Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Escape From Earth-2 [2.14] - Episode Discussion [February 16th, 2016]

[2.14] ESCAPE FROM EARTH-2
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ THE EXCITING CONCLUSION TO THE EARTH-2 JOURNEY ϟ
On Earth-2, the team races to find Zoom’s lair and asks for help from the most unexpected source. Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) rushes to perfect Velocity-9 so that Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) can stop the Geomancer (guest star Adam Stafford).
J.J. Makaro directed the episode with story by Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing and teleplay by David Kob (#214).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 02-16-2016, 06:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

i cant wait
Old 02-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Grant Gustin acting in this episode is fantastic. Like Earth-2 Barry is just so nerdy. lol Just the way he talks in everything is hilarious to watch. He's just all confused and scared.

The new editor of Central City Picture News is Scott Evans. Not sure how I feel about him yet.
I did agree with Scott that people need to know that Flash won't over be able to save them all the single time, although I didn't agree with everything he said of course.

I love how Barry from Earth-2 was not pleased that E1 Barry kissed his wife, Iris.

Man the scenes with E1-Barry was just so suspenseful. Just trying to find out what that guy was trying to tell him.

It's really crazy to see Killer Frost. Just wow.
I loved the side look E2-Barry gave Cisco when he said, "enemy of my enemy is my friend right?"
Cisco: That did not go as plan.
E2- Barry: Her name starts with Killer, This comes as a shock to you?
E2-Barry is just so jumpy and scared. just so sad to watch. lol

I love the parallel between Caitlin/Ronnie and Killer/Deathstrom in both words, I loved that Cisco knew that her love was the key. So said how in E2 so many bad things happened to Caitlin that she doesn't even like the sound of her real name, she flinched anytime she heard it.

So adorable to see Iris as the strong one to a frightened Barry, it's nice though that even through his fair, he stayed with her.
It was great to watch Killer Frost through the many changes.

Aww Barry from E1 and E2 scene. Nice to see Barry from E1 be the confidence booster. Who would have known, the whole episode was of him being scared and not really wanting to be here but after such a powerful speech, he got the power to do it.

"Just so you know, you would be very disappointed in you right now."
Completely agree with Cisco. However, I loved in the end Killer Frost went up against Zoom. Great moment which showed that Cisco did get through to her somehow.
Jesse is finally reunited with her father Wells, good.
I liked all the Barry/Iris moments as well.

The ending was. I assumed the ending would be dramatic.

YES John Diggle in the next episode. I can't wait!

Old 02-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Total Fan

- Zoom: Surrender, Dorothy Wells

- @ Barry-2 scolding Wells and Cisco, and talking about how awesome his wife is (you know it, Bear!). And getting jealous when he found out Barry-1 kissed his wife - and apparently seemed to have so much affection towards her that she couldn't tell the difference… but I'm sure that doesn't imply anything about E1 Barry's feelings for E1 Iris. Nope. Not at all. .

I am disappointed we didn't see E2 Westallen kiss properly though.

- Oh dear… is the man in the mask the real Jay? And if so, who is the Jay currently on Earth 1? If the man in the mask isn't Jay, what if it's Eddie? He was blonde, after all...

I'm still thinking Jay is Zoom. And Zoom+speed mirage = being on two Earth's at once and attacking himself.

Either that, or Zoom is future Jay.

- So much Iris in this episode (E1 and E2)! I think they're making up for misusing her through all of 2A.

Seeing Iris and Caitlin working together on E1 makes me realize we need more of this. Give me Iris/Caitlin doing awesome things every episode please.

- YES, they FINALLY introduced the power-dampening collars for Iron Heights! I was wondering if they had those in the show. Now, there's no reason for the STAR Labs team to use the pipeline ever again, thank goodness.

- The pep talks are getting ridiculous. Now Barry is pep-talking Barry!

- Random: LOVED Cisco's Princess Bride reference (my fave movie).

Last edited by Elektra; 02-16-2016 at 07:43 PM
Old 02-17-2016, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Amazing ! It's jarring how superior 2B is compared to 2A. What is a 2A ? And damn, we got the girls front and center, they interacted and were both crucial on both Earths, the Zoom plot finally moved and I could barely blink while watching.

Jessie is kind of awesome, so glad she's with us now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- The pep talks are getting ridiculous. Now Barry is pep-talking Barry!
Pep-talkception !

