Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was not a fan of Iris/ Eddie... especially since Eddie was Joes partner... but the Producers had to give Iris to someone in the first season outside of Team Flash
Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll just keep my opinion to myself I have the same opinion about Barry/Iris that I do associated to Oliver/Laurel I'm good with friendship and maybe in the future become a shipper but its just if they are destined like I believe I've heard that they are in the comics. Give it time and plenty of time, so that's why I d when Eddie said to screw destiny
Old 05-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
As anyone considered the consequences of Eddie' s actions? How did Barry managed to remain the Flash, if Eobard Thawne ceased to exist? And if the latter ceased to exist, what happened to Barry's parents in the past? Or the real Harrison Wells?

My thoughts exactly! My only problem with the finale is that the writers ignored the "grandfather paradox" of time-travel. If Eddie killing himself prevents Eobard Thawne from being born, thus erasing him from existence, then how can he go back in time and become Barry's enemy in the near future, and then go back even further and kill Barry's mother? Technically, Barry's mom should now be alive since Eobard was never born, and Barry would no longer be The Flash, since the particle accelerator wouldn't go online until 2020 because the real Harrison Wells would still be alive. So in reality, an alternate timeline would be created in which Eobard Thawne would be once again trapped in the present-day and unable to return to his home in the future because he no longer exists there. He really shouldn't have disappeared the way he did because otherwise, everything he did in the past would also no longer exist. He'd more than likely end up being a man trapped out of time, from an alternate timeline that no longer exists. But then that would kinda take away the nobility of Eddie's sacrifice, wouldn't it? Oh well, never let science get in the way of a good story.

And speaking of "alternate realities," did everyone notice that when the wormhole opened up as Eobard Thawne was about to return home, the helmet of Jay Garrick, the original Flash, popped through the portal and landed on the floor of the particle accelerator? If the CW is gonna tease us this much, they'd better find a way to work Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern into the CW universe, Zack Snyder be damned. It's the Chekhov's Gun principle; don't show us the damn gun in the first act if you're not gonna fire it by the final act.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved this episode. I called Eddie's death 4 weeks ago, my moms face was great. She wasike how did you know?! It was so sad and so was his mother dying
Old 05-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex that's why my boyfriend who jumped right into a similar "rant" about the episode right after we finished it confused me

Its all frakked up that's my only opinion at this point
Old 05-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
Alex that's why my boyfriend who jumped right into a similar "rant" about the episode right after we finished it confused me

Its all frakked up that's my only opinion at this point

Hi, Sarah! Well, it's basically this. The grandfather paradox doesn't exist. If I went back in time and killed my grandfather before my father was born, I wouldn't just vanish out of existence like Marty McFly and his polaroid. That would be impossible because then I wouldn't have been able to go back in time and kill my grandfather in the first place. All that would happen is that an alternate timeline would be created where I no longer exist, and I'd be trapped in a timeline where I was never born. That would suck, but at least I wouldn't be erased from existence. And the only way I could set things right would be to travel further back in time to the point just before the me from the past arrived in the past, and then kill my past self before he could kill my grandfather. Then I could return to my own time and it would still be the same one that I left behind, and the future would be right again. Try wrapping your head around that one.

Once again, no one has a comment on Jay Garrick's original Flash helmet falling out of the wormhole?
Old 05-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think comments have been made about Jay's helmet in the thread

I don't want to wrap my head around that

Makes sense though, Well's shouldn't have just vanished
Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I loved this episode. I called Eddie's death 4 weeks ago, my moms face was great. She wasike how did you know?! It was so sad and so was his mother dying
you did? I didn't see it coming...unless you know about Rick's one year contract being over
Old 05-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I kinda figured that Barry wouldn't save his mom. After all, if he was meant to, wouldn't his future self already have done that the first time when he followed Reverse-Flash into the past? So it made sense when future Barry, The Flash, shook his head "no" at his younger self and told him not to do it.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
the episode was a let down for me.... it seemed like more than half of the episode was -- should I go back in time and save my mom? what do you think?--- the Episode didn't get started for me until he actually went back in time

the ending was similar to the cartoon movie FlashPoint where there is a Global threat... but in FlashPoint...the Global threat was different and not related to the effects if time traveling.
I agree, Dave. Too much talking about going back to the past and not enough action. It seemed like a filler --- like a lead up to a big, explosive finale.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
I agree, Dave. Too much talking about going back to the past and not enough action. It seemed like a filler --- like a lead up to a big, explosive finale.
Oliver's appearance in 1x22 with the showdown with Reverse-Flash was more a finale like episode
Old 05-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Total Fan

Anyone think they might Eureka the show because they took Eobard out of the equation?

For those that didn't watch Eureka, there was a big time travel plot that undid the first 2 or so seasons of story and character development. The only people who remembered the original timeline were the ones who did the time travelling, and the show continued in the NEW timeline until the end of the series (another 2 or so seasons).

In The Flash's case, only Barry and possibly Cisco would remember anything.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anything is possible too much to think about
Old 05-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My mind is still blown
Old 05-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow what an amazing and awesome episode
I was on the edge of my seat

eddie was def a hero didn't see that coming

yeah im confused at why he didn't end up saving his mum and the other flash told him not too

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top