Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really loved the introduction being by Iris. Felt that it really made sense and having her as Team!Leader also made sense associated to how Barry told her to run. So it makes sense for her to take on leadership affiliated to keeping Team!Flash together. Also keeping the city safe in his place made sense

OMFG "I don't see a duck" boys really surprised they really thought a literal duck

TeamVibe where Team KidFlash didn't work at all. Loved here that Iris is giving them trouble about them not catching them. Iris getting them to train and Wally at first giving her trouble

FAMILY DINNER storage problem with Cecile trying to get ruined of the Vinyl collection. Joe saying how much he loves his vinyl "maybe bury them now and you can join them later"

Joe bringing up needing to replace Barry. Iris saying that Barry is not coming back and Iris saying she is being strong for Barry. Her commenting about how she can't breakdown and has to keep going

Not being able to sleep in the bed and sleeping on the sofa

OH MAN whose this - no rest for TeamVibe with a new villain

HOW DOES WALLY know Japanese? Oh this dude wants The Flash and boys trying to act all tough

OH Cisco telling of what he has been doing over the last 6 months. Iris getting mad at him for it. Joe with Cisco but than Iris naming all the things uncertain Trying so hard to be strong

So weird seeing Caitlin as a bartender but absolutely love Cisco|Caitlin scene here. Claiming that she's only Caitlin. Cisco asking for Caitlin's help on getting Barry out. What's up with this dude though

Time to see the Team all out without Iris affiliated to trying to bring Barry back. Caitin with the West's and the hug between Joe|Caitlin think that Cecile was the least of what she should have been sorry for, think more like what happened to Iris

Really wonder how they planned to trick the speed force was that ball meant to find Barry and than make it seem as if he was still there

Iris coming right at the time of their "failure" but instead it shows that Barry indeed does get put back but naked and a mess - love the

Iris does feel like she's more angry at Caitlin due to how she hasn't been around

BARRY though time for them to see how Bar's all rambling and making no sense regarding his symbols. Well he knows his name and looks happy to see Iris|everybody. Grant was remarkable

Iris can't believe her eyes but can just see she's breaking due to how he's rambling and just everything of how he is Somebody mentioned his rambling is both past|future which makes sense

Really wonder though why he's so much faster and so much healthier. Just regarding Speed Force has made him stronger? So really hope both his speed and the symbols are actually important

Flashback to Lady GaGa

Iris's expressions Candice really did have her down this episode. One of the first times actually really liked Iris. "we are going to need more diapers" - everywhere people are going about WA Twins reference

Iris having her scene alone with Barry just the tears and her words to him loved her in this scene - its why I strongly am on her side of how she handled it. She stayed strong and keep running, not allowing herself hope or she would have broke. Her putting her head on his shoulder and activated his speed to zoom extremely crazy fast

Caitlin "Expecting somebody else?"

Wally wasn't a fan of him going out there pretending to be the Flash and than gets himself majorly hurt Wally also trying to get up 4-5 hours but no way he was going to be able too

Cisco his confession of just wanting his best friend back. Though Cisco's comment about missing Caitlin was great

"This house is bitchin" but poor Cisco finally giving in to it not being Barry. Not gonna be able to bring Barry back - Cisco saying the new suit was a waste of time. Cisco telling Caitlin about everything on missing Barry missing his best friend

This scene though just the sheer act of watching Joe giving Barry a shaven plus just loved Barry's pure innocent expression. "You said it yourself - she goes looking for danger"

Joe|Iris this scene is pure amazing with Joe saying that he returned to Church related to Cecile turning him to Church. "Strength means nothing without faith" this scene and conversation really got to Iris

"COME GET ME" chills when she goes to him and says that. Just the whole scene of watching her watch him than what she does affiliated to giving herself up to this guy

She has finally found her faith and found her believe. Also love back at Star Labs when Joe knows exactly what to do - he knows his child. watching this of Barry back and with the new suit. Time for Flash to save Iris - Iris's reaction when she sees her

Oh noes Windmills

Their reunion here though related to their great conversation "Always

"Feel like I've been reborn" Barry looking all light and just happy. So great that he's light hearted and want more of it BUT at the same time think something needs to happen from it

Barry|Cisco hug and Iris thanking Cisco for believing when she couldnt

May be alone on liking the fact of that Caitlin may not have complete control. I'm a huge fan of Killer Frost - so am looking forward too more of it. Plus want more info on how Caitlin was able to regain so face too
Old 10-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't watch it live but I read spoilers and saw gifs.

What I liked:

Cisco's main enthusiasm to bring his boy back, good to see the kindhearted lovable Cisco again.

Wally and the gang trying to stop metas on their own. I loved that at least they tried.

Everything with Caitlin and Killer Frost. They needed her to bring Barry back, Cisco wouldn't start without her. I love how loyal they are to Barry, they never gave up. Especially loved the teaser at the end of with KF walking through the street alley preparing for fun.