I'm with you on Zoom, that's pretty much what I'm thinking too. The guy in the mask is definitely blonde and he "said" Jay and was really shaken when Barry got the message. I think Zoom is either Jay from the future (that could explain the blue lightning?) or he's Zoom is Hunter and the real Jay is the man in the mask(the afterimage would be kinda repetitive, though, I guess)? It's safe to say that Zoom is Jay or a doppelganger of Jay in some form.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

amazing episode
E2 characters/world are so much more interesting
Zoom makes such a great villain
i also think that Zoom=Jay
Old 02-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wasn't as good as last week's (but last week was a tough act to follow)...

The biggest thing for me: E2 Westallen!!! Are they adorable, or are they adorable?? I wish we had gotten to see some PDA from them...but, ah well. And since the portal was closed, will we ever get to see them again? I hope they'll stay safe in Atlantis, & start working on Nora's grandbabies. I wish we could keep E2 Barry; not that I don't like E1 Barry, but E2B is adorkable!! No wonder E2 Iris fell in love w/him; who wouldn't?!

So, it looks like Jay isn't who he said he was. The man in the iron mask (TMITIM) is so obviously the original Jay from the Golden Age. So I'll wager that "Hunter Zoloman" really is Zoom (hence the reason why "Jay" has been gone for long stretches of time) or "Hunter Zoloman" is Zoom's lackey here on E1. I also found it odd that "Jay" would just stand near the breach & not move. So now he's dead (if he's not, they got some 'splainin to do), & Caitlin can't seem to keep a man on any earth. As stated earlier, the breach to E2 is closed, so how is Zoom gonna do anything on E1? I feel sorry for the citizens of E2 CC; Zoom is gonna go all out & kill just about everybody.

It was also nice to see E1 Iris in action; her boss is cute, but that's about it at this point. Since he hates Flash so much, I wonder how she'll be able to keep her job when she refuses to "trash the Flash".

One thing that I seriously gave a major was the ice bridge. How in the world were they supposed to have climbed that thing? And shouldn't it have been dark by the time they got in the lair?
Old 02-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Total Fan

^ Random thought: What if the Jay we've been seeing on Earth 1 is actually a clone of the original Jay, and that's why his cells were degrading.

Maybe he has all of Real!Jay's thoughts, feelings, memories, code of honour, etc -- but unbeknownst to Clone!Jay, Zoom was using him like a sleeper agent to track the STAR Labs crew, and mess things up with the speed canon.

That could explain how Real!Jay could be in the cell in Zoom's lair, and Hunter Zolomon is Zoom like in the comics.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked the episode, too, not as much as the first of Earth 2.

It was really cute to see Barry E2 and Iris E2 interacting ("You are my wife. I'm not leaving your side" - my favorite quote of them ), but they aren't not as good as our ones. I'd like to see them kissing and so on a bit more, too. A conversation between Barry E1 and one of them about them kissing Iris would have been interestíng, too. Now I'm looking forward to see how Barry is acting with Iris on Earth 1 after all those crazy things happened.

Caitlyn and Iris seeing them working together was fun, I'd like to get to see more of that. I think also they could have some more conversations in the future. I would love to see them getting good friends. Caitlyn could need one right now. It'll be hard for her. It's really sad that Jay is gone, at least for a while. I started to like him more and more.

I could also imagine that Jay is Zoom.

Quote:
^ Random thought: What if the Jay we've been seeing on Earth 1 is actually a clone of the original Jay, and that's why his cells were degrading.

Maybe he has all of Real!Jay's thoughts, feelings, memories, code of honour, etc -- but unbeknownst to Clone!Jay, Zoom was using him like a sleeper agent to track the STAR Labs crew, and mess things up with the speed canon.

That could explain how Real!Jay could be in the cell in Zoom's lair, and Hunter Zolomon is Zoom like in the comics.
That's a nice theory, because it would be really hard for them to know that somebody hurted their trust again, especially for Caitlyn and Barry.

The scene between the two Barrys were confusing to see them talk and when they called each other of course both Barry. But in the end it was great acted and a great scene.

I don't like Iris' new boss at all, because he isn't believing in the Flash, but that's not the worst things. Just how he is, kind of arrogant.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

all the Jay speculation is really fascinating and yet confusing at the same time.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

That theory is really interesting. Plus it makes a lot of sense.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

right now I would bet on Jay possibly being the Rival AKA Edgar Clarris
Old 02-23-2016, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can we keep Jesse?

I have a feeling they might pair her up with Wally.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

...but...Linda
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top