Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Helbing confirmed Tom won't be returning at an SDCC roundtable.

The Alchemy storyline would have been the way to go.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:26 AM
Supreme Fan

He was very caring towards Caitlin and I appreciated that but the writing went downhill once he joined STAR Labs. At that point he was just the love interest
Old 08-13-2017, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes agreed if it wasn't rushed or written poorly - could have been something great
Old 08-14-2017, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

It's that damn Lab. It's the kiss of death for character development.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haha I get ya
Old 08-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Banned

This guy is a treasure to this show. Glad he is apart of Team Flash. I honestly don't see how its gone downhill
Old 08-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Forgive me if my bluntness comes across rude WHICH IS NOT

Once he joined Team!Flash all he was, was a love interest for Caitlin making 3 seasons in a row that they put Caitlin in a love interest. It was way too fast and one sided which just made him look like a pussy where once he joined the team his character just hit the floor

Tom is fantastic where I grew up Potterhead and Draco was always a favorite the fact that he got casted made me very excited and the season started off fair with him - the not liking Barry and mystery plus what he started out as related to being connected to Salvator

Than came Christmas and it was ruined

Again not bashing and don't mean any disrespect|harsh where just being blunt on the fact that its one of the rare times that I dislike a storyline|pairing. Am notorious mulit-shipper that generally ships|appreciates everything but just no after winter hiatus related to Julian
Old 08-15-2017, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ 100000% agree. Once they put the storyline with Caitlin, I stopped caring about the mystery or anything and it felt like his character changed and I just wasn't a fan.

And I think Tom Felton did an fantastic job! especially with his awesome one liners like when Cisco won against Gypsy, "She must be having an off day."

Moments like that is what made me love him. I just wish that could've got accomplished without the Caitlin storyline involved since he was better without it...
Old 08-15-2017, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

"Made him look like a pussy" Talk about blunt and straight to the point. I laughed aloud.

Flash#1: It's nothing against Tom Felton from what I understand he's a cool person and from what I've seen a great actor too. The main point is that his talents were wasted.

Julian was set up to be an antagonist. A great initial premise with his dislike of meta humans and trauma over his sister's death. Rather than lean into that make him build up the Big Bad, working with Savitar through the season. Potentially be the one character who knew who he was all along.

We got stuck with him fawning over Caitlin who we barely knew. We were told he had a girlfriend but all of a sudden the moment he enters STAR Labs anything once established about him slowly fades. His sister never gets mentioned again and his only storyline is Caitlin.

Philanthropist.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

dp
Old 08-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad you liked the bluntness but felt it was one of the times that needed it

Exactly it was nothing against Tom AT ALL cause he is a fantastic actor and did what he could with what the writers gave him

OMFG thanks for that gif that does show he had a gf Oh writers sometimes they forget what they write
Old 08-16-2017, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ 100000% agree. Once they put the storyline with Caitlin, I stopped caring about the mystery or anything and it felt like his character changed and I just wasn't a fan.

And I think Tom Felton did an fantastic job! especially with his awesome one liners like when Cisco won against Gypsy, "She must be having an off day."

Moments like that is what made me love him. I just wish that could've got accomplished without the Caitlin storyline involved since he was better without it...
Honestly, I think both Caitlin and Julian would have been off without the romantic storyline tbh.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Honestly, I think both Caitlin and Julian would have been off without the romantic storyline tbh.
100% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Glad you liked the bluntness but felt it was one of the times that needed it

Exactly it was nothing against Tom AT ALL cause he is a fantastic actor and did what he could with what the writers gave him

OMFG thanks for that gif that does show he had a gf Oh writers sometimes they forget what they write
Totally needed. I was trying to find a way to word it myself. You hit the nail on the head.

Their plotholes are a mess. Remember how HR couldn't go outside without looking like his partner on Earth-19? Well how did he meet Tracy Brand in open with his HR Wells face? Wouldn't she have known that was Harrison Wells the murderer?
Philanthropist.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Totally needed. I was trying to find a way to word it myself. You hit the nail on the head.

Their plotholes are a mess. Remember how HR couldn't go outside without looking like his partner on Earth-19? Well how did he meet Tracy Brand in open with his HR Wells face? Wouldn't she have known that was Harrison Wells the murderer?
Glad that I nailed it on the head just glad its straight forward without sounding bitchy or rude or anything negative not my thing where I may disagree at times but am able to do it respectfully
Old 08-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Always good to do things that way.

Whatever project Tom does next, I hope it goes well.
Philanthropist.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top