Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Absolute Fan

My review:
Tonight's episode took a page from Arrow's playbook by introducing contradictory tonal elements into its overall narrative schema (with Arrow, it was superhumanity in Season 2, and here it's elements of 'grounded realism'), and hit the jackpot in the process.

I know who Wentworth Miller is despite having never seen Prison Break, and he really knocked one out of the park with his portrayal of Leonard Snart, who reminded me of a cross between Arrow's Dodger and the character of Mr.

I loved seeing Felicity tonight; she and Barry have amazing chemistry, and even though she's currently conflicted about who she ultimately wants to be with, you could clearly see that she's still very much into Barry. Her and Barry's Trivia night double date was great, especially her outfit (yes, you went fancy, but I don't think you overdressed at all, Miss Felicity).

I love the father/daughter relationship that Joe and Iris have; his issues with her dating Eddie were not only believable, but also handled really well. I am glad that there's most likely not going to be any awkwardness between them - or between Joe and Eddie - any longer.

Staying on Iris but switching gears slightly, I love that she kept trying to push Barry and Felicity together; it's such a sisterly thing to do, and you can really feel the familial bond between them.

Eddie was unbelievably dorky in this episode, but I liked it; I do find it rather funny that he couldn't identify the Millennium Falcon as being the name of Han Solo's ship, but not everybody is going to be an uber-geek. I also liked his awkward attempt to dispel the tension between himself and Joe over Iris, which was only enhanced by the inappropriate music playing when he turned on the radio.

It would've been unrealistic for 'Team Flash' not to experience any major incidences of internal conflict, so Cisco putting Barry's life in danger by creating the Cold Gun that Snart ended up getting his hands on was a welcome subplot for me, and really added some nice new layers to Barry and Cisco's relationship and to the ever-evolving mystery that is Harrison Wells and his agenda. I do think Wells overreacted a bit to Cisco's screw-up, but that was kind of the point insofar as furthering his character development and the mystery of his agenda is concerned, and so I can't really count that as a fault.

I'm glad that the writers acknowledged that Caitlin and Cisco already knew Felicity, and also really liked that Harrison knew who she was and was uber-impressed by her and her credentials. It's going to be really interesting to see what Caitlin, Wells, and Cisco make of the rest of 'Team Arrow' once they officially cross paths come Episode 8, particularly since there seemed to be a bit of slyness to the way that Harrison told Felicity to "say hi to the Arrow for us".

Going back to Barry and Felicity, I was waiting all episode for their kiss to happen, and it didn't disappoint. I liked that he just showed up on the train (startling her), and they had a nice heart-to-heart about carrying a torch for people who don't feel the same way, as it served as the perfect lead-in to their liplock. I also liked that there wasn't any awkwardness after it ended and that Barry just sped away.

The only flaw I found in tonight's episode vis a vis Felicity is that she said she overheard Barry and Oliver's chat, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since Oliver didn't specify where he was going to meet Barry, and I can't really see Felicity following Oliver after the way their conversation - which was broken up by Barry's phone call - ended. That's a minor nitpick, though, and everything else was handled so perfectly that it's easily overlooked.

It took Arrow until Episode 13 to introduce its first major recurring non-"Big Bad" antagonist (Seth Gabel's Count Vertigo), but I'm glad that The Flash didn't wait that long, and can't wait to see what happens when Snart (AKA Captain Cold) and his new business partner show Mick show back up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Who's playing Heatwave?
Wentworth Miller's Prison Break co-star Dominic Purcell.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)

I loved Captain Cold, although referring to Barry as "kid" wasn't believable. WM doesn't look much older than GG and they may even be the same age.
Hummmm except that Wentworth is 42 while Grant is 24.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

lol. yeah, theres quite an age gap. ww doesn't look 42 though.

felicity fit right into the show, part of me wishes she were on it. , she gives it a more interesting flavor imo
Old 10-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved every second of this episode.Flash is most definitely my favorite new series. Flash has just been awesome.

Now to recap/review some of the episode.
Can I say I just loved the way Felicity just fit in with the crew, like I probably enjoyed Felicity in this episode more than I have in the past few Arrow episodes this season. I guess it was nice to see her in more of a light, being happy, dressing up. Having dates, having a female friend. It was everything.

Can Iris/Felicity get like this friendship? That'd be awesome to watch.

Wenthworth Miller. My my how I love seeing you grace my screen yet again! Captain Gold is definitely different from the mastermind Michael Scofield, but this Captain Cold character just fits him so perfectly because he's still sort of a mastermind, who isn't intimated by nothing, who's confident in his plan. And always has a backup plan. Like he was just awesome... or probably I was just just overexcited to see WW again. lol Great casting Flash casting directors! great casting.
I just noticed... Clock King, Heatwave and Captain Cold is played by all Prison Break co-stars. If they shared a scene together: how awesome would that be? especially because they are all evil on this show.

Yeah now Prison Break reliving moment over. lol

I loved seeing a bit more Cisco this week! I'm really growing on the character and the Actor Carlos is portraying him well. So each week he's growing on me, I did understand why he did what he did. He didn't really know how much he could trust Barry. Although I understood Barry for not understanding why.

I loved seeing more of the partnership between Eddie and Joe, I think it was very realistic for Joe to act the way he did tonight... like when Eddie kept mentioning Iris, I was just hoping he'd stop. lol So when Joe called him out on it, I was happy.. and it was funny when Eddie turned on the radio, and the songs that were playing. Totally better to have the music off.
I enjoyed the interaction with Iris/Joe, we got to see more why Joe felt the way he did, like if something happened to Eddie, what would happen. They are partners and he's focused more on their relationship, then the job and that's an distraction. I like that Iris understood it although it's sad they both agreed to no more secrets and he's keeping the biggest one that Barry is Flash.

