Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Family Of Rogues [2.03] - Episode Discussion [October 20th, 2015]

[2.03] FAMILY OF ROGUES
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ MICHAEL IRONSIDE GUEST STARS AS LEWIS SNART ϟ
When Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team find out Captain Cold (guest star Wentworth Miller) has been kidnapped, they form an uneasy alliance with his sister, Lisa (guest star Peyton List). However, Barry feels double-crossed when he finds out Snart is working with his father, Lewis Snart (guest star Michael Ironside) on a heist. Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) is faced with a difficult decision.
John Showalter directed the episode written by Julian Meiojas & Katherine Walczak (#203).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 10-20-2015, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oooh wentworth miller.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

i loved tonight's episode. It's finally what I've been waiting for since the finale. The first two was just a lot of set up and felt underwhelming for me at times. This episode had a lot of great things.

We had Iris being a total bad ass in the opening scene. It was nice to see her not only doing her job but be awesome at it. The her trusting Barry enough to jump out that window. That's love. She actually had stuff to do tonight.

We learn what really happened with Iris' mother and why Joe lied and said she was dead. Such a great Iris/Joe scene when he told her the truth.

We had Captian Cold and his sister back. They had a good story line they made the very sympathetic "Villians." I still think Wentworth plays Captian Cold just like he did Michael Scofield but luckily it works. So I can't hate to much.

Once again Cisco/Lisa totally sexy chemistry. I'm just not sure I can root for Cisco to be with someone so morally gray will call it.

I stil think I find the actor playing Jay as bland. Although, i do see chemistry between him and Caitlin. His best scenes for seem to be with her. Maybe I can root for this ship. Don't worry Ronnie you'll always be number one in my heart though. I'll just have to get over you along with Caitlin.

It was fun seeing Barry infiltrate the gang and try and play Snart's father. I enjoyed that very much.

I like Barry/Snart stuff in prison very much. Barry is always able to try and see the best in people. I like that about him.

Patty wasn't as annoying this epiosde. So there is something as well. Maybe I can like her after all.

I still love Stein beyond what I think anyone should. I think I'll be devastated when he leaves for Legends.

So earth 2 wells drops by for a visit. Is he evil?

Oh and on a completely shallow note.... I don't really like Linda's short hair.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 10-20-2015 at 06:14 PM
Old 10-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Total Fan

I was all ready to come in here and talk about how awesome this episode was... until they cut out the heart-to-heart that GG and CP were talking about on their twitter feeds. Was it more important to show us Patty giving Barry her phone number than giving Barry/Iris some character development?! WTF?

Aside from that... Iris was being awesome, and Barry was actually using his brain without having to check with STAR Labs, so at least that was something?

Oh, and Shady!Wells arrived on Earth 1
Old 10-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Scenes that require the narrative to elaborate on Iris' POV seem to always get deleted, apparently.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

I don't follow spoilers for Flash. So i thought the episode was great. Probably the best of the season so far at least for me.

We had a good Barry/Iris moment at the beginning of the episode when he saved her. Also a really good Joe/Iris moment. Maybe this scene you were talking about was cut to keep these. Or maybe the fact that they are trying to set up Barry/Patty caused them to,ditch it. Who knows.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I don't follow spoilers for Flash. So i thought the episode was great. Probably the best of the season so far at least for me.

We had a good Barry/Iris moment at the beginning of the episode when he saved her. Also a really good Joe/Iris moment. Maybe this scene you were talking about was cut to keep these. Or maybe the fact that they are trying to set up Barry/Patty caused them to,ditch it. Who knows.
They could have cut out Patty giving Barry her phone number. Can't it just be a given that he got it?

But both GG and CP promoted the "heart-to-heart" scene. If they were going to cut it, they shouldn't have had the leads promoting it (or at least give them a heads up and tell them NOT to promote it).

Don't get me wrong, out of the 3 Season 2 episodes that have aired, I liked this one the best... but I was really looking forward to seeing Iris's POV after finding out her Mom is alive. It seemed more like she was comforting her dad -- who LIED to her -- than reacting to the news.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

I liked the episode and it was awesome as usual. I think they're writing Cold to be like the relationship Oliver has with Malcolm Merlyn. It was great and there were no heroes and villains here, just regular ordinary people caught up in nasty situations. I think they're setting the stage for Legends here and I liked Patti. I don't know how her interactions with Barry were in the comics, but are the writers sticking with how it was originally written or are they changing it a bit? Can anyone comment on that? I like how they're further exploring the Firestorm plotline. I think from the promo that someone is coming in to take Ronnie's place for the time being. I don't think its Jason Rusch, cause we met him last season; so this guy might be Mikhail Arkadin. Were there others that formed the Firestorm Matrix as well in the comics?
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Total Fan

^I'll describe New 52, since that seems to be the version of the relationship they're focusing on for the TV show: Patty was a CSI who worked with Barry at CCPD in the comics, and her and Barry's relationship started to develop while they were working together. She wasn't necessarily "cute" or "quirky". She was actually a bit bland.

