Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cause And XS [5.14] - Episode Discussion [February 12th, 2019]

[5.14] CAUSE AND XS
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ IRIS’S LIFE IS THREATENED ϟ
After Iris (Candice Patton) lands in serious danger, Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) races to save her mother. Barry (Grant Gustin) puts the finishing touches on the metahuman cure, leaving Cisco (Carlos Valdes) with a rare night off so he decides to take Kamilla (guest star Victoria Park) on a date.
Rachel Talalay directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Jeff Hersh (#514).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Total Fan

- Nora is going to break the space-time continuum again.

- Wouldn’t it have just been easier for Nora to tell them what happened right away so we’d have everyone involved instead of her trying to do it on her own?

- Nora seems to have forgotten that Cisco can “vibe” changes in the timeline.

- Awww, Cisco and Nora bonding is cute. I’m waiting for her to call him “Uncle Cisco”

- I’m glad Cisco mentioned that Thawne killed him in a previous timeline. Maybe Nora will finally get the hint that Eobard is not to be trusted.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:14 PM
New Fan

Déjà vu...all over again.

Given that Nora was not encountering multiple Past Selves as she kept time- trippin` the hyper-light fantastic for endless do-overs, this ep was clearly expressing the 'Quantum Leap' Theory of Time Travel at play...
and re-play.
and re-play.
and re-play.
and re-play.
and re-play.
and re-play.

The reactions of Nora`s friends and family to her actions was the highlight ; particularly Barry, who must be really appreciating the joys of parenthood.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Nora already said to Barry when she first arrived, if she runs fast enough she can reverse time.

It’s a rare gift for a speedster to have.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:20 AM
New Fan

SUPER Speed, indeed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
.... if she runs fast enough she can reverse time...
It’s a rare gift for a speedster to have.
--Yepper... She`s even one-up on Superman...
He had to zip `round -n-`round the planet multiple times to 'reverse time'.

Nora apparently just had to Flash-foot-it through the city for a few blocks, until everything went all white-out... and back then she was !

That would be a hard trick to resist pulling when things don`t go your way.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

OK, this was definitely filler material...

This Groundhog Day type story was completely played out...by the second time. Nora is really, really, really getting on my nerves by the way she thinks that there are NO consequences to her actions. Obviously, she's been listening a little too well to Thawne. If there are NO repercussions to the willy-nilly way she's been treating the spacetime continuum (her father did it, & he had to pay the price), then this season was seriously a waste. of. time. Maybe if she keeps on doing what she's doing, maybe she'll erase herself from existence

The only cute part to this ep was the Cisco-Nora scene. She's got great taste in movies (I've seen Breakin' & Breakin' 2 more times than I care to admit). But she still believes in Thawne, so I guess that negates her taste in films. And unpopular opinion, but I don't care for Cisco's new LI. They should've stuck w/Cynco; they had much better chemistry. They just threw this girl in so that there's a reason for her to be Iris' photographer. She's not needed, IMHO.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top