Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2016, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fast Lane [2.12] - Episode Discussion [February 2nd, 2016]

[2.12] FAST LANE
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ WALLY FLIRTS WITH DANGER ϟ
Barry (Grant Gustin) teams up with Wells (Tom Cavanagh) to figure out a way to close the breaches, but they are distracted by a meta-human nicknamed Tar Pit (guest star Marco Grazzini) who can transform into liquid asphalt. Iris (Candice Patton) is concerned for Wally’s (Keiynan Lonsdale) safety after she finds out about his drag racing hobby. When he refuses to stop she makes a bold move that puts her in danger.
Rachel Talalay directed the episode with story by Brooke Eikmeier and teleplay by Kai Yu Wu & Joe Peracchio (#212).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 02-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for this one
Old 02-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Total Fan

- It took Tar Pit two years to "wake up"?

- Wally and his need for speed. All in good time, Wally. All in good time…

Wally acting like the embarrassed younger brother when Iris showed up at the street race area. Loving the Wally/Iris bonding.

- Yes! Barry used his speed learning finally. We haven't really seen that on the show yet!

- So much Iris today! I declare this episode better than all of 2A combined!
1) Iris being all investigative reporter-like.
2) Iris helping Team Flash find their perp.
3) Iris being a presence in this episode from beginning to end instead of disappearing half-way through

Can we have more of this, show? PLEASE?!

- Awwww, look at Harry and Barry bond--- **Harry throws brush at Barry** ---er… never mind.

- I love Barry being all adult and mature, and smart and sciency, and empathetic and understanding... and just plain ol' heroic by offering to help Wells despite the betrayal. Fantastic! We need more of this Barry!

BUT… where was Barry when Iris was in the hospital? Yes, he was showing concern and worry for her at STAR Labs, but I still wanted a bedside scene.

- Zoom is a speedforce junkie. It's like a drug to him.

- Well, at least they didn't kill the bad guy this time. Bring on Earth 2!

Last edited by Elektra; 02-02-2016 at 07:47 PM
Old 02-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought Barry and the others were aware, by now, that the other Harrison Wells (in their universe) was murdered years ago by the Reverse Flash. So, why is Barry still referring to the Harrison Wells of his universe as "evil"?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, that was refreshing...

IRIS!!!! She finally gets her own agency (which doesn't revolve around Barry), & actually has her own fair amount of screentime!!! This is how Iris should be handled (@ the writers). I thought she was great in this ep, from calling out her dad on his bff attitude toward Wally; Wally's standoff-ishness; & being the investigative reporter that we've been dying to see all season. I hope the reporters continue writing her this way.

Wally was a little more likeable in this ep, especially when he explained his "need for speed." Seeing the West family bond, was to me, the highlight of the episode.

Also glad that Harry came clean about was he was doing, & Barry showed a little more maturity than I've seen all season. @ the writers, keep that going as well.

All in all, this was definitely one of the better eps this season (the other 2 being The Darkness & the Light & Enter Zoom. Hopefully, we'll only go up from here.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought Barry and the others were aware, by now, that the other Harrison Wells (in their universe) was murdered years ago by the Reverse Flash. So, why is Barry still referring to the Harrison Wells of his universe as "evil"?
That's just how they're used to refer to him

All the relationships that I've missed the past season are in this episode...
Old 02-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes i liked this episode again it was a great West episode Iris was fantastic in it people complained that barry wasnt there for her in the hospital which is true but tbh i like that he wasnt i like this connection that they are having outside of Barry

Also love the other team all working together again no outside reminds me of season 1
Old 02-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes i liked this episode again it was a great West episode Iris was fantastic in it people complained that barry wasnt there for her in the hospital which is true but tbh i like that he wasnt i like this connection that they are having outside of Barry

Also love the other team all working together again no outside reminds me of season 1
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top