Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Flash vs. Arrow [1.08] - Part I of the Crossover Discussion [December 2nd, 2014]

[1.08] FLASH VS. ARROW
EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT WITH THE FLASH AND ARROW
Barry (Grant Gustin) is thrilled when Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell), Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) come to Central City to investigate a case involving a deadly boomerang. Excited about teaming up with his friend, Barry asks Oliver if he’d like to help him stop Ray Bivolo (guest star Patrick Sabongui), the meta-human Barry is currently tracking. Bivolo causes people to lose control of their emotions and has been using that skill to rob banks. Unfortunately, the superhero partnership doesn’t go as smoothly as Barry expected. When Oliver tells Barry he still has a lot to learn, Barry sets out to prove him wrong by attempting to stop Bivolo alone. However, when Bivolo infects Barry and sets him on a rage rampage, everyone is in danger, and the only one who can stop him is the Arrow. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is furious when Eddie (Rick Cosnett) tries to get a task force to stop The Flash, Joe and Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) agree the Arrow is a bad influence on Barry, and Caitlin and Cisco deal with a new team in S.T.A.R. Labs.
Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brooke Eikmeier (#108).
PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Crossover!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ten minutes in, and I'm already thinking "somuchlovesomuchlovesomuchlove!" This is how you do a crossover!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoyed this crossover! This episode had so much emotions for me in the end.

The A-Team on Flash was an A+ and I Diggle facial expression is just priceless anytime he saw Barry disappear in a second.

I loved the way the Oliver vs Barry fight happened.

Although I wasn't sure if I liked that Oliver's secret came out, I was happy at first when it was an agreement between the A-Team that they will keep Oliver as 'Arrow' as a secret... but when it came out, I was so/so about it so I don't know. I guess cause I don't really know what to think of Dr. Wells, I can understand why Oliver thought he was odd. lol

"Guys like us don't get the girl."
I'm not sure if I like that advice Oliver gave to Barry.

Also is Caitlin like in love with Barry now? For some reason it felt like Felicity was about to tell Barry that before she interrupted.

This episode ended with a shocker. Oh my goodness, I didn't expect to see so much. First the girl from Oliver's past. Like wow, I expected her to appear but not the way she appeared. I feel badly for her, she knows he's a father but she can't tell him. What a strange twist of fate for her to meet up with him right when he's in Central City. I just didn't see that. Another one of Moira secrets will come back for Oliver.

Iris not wanting to see Flash anymore because of what happened with Eddie.

We finally got to see Firestrom!

I mean it was so much in this episode that... just amazing!

Last edited by eternalfate; 12-02-2014 at 07:29 PM
Old 12-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Total Fan

*So apparently Barry is all about "the feels"

*Leave it to Diggle to have the most realistic (and humorous) reaction to Barry's powers. Poor guy lost his fries...

*Barry has so much hurt and anger inside. The fact that he's been able to overcome it in his day-to-day life (erm... when not being emotionally manipulated by a metahuman) just makes him more of a hero. On a side note: I hope he apologized to Caitlyn for that Ronnie crack.

*Barry can vibrate poison (tranqs) out of his system? Cool...

*Arrow vs Flash was an awesome fight!

*Iris cutting ties with The Flash - ouch. This just means Iris needs to find out the secret very soon.

*Eddie, I liked you. Going after the Flash though? Ehhhh... not liking you so much now -- And yes, I get that "The Flash" didn't exactly make a good first impression on Eddie, but I somehow think if Eddie found out it was Barry, he still wouldn't be very understanding. This is why Iris really needs to know the truth: She needs to protect her BFF.

*Last but not least - FIRESTORM! I clapped with excitement at seeing him... and was quickly teased by my big brother for being a geek. Ah well.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
*On a side note: I hope he apologized to Caitlyn for that Ronnie crack.

*Eddie, I liked you. Going after the Flash though? Ehhhh... not liking you so much now -- And yes, I get that "The Flash" didn't exactly make a good first impression on Eddie, but I somehow think if Eddie found out it was Barry, he still wouldn't be very understanding. This is why Iris really needs to know the truth: She needs to protect her BFF.