Anyway, they dated and even moved in together for a while. She found out he was the Flash early on, I believe... but then proper!Barry got stuck in some speedforce dimension for a bit, and an alt-future!Barry showed up and took his place, killing a bunch of people he had fore-knowledge of knowing would go on to commit crimes (some of them hadn't committed any crime yet), and when proper!Barry came back and alt-future!Barry was defeated (thanks to alt-Wally West), Patty decided to dump proper!Barry because "you have his face" or some such thing (on a side note, New-52!Iris is also secretly in-love with Barry, but he's a bit clueless about that right now).

So... we'll see how this plays out in the show. If Zoom turns out to be some evil version of Earth-2!Barry, it might just end the same way, since alt-future!Barry in the comics was all dressed in black/blue, and had blue lightning and scary-looking glowing blue eyes (a lot like Zoom in the TV show ).
Old 10-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Solid episode..it seems they're setting up something big (and I don't just mean LoT)
Old 10-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally an episode that I can say that I loved this season. The first two ranged from ok to good. And this was a Rogues episode (some of their episodes were not my favorite last season)!

Iris was such a badass and owned this episode . Even if I knew I'd be saved, I don't know if I would be able to jump. I'm glad Barry was there for her and I'm enjoying these friendship moments before they inevitably get together for the first time.

Then there was the Francine plot. I think it has a lot of promise and in a way I liked that she didn't disappear because of some speedster/meta-human plot twist. It's damn sad that she's an addict, but I believe this story is more relatable than if she got kidnapped by Zoom or something.

Candice and Jesse slayed and that scene broke my heart. Iris , I knew she would forgive Joe. I wish we had seen her reunion with Francine this episode, though. Such a tease!

Caitlin was cute and I can see the chemistry with Jay, but I can't help but think it's too soon. It was cute that she wanted him to stay and to watch Cisco and Barry's reactions.

Jay is really cool and I'm glad he's around. I just can't see him as a scientist, but ok.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I wasn't her biggest fan last season, but I was so happy to see Linda again! And she was happy for Iris! That's how you do it, writers! If this episode proved one thing is that this show has great female characters full of potential and waiting to be fleshed out. I would so watch an Iris/Linda/Lisa/Caitlin spin-off. Patty is just okay, I mean, I don't hate her nor do I love her. It's just that the whole "avenging my dad" thing is so cliché at this point that I don't know. Still, she would make for a good recurring character. And that's all.

They finally added some depth to Lenny and Lisa, which I loved. Can we keep Lisa, please? Peyton is amazing . And I so ship Golden Vibe . That kiss was a long time coming! Lewis was a great villain, I just wish he wasn't killed off so soon. I'd take him as a season long villain over Zoom any day. Zoom looks and sounds scary, but they're being too slow with his story. Lewis made a great entrance.

My God, do Barry and Patty have absolutely zero chemistry ! It's so awkward between the two of them, and not good awkward, just bad, "please drop it before it even starts" awkward. Captain Cold's gun was hotter than these two. But maybe that's the point, right? No other woman in Barry's life will ever compare to Iris West.

Awesome episode, I thought I'd hate it but I loved it. They're setting up LoT characters without making the whole show about them. There was something for everyone and these are the best episodes IMO.

ETA: EXCUSE ME WRITERS, BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BARRY/IRIS HEART TO HEART PROMOTED BY GRANT AND CANDICE?

SERIOUSLY?

And they kept those [sarcasm]sizzling[/sarcasm] CC Jitters Batty scenes.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

watched the pisode to, and i only agree with you guys, the Patty/barry moments i was cringing i was like oh gosh stop it this is too fake and akward

The west heart to heart, oooh my goooosh i just crie d and cried Such a beautiful scene they really nailed it!

Cisco and golden glider i was like YEAH! you go man but she did seem to mean it that she trusts him

Jay and Caitlin, i also thought it was a bit too rushy the was she was like ooh no stay stay, but i to also loved Barrys reaction to it. But oh boy do they have good chemiistry
Old 10-22-2015, 03:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
ETA: EXCUSE ME WRITERS, BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BARRY/IRIS HEART TO HEART PROMOTED BY GRANT AND CANDICE?

http://i.imgur.com/4P2phUJ.gif

SERIOUSLY?

And they kept those [sarcasm]sizzling[/sarcasm] CC Jitters Batty scenes.
We can't blame the writers for the scene getting dropped. They wrote it, and it was filmed. We have to blame the EPs/CW, and the Director of the episode for cutting it. They're the ones who have final say in what goes to air (although sometimes even the Director gets overruled. See Joss Whedon: Age of Ultron).

And that is a very appropriate .gif

Last edited by Elektra; 10-22-2015 at 03:22 AM
Old 10-22-2015, 05:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
oooh wentworth miller.
I loved how Golden Glider and Vibe worked it out. And, good to see Captain Cold is turning on good side just as he is part of Justice League in the comics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephineroy2000
Old 10-22-2015, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy2311 (View Post)
I loved how Golden Glider and Vibe worked it out. And, good to see Captain Cold is turning on good side just as he is part of Justice League in the comics.
that's the best part.