Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Though wasn't it that they saw Harrison on top with the gun which he was there - they thought that was meant to be HR but reality was "Harry"

Last edited by crash landing; 05-17-2017 at 01:19 AM
Old 05-17-2017, 03:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by have a little faith (View Post)
Though wasn't it that they saw Harrison on top with the gun which he was there - they thought that was meant to be HR but reality was "Harry"
In the end, it was neither of them, so that's already changed from the vision.

-------

Now for those saying Iris dying isn't a big loss -- remember, there's been a regular narrative in this show (and especially this season), that "There is no Flash without Iris West".

I mean, yes -- I would have absolutely loved seeing Iris have her own storyline and help out Team Flash more (Reporter!Iris could have been helping hunt down all those metas with her reporter instincts, or informing the public on the Meta-happenings, etc), but regardless, she is important to Barry's story.

Over the last 3 seasons, it's been hinted that Barry's feelings for her is what jump-starts his powers/helps him power up. She is also what prevents him from falling into darkness like Savitar (or Hunter Zolomon/Zoom for that matter).

Also -- we end up with Emo-Barry if Iris dies... and do you really want the remaining seasons of The Flash to be all Emo-Barry?

Now I get that some people may not be fans of the character, and that's fine... but story-wise, and thematically, it IS a big loss if Iris dies. That's been reiterated several times this season.

Let Arrow be the "dark" show. Give me my lighthearted Flash back (er... no pun intended ).

Last edited by Elektra; 05-17-2017 at 04:01 AM
Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I knew when the eppy started it'd be a heartbreaker. Just the music alone set the tone. And then when Iris started that vid? I wonder if we'll ever see Barry watch that?! I doubt it, but it was a tough pill to swallow.

HR...that was a BIG mistake to make: Unless it was on purpose. We'll see next week.

Joe and Iris' scene was so beautiful! I've been waiting for heart-wrenching scenes between them for weeks now, it finally happened! :

Poor Wally. He was trying!!!

I love the bond that Barry and Cisco have. They're just always so down for each other!!!

When Savitar appeared in the Flash suit, it freaked me out. but it was a good scene.

Always so selfless, I love that Iris told Barry not to lose himself throughout this. Capt Cold (goodness I love him!!) was right. Being good is what makes Barry win.

Oh Capt Cold....how I love thee! LOL Last night was Wentworth Miller's night for me. From Flash to Prison Break!!!! I loved all his scenes, even when Barry had to correct him that Iris is now his fiance'.

Small detail, I wish they made sure that Barry didn't have Savitar's hair throughout the episode (other than when he was suited up). That needed to be a distinct difference.

Anyone else get the feeling that when KF was going down memory lane for Savitar, he was remembering Iris? Just for a sec? That's what it felt like to me.

The end killed me. Seeing Barry's face when the bazooka failed, seeing Iris being held by Savitar, seeing Joe's heart breaking....the writers really pushed the emotional envelop last night.

Here's to hoping next week makes us breathe a sigh of relief!

ETA: I hope Grant and Candice see this and send this kid an autographed pic.

Last edited by MyzButterfly; 05-17-2017 at 07:34 AM
Old 05-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea my night was destroyed last night just certain quotes from Leonard and than those last 10 minutes than back to back Wentworth where PB broke my heart too hard night
Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Last nights epi:
1st part with Snart LOVE them together, such great chemistry
2nd part: Oh that just killed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
I read what is a possible theory for what just happened last night . Now as I post this , I see everyone has there theory on if the ( Light re-fraction Technology ) that Barry used to be Lyla . Also in a scene from mid season , when Barry first travels forward , HR is at the plaza . In tonight's final scene he wasn't there ... he was last seen at Star Labs .
yet savitar did let go of iris while running around avoiding the power gun .. plenty of time for HR to change places with Iris ..
Hmmm... you are really making me think! They do seem to kill off HW each season and give us a new one for next LOL, so I'm thinking Iris wasn't Iris but HR using the device Barry used earlier! Oh I can't wait for next week!
Old 05-17-2017, 10:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, that was kinda hard to take...

Even though I've seen some spoiler pics for the next ep, they sure knew how to get the feels going. This is one of the few times the writing AND the acting were on point together.

One thing I don't understand (time travel explanations give me a headache), but how exactly was Snart supposed to be around in present day...if he's dead?
Of course, he doesn't know it...but I'd better let that go for now; starting to get a headache

One of the sweetest scenes was the Joe/Iris scene; that's the kind of scene they need to show more often. Joe dancing & singing to his daughter; hopefully that's foreshadowing for the father/daughter dance they'll do at the wedding. The West fam is the heart of the show.

The looks on Joe's & Iris' faces when they saw Savitar unmasked...kudos to JLM & CP. To see the twisted face behind it all; that was some serious shock value.

HR needs to keep his mouth shut! A soon as SavBarry asked where Iris was, that should've been a red flag. No one else spoke up but HR. And I notice that when HR apologized to Barry, he didn't accept his apology.

Poor Wally! He tried his best, but he got his butt handed to him. Hopefully he'll be better (his skills) in S4.

