Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Haven't seen Powerless...but word of mouth...is not good.
It's really silly, but it's cute. Each episode is only about half-an-hour.

It's basically an office comedy where superheros exist as a part of the characters' every day lives, and it's their business to make gadgets the general public can use to protect themselves from becoming collateral damage during superhero/supervillain fights.

To be honest, though - it's the type of show that should probably be on The CW if they actually want it to last past the first season .
Old 02-16-2017, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Haven't seen Powerless...but word of mouth...is not good.
Yeah it hasn't gotten good reviews.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, so Powerless isn't part of the Arrowverse? Like Gotham? I'm asking because it's on NBC, like Constantine was and he ended up as part of the Arrowverse.

I heard Powerless' ratings are really bad, bu the way. Let's hope the numbers rise. It looks like a show I'd enjoy.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
Oh, so Powerless isn't part of the Arrowverse? Like Gotham? I'm asking because it's on NBC, like Constantine was and he ended up as part of the Arrowverse.

I heard Powerless' ratings are really bad, bu the way. Let's hope the numbers rise. It looks like a show I'd enjoy.
The Powerless-verse is completely unrelated to the Legends of SuperFlarrow-verse (as is Gotham).

I'm not surprised the show has low ratings. It's one of those "acquired taste" type of shows (kind of like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend -- which is only heading into Season 3 because it's on the CW. Any other network would have cancelled it).

In regards to Constantine - I believe the CW had to get permission from NBC to use the character, and only sporadically at that.

Having said that - The CW has the rights to use Constantine for an animated series on CW Seed, but animated rights and live-action rights have always been different beasts when it comes to these things.

It's kind of like how Disney/Marvel Studios had to pay Sony to get permission to use Spiderman in the MCU, but have no problem using Spidey in endless animated movies/TV Shows.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

That sucks.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
The Powerless-verse is completely unrelated to the Legends of SuperFlarrow-verse (as is Gotham).

I'm not surprised the show has low ratings. It's one of those "acquired taste" type of shows (kind of like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend -- which is only heading into Season 3 because it's on the CW. Any other network would have cancelled it).

In regards to Constantine - I believe the CW had to get permission from NBC to use the character, and only sporadically at that.

Having said that - The CW has the rights to use Constantine for an animated series on CW Seed, but animated rights and live-action rights have always been different beasts when it comes to these things.

It's kind of like how Disney/Marvel Studios had to pay Sony to get permission to use Spiderman in the MCU, but have no problem using Spidey in endless animated movies/TV Shows.
Got it, thanks for explaining . So Powerless' ratings are not good and the show might not be for everyone. Sounds like trouble.

I started CEG and I love it, but I agree it's not for everyone (my sister, for example, she can't stand musicals).
Old 02-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate Mon-El
Old 02-23-2017, 03:59 AM
Supreme Fan

^ I don't like him either. It's annoying because I love the actor and he's one half of the main romance so I want to like him. But every time I think I can give him a chance he does something stupid or says something offensive.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I haven't heard good things about him from people who watch it.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I hate Mon-El
Straight and to the point!

I don't dislike Mon-El as a character himself, but I HATE him with Kara.

I really wish they had let Mon-El grow as a character before tossing him into bed (literally) with Kara. Out of all the guys on the show, James and Winn (WinnKara!) are way better suited for her than Mon-El is. I can't figure out why she is so head-over-heels for him when he's proven time and again that he doesn't listen to her, and doesn't respect her wishes.

I guess The Flash has ruined me for how a healthy, loving relationship is supposed to be portrayed...
Old 03-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
[yt]qFpjRoXze7]
Thanks for the video.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Supergirl is going downhill. Season 1 was great and fresh but this season seems to have lost a lot of what made the show unique before.

So Gotham has cast Ras. Interesting!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:56 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm happy about Gotham The Flash, Gotham and Legends of Tomorrow are my favorite DC-TV shows.

Quote:
Straight and to the point!

I don't dislike Mon-El as a character himself, but I HATE him with Kara.

I really wish they had let Mon-El grow as a character before tossing him into bed (literally) with Kara. Out of all the guys on the show, James and Winn (WinnKara!) are way better suited for her than Mon-El is. I can't figure out why she is so head-over-heels for him when he's proven time and again that he doesn't listen to her, and doesn't respect her wishes.

I guess The Flash has ruined me for how a healthy, loving relationship is supposed to be portrayed...
In S1 I hated Kara/Winn and was neutral on Kara/James. Now Winn has grown on me and I'd be glad if the show gave WinnKara a second chance I'm sick and tired of watching Kara and Mon-El yell at each other in every single episode. If they had developed Mon-El on his own before throwing him at Kara I may have felt differently. As it stands, it looks like he's willing to change just to appease her. I may also be biased because while I didn't ship Kara and James the abrupt way they ended it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Supergirl is losing me and I've officially given up on Arrow. I don't get why they made Laurel the Black Canary only to kill her off and replace her with a new Canary. What's the point?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love how Gotham embraced its campiness and stuck to it .

I used to dislike James/Kara and rooted for Kara/Winn, but after season 2 I'd love if the writers gave James/Kara another chance . Mon ugh has that effect on viewers .

I'm so behind on Arrow, I just stopped watching and I don't recall why exactly. I think the last episode I watched was 4x09. I think the Connor drama got to me, and I like Olicity.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:02 AM
Supreme Fan

I like that the characters on Gotham can have their own separate storyline. The Flash can learn from Gotham when it comes to giving its supporting cast an overarching plot instead of making everything about S.T.A.R. Labs

Quote:
I'm so behind on Arrow, I just stopped watching and I don't recall why exactly. I think the last episode I watched was 4x09. I think the Connor drama got to me, and I like Olicity.
I really liked Olicity in 4A I was glad that I could enjoy a couple being cute while The Flash was busy ignoring WestAllen. Then the Connor drama ruined everything.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top