Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 04:21 AM
Supreme Fan

I wish

It's never going to happen but I want The Flash to be kept out of the big crossover. Our characters are either used as props or forgotten
Old 02-21-2018, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Exactly. Which doesn't make sense given it's the highest rated show but when do they ever make sense.

They better at least make them separate next year. Not a dumb "four hour movie" like Guggenheim deluded himself into believing it was.

The Flash episode was the worst one of the whole crossover. I thought it would be the one I'd actually watch. Nope. I ended up only watching the Supergirl one and watching Iris clips on YT.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Supreme Fan

The Arrow one was the worst for me but The Flash was a close second. Barry had no point of view over getting stuck on another Earth. It was so ugly I think Iris had more to do than Barry in that episode which was a first

I enjoyed Supergirl the most but they still managed to make me mad by making the Westallen rehearsal dinner about anyone but them

I think it makes sense to focus on the other characters because The Flash is the highest rated show and they want to sell the others to the Flash viewers so Oliver and Kara, etc. are the ones that need some propping. The point is that it's too late. It doesn't work. It's been years and the crossover viewers don't stick around for the rest of the season.

Another thing is that they lied through the promo material. Barry and Iris and their wedding got two posters, lots of promo stills but among all the crossover pairings (Oliver and Felicity, Kara and Alex, Martin and Jax) they got the least focus, which wasn't fair at all.

Also, if they want more viewers for Arrow, Supergirl, etc. they need to use the Flash characters for the mini-crossovers. Felicity keeps popping up on The Flash while it's Barry that, historically speaking, has brought viewers to both Arrow and Supergirl every time he made an appearance, no matter how small or insignificant. I really don't understand their thought process behind those mini-crossovers
Old 02-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Wow, I applaud anyone who had the strength to watch the episodes.

Propping Arrow and Supergirl when they are seasons into their show doesn't make much sense to me. I get why they did it with LoT in S2. I hated it but I understood. It didn't help though. So they should just stop altogether for my sake.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

What both of you said .

I feel like they prop Arrow and Supergirl so much because they have the most ship-oriented fandoms of the bunch. It's the CW we're talking about .
Old 02-23-2018, 05:38 AM
Supreme Fan

It's not just about ships because Karamel wasn't a part of this year crossover. Olicity may be the most Internet popular ship but no Supergirl ship comes close to it, not to the point that they are much more popular than Westallen. Crack ships involving Kara seem to have more passionate and loud fans than the canon couples Sanvers was also loved.

Also, they call Westallen the Gold Standard and the Perfect Couple but then they didn't get the screen time that the other got so what was even the point? It's upsetting because they seem to love them as a concept but they exploited them for bait and switch moments and often have others hijack their plots (Iris' plots...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Wow, I applaud anyone who had the strength to watch the episodes.
I watched for Iris I didn't watch the entirety of the Invasion crossover
Old 02-24-2018, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

*Throws all crossovers into the fire for all our sake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)

I watched for Iris I didn't watch the entirety of the Invasion crossover
Philanthropist.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:54 AM
Supreme Fan

The Flash fans never get much from crossovers
Old 02-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
It's not just about ships because Karamel wasn't a part of this year crossover. Olicity may be the most Internet popular ship but no Supergirl ship comes close to it, not to the point that they are much more popular than Westallen. Crack ships involving Kara seem to have more passionate and loud fans than the canon couples Sanvers was also loved.

Also, they call Westallen the Gold Standard and the Perfect Couple but then they didn't get the screen time that the other got so what was even the point? It's upsetting because they seem to love them as a concept but they exploited them for bait and switch moments and often have others hijack their plots (Iris' plots...).
Old 03-14-2018, 03:40 AM
Master Fan

The team is working well together and supporting one another.
Philanthropist.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Both Anissa and Jennifer are starting to come into their powers and soon ready to fully accept their roles on Black Lightning as both Thunder and Lightning. I think its time for the crossover talks to begin in the writers room again
Old 03-25-2018, 03:51 AM
Supreme Fan

I think they want to keep Black Lightning separated but they may consider a crossover in case they need a ratings boost.

Maybe next season.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

Unless the writers of Black Lightning have full control over the crossover. I vote no.
Philanthropist.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I vote yes if Iris crosses over.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Unless the writers of Black Lightning have full control over the crossover. I vote no.
Understandable
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top