Grant's acting, this dude was killing it. The rang on him is amazing.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed Grant really continues to impress me with his acting been feeling it since 2nd season
Old 10-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

This house is bitchin!

Posting my thoughts soon. Also just realized most of my season 3 thoughts are on a Word file and I never posted them, so I should bump season 3 episode discussions as well .

Anyway, loved the episode, The Thinker looks really cool and I'm glad Barry is back and Iris slays as the leader.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope she stays leader TBH 4x01 seeing her as leader had me captivated had me interested in Iris which seriously doesn't happen - never disliked her but never really was about her
Old 10-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

She's finally getting more to do and I'm so glad!

Also love this new Caitlin!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm intrigued as always related to Caitlin especially her last scene so want answers to how she thinks she has "mastered" being just Caitlin - like an episode where Killer Frost comes back and Caitin can't regain control - still want Killer Frost where last season was Meh
Old 10-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hopefully this really will be a season of lightheartedness, & the wool wasn't pulled over our eyes.

I have a confession to make. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing this. I'm getting tired of people demanding that all of our superhero shows and movies be "light-hearted" or "funny". Is this what we're moving into? The Age of Froth? If this is how Season Four is going to end up, I'll just end up going through the motions. I want a balance of DRAMA and humor, as it has been for the past three seasons.

Seasons One and Two were just as angsty in their own ways, as Season Three. And the latter season also had its humorous scenes and episodes. I don't see the need to have one or the other, when that has not been the case since the series first premiered.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Flash Reborn

Highlights of the episode:

The Team - watching them attempt to protect the city and keep everything going, highlighted how they are heroes in their own right.

Iris and Cisco - not their dynamic together but them as individuals. In Season 2 when Barry decided to do things by himself it was Iris and Cisco who kept going. Again with Barry gone, it's Iris and Cisco that keep going. Aside from Joe, they are the two characters that immensely help Barry grow as a hero.

Iris as Team Leader - a brilliant idea by the writers. She has strength, smarts and tenacity everything that is needed in a leader. It allows greater agency and Candice Patton is completely in her element.

Barry's Speedforce Insanity - Grant did worked that material. All the callbacks to Season 1 with his gibberish.

Iris' faith/ Barry's break through - The scenes between Grant Gustin and Candice were masterfully acted. The emotional depth and heartbreak portrayed by Candice. From the CCPD scene to their private scene in the Lab. That single tear that ran down her face. "Tell me you're still my Barry". Then Barry's powers activate. It was great, as always they continue to make their connection powerful and transcending. "Come get me", that line was badass and chilling. So was the way he busted out. He didn't even wait for Joe to open the doors. The writers are so invested in their relationship and what that means for Barry's journey as a hero.

Downsides:

Making Wally weak - He's a Speedster too. There's no reason he can't be as great as Barry but they have to act like he's inferior in order to keep Barry as the titular hero. Wally was adorable with the "duck" and speaking in Spanish. They just need to navigate that better.

More of the Team without Barry - I wish he would have been gone longer. I wanted to see more of the Team's six month journey.

Caitlin/Killer Frost - I love antagonists and anti heroes but the Killer Frost storyline does not gel. This tweet summarises my endless disappointment. She's struggling again. Keeping it from everyone. Again. Do they have any intended trajectory for her outside of this rinse repeat?

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 10-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I have a confession to make. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing this. I'm getting tired of people demanding that all of our superhero shows and movies be "light-hearted" or "funny". Is this what we're moving into? The Age of Froth? If this is how Season Four is going to end up, I'll just end up going through the motions. I want a balance of DRAMA and humor, as it has been for the past three seasons.

Seasons One and Two were just as angsty in their own ways, as Season Three. And the latter season also had its humorous scenes and episodes. I don't see the need to have one or the other, when that has not been the case since the series first premiered.
Season 1 and 2 were fine. The biggest issue was Season 3 where one of the main characters was miserable in the first half, and another main character had death looming over her in the second half.

People aren't saying there shouldn't be any drama - drama drives stories so you definitely need it - but The Flash does not need Season 3 levels of "dark" again.

Let Arrow be the dark show every season, and let The Flash shine with a little more light than it did in Season 3.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:45 AM
Supreme Fan

I think Caitlin is trying to learn how to channel her Killer Frost persona when the situation calls for it. If she wanted to get rid of the powers like she did in s3, she'd take the cure. It's a different story but the writers need to pick a lane and stick to it. Either Killer Frost is the manifestation of Caitlin's darkest thoughts, or it's a foreign entity that inhabits her body. They can't have it both ways.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Upon my I don't know, forth rewatch, the scene where Joe cleans up Barry, I just love it. I love how Joe looks at Barry, it's so heartbreaking and beautiful. He has Barry back but not really. He wants to say, Barry, please son, come back. So much focus is on Iris and rightfully so, but Joe missed his son. I just loved it, in case that wasn't clear.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved it from the first viewing and saw the episode twice
Old 01-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

One of the best episodes of the season.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

^ Stand by what I said. Really enjoyed it.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top