See I would agree with you on Caitlin if Barry was actually lying... she is so concerned for him because of what happened with Ronnie and I do believe she's secretly in love with him.
So at times she could be a bit demanding but I like the chemistry between them

I agree!... but it's too bad that Flash proved Eddie wrong. Even though it wasn't Barry fault, it was just all bad timing. lol
I agree if Iris knew the truth, she could understand things a lot better.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the episode and how they incorporated the crossover and the everything worked well

It was intense at times with barrys anger and the fight with arrow and the flash but I loved how they worked together and lol diggle meeting the flash priceless

yeah I was hoping oliver secret wouldn't come out but that dr wells has his methods,i I think he is a bit odd too,dunno if his good or bad and what he wants

I didn't expect to see a blast from the past either, should be interesting

I was sad when iris didn't want to see the flash anymore because of what happened,she doesn't know the whole story

firestrorm BAMF

really loved the episode,was ahmazing

{}
Old 12-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Before I get into offering my thoughts on the episode, I want to make sure that everybody is aware of something: whoever played the character of Ray Bivolo/Prism, it certainly wasn't Patrick Sabongui as the official synopsis claims that it was. Sabongui plays David Singh, Barry, Eddie, and Joe's boss at the CCPD.

Now, onto my thoughts on the episode itself:
Barry just running around doing random stuff was really weird... doubly so because it had absolutely nothing to do with anything else that happened in the episode. Had I been in charge of editing the episode, that's something that would've immediately hit the cutting room floor.

I liked Ray Bivolo's relatively unassuming nature and the way that we never found out exactly what caused him to be able to affect people's negative emotions the way that he could. It was not only a nice departure from the rest of the episodes and the way they've dealt with introducing their MotWs (Metahumans of the Week), it allowed most of the episode's plot to rightfully focus on Team Arrow's interactions with Barry and "Team Flash", and to explore the different ways that certain characters reacted to both the presence of The Arrow in Central City and the practical realities of Barry's activities as The Flash. Even with Joe on his side, it was somewhat inevitable that somebody in the CCPD might decide to take exception to what Barry has been doing with his 'free time', and it was nice to see that particular story point show up, something that I don't think would've been possible if the episode had spent time trying to explain Mr. Bivolo's abilities and their cause.

I do wish there'd been more of a focus on the plot point that will dominate the Arrow side of the crossover event - Digger Harkness' boomerang - but that's my only real complaint about the episode, and as far as 'macguffins' go, it was a pretty neat way to get "Team Arrow" to Central City and give them an excuse to interact with the members of "Team Flash".

Speaking of said interaction, there are three things that stood out to me about it that I want to briefly touch on:
* Diggle's reaction to what Barry can do was priceless, and played absolutely perfectly by David Ramsey

* I loved that the writers had Oliver basically voice what we as an audience have known since the Pilot: there's something 'off' about Harrison Wells. I just wish he'd said it within earshot of Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin

* There should've been more of a reaction from everybody in the room when Wells randomly outed Oliver as The Arrow, especially since he'd very shortly before asked Felicity to tell him who The Arrow was

* Oliver shooting arrows at Barry was a funny scene sequence, but didn't seem to have much point in and of itself, although I did like the scene where Felicity admits that she knew Oliver was planning to shoot Barry with arrows, especially his reaction and her "it's hard to tell when Oliver is joking" response

* Caitlin and Cisco walking in on a bra-clad Felicity after Barry had to rip her burning blouse off was perfectly played, and a perfect way to follow up on the obvious chemistry between Grant and Emily and the not-quite-resolved issues in their relationship from Felicity's previous trip to Central City

I've made it publicly known that I really want the writers/producers of this show to deviate from the comics and not pair Barry and Iris together, and was therefore really glad to see them take the bold step of severing the blooming relationship between her and Barry's red-clad alter-ego, because it's the first sign that they might end up giving me what I want to see, and also helps strengthen the relationship between Iris and Eddie - which I really enjoy - by giving them a 'common cause'. It also puts Iris on a very interesting path as far as her journalism and blogging activities goes.

