be heartbreaking but...bring it!

Wally – damn, that kid being all pumped up about being the speedster and everybody, especially Joe being all happy for him and not bursting his bubbles was just so precious.

Barry / Cisco: now that hurt, hurt like a mofo. I hate seeing them like that. I know Dante being dead is a fact but as Iris pointed out – are they 100% sure it’s because of Barry? IDTS. Still while that kind of angst makes for great television, I want them to work it out and soon!

Also, taking that some things are just done, what he expects Barry to do now? It's either he accepts some changes and move on or cut Barry completely out of his life - which taking premises of the show would not work, would it?

There are rumors that what Cisco saw in his vibe in terms of him and KF fighting is him actually being a bad guy, not KF. Maybe this current thing pushes him in that direction. Damn, it's all so confusing.

Barry: his probably WILL NEVER catch a break on this show. I know he deserved some backlash and it's far from perfect but come on! When will be the moment when it’s going to be just too much. How more can he take? Cait was shooting at him left and right in this ep…..The scene when he gathers his things in the lab, man that was painful to watch. I know he said he has other priorities in his life now etc but still…

I just wish this crossover thing was out of the way so the real S3 can start.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
There are rumors that what Cisco saw in his vibe in terms of him and KF fighting is him actually being a bad guy, not KF. Maybe this current thing pushes him in that direction. Damn, it's all so confusing.
I was thinking this myself. Maybe it's Cisco that snaps and tries to kill his friends (maybe due to Alchemy's influence?), and Caitlin has to fight him.

Last edited by Elektra; 11-23-2016 at 08:42 AM
Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)

Barry: his probably WILL NEVER catch a break on this show. I know he deserved some backlash and it's far from perfect but come on! When will be the moment when it’s going to be just too much. How more can he take? Cait was shooting at him left and right in this ep…..The scene when he gathers his things in the lab, man that was painful to watch. I know he said he has other priorities in his life now etc but still…
It's starting to bother me that Flashpoint is getting blamed for absolutely everything... there is roughly a several month gap between Barry creating Flashpoint and then taking it away, so you cannot clearly blame Flashpoint for Dante's death (it might have been fated to happen anyway) or Caitlin's powers either. Caitlin's been through hell and back (I'm looking at you, Zoom) so we have no idea when her meta abilities got started/were triggered. There's several factors involved that prevent Flashpoint from being blamed for all of the above. It's way more complicated than that as we have zero solid facts knowing for sure when these things developed, and it's very likely they were either developed due to another cause or were meant to happen regardless, Flashpoint or not.

Iris was smart as a whip pointing all of this out because she's bang on. Plus, some people that are so hard on Barry are completely ignoring what happens when you are grieving. Barry lost his mom when he was a little boy and then just lost his dad. He was experiencing a tremendous amount of grief and wasn't thinking clearly. He told Iris he should have followed her in the house. Yes, he should have but he's also not perfect... he's not God just like Iris beautifully stated. Barry is flawed, he's human, he was in severe grieving mode and I dare anyone to question what that's like unless you have experienced it. If you have truly experienced what it's like then you know you can get lost and not act normally... you can do crazy things, you are not thinking clearly.

I loved every Barry/Iris/WestAllen scene. They are this brilliant, perfect light together. They are the true definition of soulmates. Grant and Candice have gobs of chemistry together because they believe in the comic pairing of WestAllen and that's why they effortlessly portray WestAllen on the screen. I imagine every scene they have together sort of displaying this beautiful light around them because of how spiritual and powerful their connection is.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-23-2016 at 08:43 AM
Old 11-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Good epi, enjoyed it! Caitlin/Frost is almost a Jekyl/Hyde , does she really have control over her powers now?! Don’t like Savatar (sp?), reminds me too much of Zoom.

Is anyone else suspicious of the new HW? He seems too chipper to me, even though he supposedly explained himself last epi or so. My hubby has a theory that he is actually Eobard Thawne in disguise AGAIN messing with their minds. I could buy that and I actually like it LOL

I agree with those saying enough with everyone blaming Flashpoint for everything; Barry obviously shouldn’t have done that, but he’s correcting things best he can and who knows what would have happened anyway as Iris pointed out?
Old 11-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, that ep was better than I expected...

I thought that I was going to be bored w/this ep, but surprisingly, it was pretty decent (Can Kevin Smith direct most of the episodes? Pretty please?).

Caitlyn was actually effective in this ep; maybe turning or being evil is the only way she can be interesting. She was seriously throwing some major truth bombs at Barry...let us know how you really feel, Cait.

Cisco...now he's back to disliking Barry. I thought they had healed that rift. Now Barry's out of a job & a home.

HR wasn't quite as useless this week, but he needs to really find something to do.

I was w/Joe...when I feel something in my gut, I always listen to my gut. Good ole women's intuition at work.

Ahh, WA...these two never cease to set my shipper heart all aflutter. They're the gift that keeps on giving.

Julian...wow, was that anticlimactic!!! I already felt that he was one of the big bads, but in the beginning when Alchemy grabbed that stone or whatever, & ran off like a little punk, I thought to myself "he looks like he's about Julian's height". And then the d-bag had the nerve to make Barry resign from his job. WTH? I hope that this is temporary, b/c Barry's job is a big part of who he is (the other, larger part is ofc Iris) BTW, who keep their villain outfit in a drawer at work?
Old 11-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)

Is anyone else suspicious of the new HW? He seems too chipper to me, even though he supposedly explained himself last epi or so. My hubby has a theory that he is actually Eobard Thawne in disguise AGAIN messing with their minds. I could buy that and I actually like it LOL
That's very possible. I think you guys are onto something. I also noticed that he's constantly drinking coffee... like constantly and not only drinking coffee, but we've heard about his coffee obsession multiple times in more than one episode. I remember in Harry Potter GoF, the fake Moody (really Barty Crouch Jr.) drinking from that flask to maintain a certain appearance. I am not reaching and saying he's drinking coffee for something like that but I swear, if we receive more coffee mentions (and his obsession with coffee) I might start to believe he's putting something in his drink. We also know he altered his appearance so police didn't see him in public and arrest him thinking he was a criminal. At the very least, I do suspect there's some sort of mystery surrounding him and his motivations.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I'm thinking he's the partner rather than the actual Harrison Wells from Earth 19. He does have that face-changing thing, and could have been using it all this time.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top