Also loved Eddie saving Joe's life!

Barry and Felicity was so ADORKABLE in this episode! I agreed with Felicity, they are both so perfect for one another but they are both in love with others, it's really unfortunate because they would make each other happiness, and not be so lonely. I loved all their scenes tonight, it's kind of a taste of what could happened if they dated and it gave a glimpse into the natural friendship they have. The ending scene was just beautiful, about them running to one another whenever the other needed each other.

I loved Felicity telling Caitlin and Cisco not to give up on your teammate, it needed to be heard. No matter of the arguments, fights or disagreements. Never give up. That's what makes a powerful team.
Dr. Wells... still an intriguing character... his speech with Cisco was interesting, I'll just leave it at that.

Emily Bett Rickards! you fit perfect on Flash. Welcome back anytime.
Great screen presence.

Poor Barry with his feelings for Iris. I loved that Felicity could see it, it's pretty difficult not to see his feelings for her by those sad puppy eyes. lol I enjoyed the Iris/Barry scenes, it's sad that Irish is just talking about Barry's perfectness while being completely blind to how he feels for her... and she's just growing more for Barry. I love that she just has Barry's best interest and want him to be with someone who makes him happy, and who's perfect to and for him.

There's probably so much more to write on this episode, but I'll stop right there! perfect episode for me.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursToHold (View Post)
Amazing episode!

That ending gave me the chills (mostly because I'm so ready to see Wentworth & Dominic onscreen together again )

Really enjoyed the chemistry between Barry & Felicity too.
Oohhhh that was Dominic?! I didn't even think about that! That's amazing I can't believe we are gonna see them onscreen together.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:41 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
My review:
The only flaw I found in tonight's episode vis a vis Felicity is that she said she overheard Barry and Oliver's chat, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since Oliver didn't specify where he was going to meet Barry, and I can't really see Felicity following Oliver after the way their conversation - which was broken up by Barry's phone call - ended. That's a minor nitpick, though, and everything else was handled so perfectly that it's easily overlooked.
I just assumed she was referring to the Comms in Oliver's Arrow suit and that she had gone back to the Foundry to go about her usual duties, overhearing their convo (which would also mean that Oliver didn't bother to tell her about Barry in-person.)
Old 10-29-2014, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I just assumed she was referring to the Comms in Oliver's Arrow suit and that she had gone back to the Foundry to go about her usual duties, overhearing their convo (which would also mean that Oliver didn't bother to tell her about Barry in-person.)
That is what I thought as welll

-Lisa-
Old 10-29-2014, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked barry and felicity. I love that iris kinda ships them.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What an episode.

This show is turning out to be my favorite new show yet and in general the Flash has always been my #4 superhero.

I swear what I would give for his speed!

Him multi-tasking between ping-pong, operation, and chess was freakin' awesome.

And Cisco, man what a great storyline for him this week. I can completely understand why he did that. It's basically like having Kryptonite on hand in case Superman turned out to be a villain. Loved that the same concept applied here. And speaking of Superman, totally loved that "statistically it's still the safest way to travel" reference and Felicity saying, 'isn't that planes?' LOL!

I loved how well Felicity fit in. Having her there worked perfectly and I loved how excited she was that she got to see Barry show off and then help him out to.

Okay how awesome was Captain Cold?! So glad to have Wentworth back on screen. I had a huge crush on him ages ago when he did 'Joan of Arcadia'. I'm not familiar with the man he was talking to there at the end.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh and I forgot to mention the ending. Loved it!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can someone explain the ending to me? The part with Wentworth/Captain Cold?
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

You mean the scene in with he was talking to Mick Roty aka Heat Wave. If so he was talking to Heat Wave and starting up his group called the Rouges

-Lisa-
Old 10-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay thanks. I'm not familiar with any of them.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
lol. yeah, theres quite an age gap. ww doesn't look 42 though.

felicity fit right into the show, part of me wishes she were on it. , she gives it a more interesting flavor imo
Yeah,he has a baby face. I never keep up with the age of most actors,unless it looks obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
What an episode.

This show is turning out to be my favorite new show yet and in general the Flash has always been my #4 superhero.

I swear what I would give for his speed!

Him multi-tasking between ping-pong, operation, and chess was freakin' awesome.

And Cisco, man what a great storyline for him this week. I can completely understand why he did that. It's basically like having Kryptonite on hand in case Superman turned out to be a villain. Loved that the same concept applied here. And speaking of Superman, totally loved that "statistically it's still the safest way to travel" reference and Felicity saying, 'isn't that planes?' LOL!

I loved how well Felicity fit in. Having her there worked perfectly and I loved how excited she was that she got to see Barry show off and then help him out to.

Okay how awesome was Captain Cold?! So glad to have Wentworth back on screen. I had a huge crush on him ages ago when he did 'Joan of Arcadia'. I'm not familiar with the man he was talking to there at the end.
Exactly and Peter and Chloe used Kryptonite to stop Clark when he was affected by the red Kryptonite on Smallville more than once. It's necessary and Harrison is taking the future thing too seriously. I like that Harrison beat Barry at chess-It kept him on his toes. I think aside from Iris, Felicity is probably his best friend. She gets the side of him he can't show Iris. It's s cool that there's kind of a PB reunion going on. All we need is Sarah Wayne Callies(sp?) and we're set.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

I just saw this episode agian fo the secodn time I heard something that I missed before, My best guess is because I was just so happy to see Captain Cold Adn that is while he is talking about the dinner that his grandfather use to take him, he mentioned that he took him and his sister. With means that there is a chace that we could see Lisa Snart aka the Golden Glider .

-Lisa-
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top