Speaking of Eddie, I think tonight's episode pretty much cements it that, contrary to speculation, he's not going to turn out to be "The Man in the Yellow Suit" (whose proper debut will be coming next week), and I think that's great because it allows the writers to do things with his character that are far more interesting and nuanced than just having him be a bad guy.

We knew from the official synopsis for next week's episode that Ronnie was set to return, but I liked that we didn't actually have to wait until next week and got his official return in tonight's episode stinger. I'm not sure how this whole 'dual consciousness' thing is going to work vis a vis his character, but am interested to see what happens when he and Caitlin are reunited and if she ends up finding out about his fiery condition.

All in all, tonight's episode was a very satisfying way to kick off the 2-part crossover event between the two shows, but I also liked that the crossover wasn't the only thing that the episode set up, which can sometimes happen when you have big events of this kind (where the story is all about the crossover and not about stuff that's actually going to be pertinent beyond the crossover).
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 12-03-2014, 03:20 AM
New Fan

My 2 cents.

I liked the episode, but wait, how did they catch the meta human in the end?? they randomly shown keeping him in prison at starlabs

Well, Snow has feelings for Barry?? I dont see it that way, her care comes across as genuine and she is aware of Barry's love for Iris, but then again she did warn him about going in btw Iris and Eddie so donno(Sorry lah, I am more of Iris and Barry's fan , lol ) ..

Interaction btw flash and Arrow is good ( i dont follow arrow) and well barry as flash need to learn a lot....

Barry's hurt, anger everything came out wow, his out brust was all pent up emotions for years.

So, Since Iris is not going to see Flash anymore, how is it going to effect relation of Iris and barry , that guy will not open his mouth and episode hinted Iris/Barry and Iris/Flash is not happening and neither is Flash/Felocity

Wonder what will be Joe;s part in Eddie's Huntdown for Flash. will he talk to Iris about Flash or so??

Its good but something was lacking in episode (My perception alone) may be the way metahuman was caught or so on.

Excited for Firestorm and snow watching his pic *sobs*
Old 12-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dude freakin' awesome ep!

I loved the Arrow/Flash fight.

Iris I'm not sure about. She knew something was off with the Flash when he confronted them and then she goes around and takes Eddie's side? Not cool.

The partnership between Arrow's team and Flash's team was killer!

It didn't surprise me that Wells knew who the Arrow was. I don't know what to make of Wells. Never do. LOL!

And OMG Ollie's baby mamma, so was not expecting that one!

Gah, Ronnie! (it's weird using that name for someone else since that's my actual name )
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My 2 cents:

Barry found his red kryptonite
The scenes between Oliver and Barry were great...like that they both learned something.

Barry's truth bombs - Caitlin is continually over protective of Barry hence the Ronnie comment..not because she's in love with him (I don't think she's there yet..only in the beginning stages of attraction I think)

With his authority figures/Oliver...I think that's just natural resentment

Poor Flash losing Iris

also..not enough Diggle

Last edited by Wingster; 12-03-2014 at 08:57 AM
Old 12-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Iris I'm not sure about. She knew something was off with the Flash when he confronted them and then she goes around and takes Eddie's side? Not cool.
It's understandable. She doesn't know anything about The Flash, and even though she knew something was off, he retorted with "You don't know who I am..." so of course she sided with her boyfriend in this case, since Eddie was the one getting beaten up by this out-of-control metahuman who can do a lot of damage with those powers (and just imagine what a menace Oliver would have been if he had super powers with all his anger issues).

Let's face it - Iris saw a scary side to her "Hero" for the first time, and that idealized vision she had of him has now been ruined. It turns out The Flash is HUMAN after all, with all these messy emotions and stuff.

That attitude will change when she finds out he's Barry, of course.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You do make some valid points

She had blind faith in the Flash and then after his attack she lost it. And it is only natural to lose faith in your heroes every once in a while.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed

Those tasty fries
Old 12-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

hilarious scene.
i love every single minute of it.
the comedy moments, the fight.....
wonderful crossover
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top