Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Into The Speed Force [3.16] - Episode Discussion [March 14th, 2017]

[3.16] INTO THE SPEED FORCE
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ BARRY TURNS TO THE SPEED FORCE ϟ
Desperate to stop Savitar and save his friends, Barry (Grant Gustin) turns to the speed force for answers. H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) gives Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) some advice.
Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Brooke Roberts & Judalina Neira (#316).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Last edited by Hero of Time; 03-14-2017 at 12:16 PM
Old 03-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the new thread! Looking forward to tonight.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Total Fan

- Iris, why are you so mad at Barry? You love him and you know he loves you. Why are you even questioning that?

And YOU, Barry – you need some space? Really?! How is NOT being with Iris going to help you defeat Savitar?

The CW better only be giving us all this WestAllen angst because their end plan is to give us Together-Forever!WestAllen once Savitar is gone.

On a side note: I had a feeling B/I weren’t together when Savitar “killed” her. I was hoping my feeling was wrong.

- Barry pissed off the speedforce prophets, and now all his bad decisions are coming back to haunt him.

- Ronnie and Caitlin’s baby – what might have been. I hate that SnowStorm never had a future .

- Black Racer first attacks Reverse Flash (in LoT), then attacks Regular Flash. Dude gets around.

- I kinda felt bad for HR when Jesse punched him. He was just trying to protect her.

- Jay Garrick is always there when Barry needs him. Hopefully they can get him out of the speedforce.

- Jesse is going to take Jay’s place on Earth-3, but who’s taking her place on Earth-2?

Last edited by Elektra; 03-14-2017 at 06:50 PM
Old 03-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Great seeing Ephram Brown directing this episode, heh.

I knew that was going to happen to WestAllen. I knew Barry was going to pull that at the end after Iris realized she wanted to marry him no matter what. While I understand how he feels and why space is needed as he prepares to take down the ultimate villain, I don't agree with it all the same. He looks so broken and drained due to causing Flashpoint. He even looked like he was okay with being killed or being in the Speed Force in a hell on earth scenario for Eternity. This is all due to the pain he indirectly caused everyone as a result of Flashpoint. So... how does he think hurting Iris is going to help anything? He's only causing more pain to the woman he loves, woman he's destined to be with romantically. How does that make any sense, Barry? I swear, if they mess with Iris/sideline her again I will be furious. She is ultra important and should be treated like it. He better let her know he loves her more than anything and this "break" is because he's a flawed idiot but not because he doesn't want to be with her the second this is all over. I know it will work out though and the good news is their reunion/engagement/marriage is going to be remarkable because it's all going to take place once he saves Iris and defeats Savitar. We'll get to enjoy all of this stress-free while back to the lighter tone of The Flash. I am happy for this reality.

Other thoughts:

- Sorry to see Jesse temporarily leaving again. It might not have been the smartest decision to take on Savitar but I loved how HR helped her. Jesse/HR figured out something very important during her battle with Savitar... he IS a man.

- Hope Barry saves Jay soon. I don't care if he's in his Golden Years, he's awesome and needs saved as soon as possible.

- Poor Wally is going to be a little out of it for a while.

- Black Racer... kind of sweet if even disturbing.

- Super confused over who's going to watch over E2 when Jesse's watching over E3 for Jay?

- Although, insert Jay on the possibility list of candidates for Savitar... I think it's pretty clear it HAS to be a Speedster, which means Barry, Wally, Jesse or Jay.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm still hoping that Barry is Savitar (twisted version of himself) because I'm a twisted person and I want angst between Barry and himself as Savitar.

But it could still be Wally.

I'm still pulling for Barry or Wally to be Savitar.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Perhaps it's just as well Barry felt he needed a break from his relationship with Iris. Don't worry . . . I'm a big WestAllen fan. But I suspect that his trip into the Speed Force came close to breaking him emotionally due to his guilt over creating the Flashpoint. He needs a break. And if I must be honest, so does Iris. She loves Barry just as much as he loves her. But the tainted engagement, along with Wally's entrapment into the Speed Force and knowing her future is taking a toll.

Both she and Barry need to take a break.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

This ep kinda hit all of the emotional feels...

Barry willing to sacrifice his life for Wally's...was he really willing to do that just for the sake of saving Wally, or did he think that he & Iris no longer had a future together? Also, I think when he saw "Eddie" in the SF, & "Eddie" mentioned that he should have been Iris' husband, & Joe his father-in-law, that just upped the guilt (& insecurity) factor for Barry.

That fight w/the Black Flash was intense! How beautiful was it that Barry's last thought when he was "dying" was that he loved Iris? Awwww

And what is up w/HR? He seemed to be goading Jesse on a little too hard if you ask me. I think he knows a bit more than he's letting on about Savitar. If he's working with Savitar (or is Savitar), these writers are notorious for repeating themselves over & over (ad nauseum) again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Perhaps it's just as well Barry felt he needed a break from his relationship with Iris. Don't worry . . . I'm a big WestAllen fan. But I suspect that his trip into the Speed Force came close to breaking him emotionally due to his guilt over creating the Flashpoint. He needs a break. And if I must be honest, so does Iris. She loves Barry just as much as he loves her. But the tainted engagement, along with Wally's entrapment into the Speed Force and knowing her future is taking a toll.

Both she and Barry need to take a break.
My thoughts exactly. And you know they can't spend more than one episode away from each other!
Old 03-16-2017, 12:54 PM
New Fan

I thought they jumped the romantic shark this episode.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

I loved the Speedforce episode!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top