Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2019, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

A Flash Of The Lightning [6.02] - Episode Discussion [October 15th, 2019]

[6.02] A FLASH OF THE LIGHTNING
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ JOHN WESLEY SHIPP TO GUEST STAR ϟ
Faced with the news of his impending death, Barry’s (Grant Gustin) resiliency suffers as he struggles to fight fate. Meanwhile, Cecile’s (Danielle Nicolet) career as a D.A. conflicts with her identity when she crosses paths with a villainous meta-human.
Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Jeff Hersh (#602).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 10-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Total Fan

• I’m glad Iris pointed out that the article was completely different than before. I was worried the show would forget that.

Writer #1: How do we save money on Frost’s eye and voice FX?
Writer #2: Nanites!

• Nice to see that Barry can make tech occasionally himself! I guess maybe he DOES create Gideon at some point in the future.

• Hi Jay! So nice to see you again. And it’s nice to meet Joan finally

• Red skies! Barry disintegrating! These scenes are straight from the comics.

• Cisco and Frost are great together.

• Esperanza works for some secret shady organization? Is it possible that Supergirl’s Leviathan is on more than one Earth?

• Wait, Barry’s actually doing stuff without STAR Labs in his ear? I actually like him talking to Gideon better than always talking to Cisco or Caitlin.

• Hey, Dr. Ramsey – Do you want to start the zombie apocalypse? Because THAT is how you start the zombie apocalypse!

Last edited by Elektra; 10-15-2019 at 08:36 PM
Old 10-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Have to say for the 2nd week in a row, I'm not very impressed w/Bloodwork. Maybe in the coming weeks, but for now...meh.

Also have to say that I'm not impressed w/the Citizen new hire, Allegra (even though she's WAY easier to take than Kamilla). Wasn't impressed w/her powers, & her sister... Hope we NEVER see her again. Unfortunately, we probably will. Just wish she'd take Kamilla w/her. Speaking of, exactly WHY is her character needed again?

While on the subject of useless characters, WHEN will they finally OFF KF?! Her character has been retconned so much it leaves you stymied. The only time I agreed w/her is when she said that Kamilla doesn't know how to focus her photographs.

All of the above took away valuable time from the heart & backbone of this story:
WA fam & Jay and Joan Garrick. I really enjoyed seeing the Garricks, & I hope they aren't obliterated like
Spoiler:
It was like watching Barry's parents interacting w/him & Iris.

And oh how I missed Joe's pep talks w/Barry. Remembering what Joe told him helped him to persevere against UltraViolet. And I like how he told Joe a crisis was coming, w/out really telling him.

What can I say? WA owns me!! They MADE this ep. And Barry actually made Mobile Gideon w/out anyone's help?! THIS is how Barry should have been written all along. I hope this ends his reliance on "Team Flash". And WA working on their problem, together & ALONE is how it should be. They are each other's support system, after all.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Total Fan

Just an FYI -- at first I thought the secret organization that Esperanza was working for was somehow connected to Leviathan on Supergirl.

When I watched the episode again, however, I noticed there was a pin on the lapel of one of the two guys hovering over an unconscious Esperanza. The logo on the lapel pin was for an organization called BLACK HOLE, whose main goal is to exploit the Speed Force for their own use.

Here's a picture of the logo on a costume from the comics:

And a picture of the lapel pin from the TV show:

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top