Finally got a chance to see WA's bedroom...me likey Really feeing that padded headboard. How do they afford that place? But her leaving him that vid, on top of the ending song & the montage...wow. That was a shock to the system. Well played,writers. Well played.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)
One thing I don't understand (time travel explanations give me a headache), but how exactly was Snart supposed to be around in present day...if he's dead?
Of course, he doesn't know it...but I'd better let that go for now; starting to get a headache
Barry went back in time to 1892 to get Snart and brought him to 2017.

Quote:
One of the sweetest scenes was the Joe/Iris scene; that's the kind of scene they need to show more often. Joe dancing & singing to his daughter; hopefully that's foreshadowing for the father/daughter dance they'll do at the wedding. The West fam is the heart of the show.
That was simply beautiful!!! I'd love even more Joe/Iris moments.

Quote:
The looks on Joe's & Iris' faces when they saw Savitar unmasked...kudos to JLM & CP. To see the twisted face behind it all; that was some serious shock value.
THIS MOMENT:

So very well done!!!!

Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My other thought was Flash goes back in time , have Tracy adjust the gun to compensate for Savitar having the stone .. thus savitar dies . Yet savitar said he learned of the stone after being imprisoned in the speed force ..

Losing one HR is fine , as long as original Harrison returns
Old 05-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Did you ever watch Legends of Tomorrow? If you didn't, you'd be confused.

On Legends of Tomorrow, the legends always time travel with their Waverider to different locations. So, the Snart you saw is one who was travelling throughout the 1800s with Sara, Mick, Ray, Firestorm... and the list goes on.

So, the legends time travel and Barry must have knew where they time travelled to at that time since he found their location.
I'm assuming it was Snart from between episode 1x09 - 1x10 of LoT, and the Snart who grew throughout season 1 of LoT was more good than bad.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)

I think someone is gonna die. I have a strong feeling it's Joe. H.R. wouldn't have as much impact, don't you guys think?

Such darkness. Henry last year and now possibly Joe.
Joe would have a huge impact, but it's definitely HR. Even if I hadn't already been completely sure, that face changing technology coming up again after not being mentioned for months would have been more than enough. Chances are he took her place.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

@MyzButterfly & eternalfate:

Thanks for the explanations. I watched two eps of LoT, & it didn't make any sense to me (how they travel through time w/out any repercussions, yet on The Flash Barry gets Time Wraiths sent after him), so I just stopped watching. And wouldn't there be some time anomaly after this? Better stop thinking about this...feel a headache coming on.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Total Fan

Quote:

Thanks for the explanations. I watched two eps of LoT, & it didn't make any sense to me (how they travel through time w/out any repercussions, yet on The Flash Barry gets Time Wraiths sent after him), so I just stopped watching. And wouldn't there be some time anomaly after this? Better stop thinking about this...feel a headache coming on.
Time travel headaches!

There wouldn't be any repercussions because Barry didn't change anything. He put Snart back where he found him, and I assume Snart kept his mouth shut - although I did find it odd that Snart referred to Iris as Barry's girlfriend since they weren't actually dating prior to Snart heading off with the Legends (and not until after Snart died).

Also -- did Snart even know it was 2017? His "present" would have still been 2016. Ugh... now I'm getting a headache...
Old 05-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Time travel headaches!

There wouldn't be any repercussions because Barry didn't change anything. He put Snart back where he found him, and I assume Snart kept his mouth shut - although I did find it odd that Snart referred to Iris as Barry's girlfriend since they weren't actually dating prior to Snart heading off with the Legends (and not until after Snart died).

Also -- did Snart even know it was 2017? His "present" would have still been 2016. Ugh... now I'm getting a headache...
I found that odd too. I guess the one time Snart met Iris she and Barry gave off soulmates vibes
Old 05-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Nope there would be no repercussion because Snart got returned to the same EXACT place, so for the legends, it's like nothing ever happened. And of course Snart didn't tell the team, which makes sense.
Barry didn't really change any history... now things would've been different if someone from the team blurted out to Snart that he died... or if Barry left Snart with King Shark.

Not to spoil anything just in case you decide to watch more Legends episode, but by episode 1x09 of Legends Leonard was turning more good and was distant from his Rogue Partner Mick Rory, and even got his hand cut off... which is what he referenced when King Shark got his hand cut off from the door slamming on his hand, "Ouch. Been there."

By the way, as a person who watches both shows, I dislike how many repercussions there are for Barry compared to the legends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I'm going to assume no, because Barry didn't tell him and Snart didn't care since the whole legends team thought that they would return to January 2016 when the mission to catch Rip Hunter was over which of course wasn't the case.....
Old 05-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
By the way, as a person who watches both shows, I dislike how many repercussions there are for Barry compared to the legends...

To be fair, the Legends are correcting time aberrations rather than changing time themselves. They're actually putting things back to the way it was supposed to be (or close enough to the way it was supposed to be... and the last time they did something weird, they crash landed in the present with Dinosaurs roaming the streets ).

Of course, that then leads to the question: Why didn't they pop into Flashpoint to smack Barry upside the head? That was a HUGE time aberration.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top