I loved the dancing segment.

Cute gif!

Old 07-23-2017, 11:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynge (View Post)
I think you're right
#RollOnS4 #SeasonOfSnow #ReturnOfOTFlash

I really love the fact that they are teasing very little about what's going on with her, I do hope they give her more story/screen time to develop her character more. I want to know who this version of Caitlin is, is she of another Earth?

Old 07-24-2017, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
I loved the dancing segment.

Cute gif!
Same, it was cute
Old 07-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflashgurl (View Post)
I really love the fact that they are teasing very little about what's going on with her, I do hope they give her more story/screen time to develop her character more. I want to know who this version of Caitlin is, is she of another Earth?
]
I love that too! Nothing's being said and I'm intrigued. I've seen a few theories floating around twitter so it's going to be interesting for sure.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
I love that too! Nothing's being said and I'm intrigued. I've seen a few theories floating around twitter so it's going to be interesting for sure.
It's all most of us are waiting for. The regular viewers want more Killer Frost updates. These little teases are killing us!
Old 07-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
It's all most of us are waiting for. The regular viewers want more Killer Frost updates. These little teases are killing us!
Where's your proof?

I hope she's getting something good to work with. Honestly, 0 spoilers is not an indication of some big storyline that they want to be super secretive about. That's bad marketing. If you want viewers to tune in, you give them something to look forward to. Maybe we'll get some teases before the premiere

Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! Hot Caitlin gifs .
Old 07-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Where's your proof?

I hope she's getting something good to work with. Honestly, 0 spoilers is not an indication of some big storyline that they want to be super secretive about. That's bad marketing. If you want viewers to tune in, you give them something to look forward to. Maybe we'll get some teases before the premiere

Proof is in the reviews that sum up the last season. The low ratings as well, Flash took a hard dive this season due to high soap volume. It was far from perfect, the best highlight was Killer Frost, bar non, not many people were liking Barry all season around. His relationship deterred his focus from being a superhero, he was willing to do unheroic things to save just one person.

Do you write stories? If I don't want someone to know something about my stories, well, I don't say it to my readers. Meaning I don't spoil anything worthy because I want them to read and find out. It's the same thing here. I never said it was going to be big, but there is something coming the writers don't want us to know, some questions left unanswered. I'm curious to find out what they are and I want Danielle's character to grow.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:56 AM
Loyal Fan

That’s not proof though that's your opinion. Your preference and what you favor doesn't speak for the general audience/regular viewers.

All networks had a decrease in their overall viewership/demos from the ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and the CW. Every single CW show decreased in their viewership and demos from 2016-2017.

Articles were written about ratings fluctuations and the percentages changes in viewership on every network.

Furthermore we know how the CW operates and cut it's advertisements and promotions from 2016 because of Mark Pedowitz's (President of the CW) new focus on online viewership. Article here:The CW Doesn't Care About Live Views Because The CW Doesn't Have Major Stake In Its Programming

If you want to say ratings fluctuations are due to “soap opera” elements then Caitlin falls into that category. Turning evil without explicit explanation and becoming a lackey for a super villain for unknown reasons is a soap opera cliché. So everyone on The Flash is sitting in that soap opera boat together.

To you the best highlight of the season was Killer Frost. I still don't think that storyline made sense and it's a shame they didn't do it justice like in the comics. It should never have happened because of Flashpoint and she should never have been anyone's lackey. That was just for plot convenience. We still can only speculate as to why it affected her brain chemistry and no one else's. Or why she was ever working for Savitar. Or why was her devotion and love for Cisco was able to break her out of being Killer Frost when earlier in the episode she was ready to kill him. Still question marks?

There are fans who didn't like Killer Frost storyline, there are fans who didn't like Barry and his Flashpointing, there are fans who hated the dark tone of the season and evidently there are fans such as you who felt there was a soap opera element.

Parts of the show might not be to your personal preference or your fandom's preference. That's fine but that's not a representative of the general audience. Without a consensus from every single Nielsen viewer your speaking opinion and preference not fact. Particularly, when you are excluding so many of the variables I addressed.

Regardless The Flash remains the Number 1 rated show which is great for everyone.

Last edited by Starlingcity; 07-25-2017 at 04:01 AM Reason: Added table
Old 07-25-2017, 04:34 AM
Supreme Fan

@Starlingcity, thanks for the articles

Quote:
Proof is in the reviews that sum up the last season. The low ratings as well, Flash took a hard dive this season due to high soap volume. It was far from perfect, the best highlight was Killer Frost, bar non, not many people were liking Barry all season around. His relationship deterred his focus from being a superhero, he was willing to do unheroic things to save just one person.

Do you write stories? If I don't want someone to know something about my stories, well, I don't say it to my readers. Meaning I don't spoil anything worthy because I want them to read and find out. It's the same thing here. I never said it was going to be big, but there is something coming the writers don't want us to know, some questions left unanswered. I'm curious to find out what they are and I want Danielle's character to grow.
A hard dive is a hyperbole. You still have no proof of what caused the drop. Like Starlingcity said, you'd need to ask every single viewers about the reasons they tune in and out. You did not and you can't.

The reviews are also no indication of anything. Ten or twenty recappers don't speak for the general audience. Plus, most reviewers praise Iris and WestAllen

What are these unheroic things you are talking about? Because Barry has kept protecting his city. He was tense and snapped a couple times but he did his Flash duties as always.

The one person Barry tried to save was the love of her life. What would you do if you were in his place? Let your lover die? I get that you hate Iris but objectively speaking, everyone would try to prevent a loved one's murder if they had the means. That doesn't make them unheroic. Apart from the SB shippers and the usual anti-Iris crew, the Barry detractors showed up way before S3. It was Flashpoint and the shows abuse of time travel that got some people to see Barry as the villain of the show. I completely disagree with this perspective but the fact that his relationship has 0 to do with it still stands.

I hope you are right that something good is coming but I've been following this show for years. When an actor can't give away anything, it means that the character has no story. S2 was especially sad for Caitlin.

Even though I didn't like the set up and the writing for Killer Frost, they did a good job with her powers. Very creative. This was especially cool.

“I'm not a pipe dream.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
TFTNT! Hot Caitlin gifs .
She looks amazing
Old 07-25-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the gifs and the vid.

Danielle looked great at Comic Con and can't wait to see what's in store for Caitlin in season 4.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm gonna to have to agree to disagree since you keep putting opinions out there that are not fact. What is fact is many people want to see change in the tone of the show. The cast wants it. They want more action (including KF dynamic with holy trinity Team Flash) and less focus on romance.

Caitlin transitioning to a villain was not a soap opera tactic. What is is too much focus on cliched romances. Dawson's Creek style. Like I said, agree to disagree.

The fandom has discussed this ad nauseam in terms of the recent sink in Season 3. Not everyone has liked the season, especially when Barry changed as a hero. The best example I can think is Barry reacting more to the death of Tony Woodward, a childhood bully over HR wells who is their friend. That doesn't sound like the same person to me. I hope he is a changed man going into this season because I know Grant is tired of the soap tactics the writers force on his character. Even Carlos has specified he wants Cisco to be lighter, S3 was just too dark, Killer Frost wasn't a part of the soap opera, she was the most exciting. I would have wanted to see more action and scenes with Savitar than for the team to focus on saving one person. Not enough scenes in certain areas would have explained motivations and left questions answered.

Come Season 4 I hope the writers learn to lighten the tone up and have amazing dynamics like they had in Season 1, I look forward to those, not the cheesy romances. I signed up for the action and great stories. Danielle is in the core elements of what makes the show great, she was hardly in Season 3 and when she was, it was a saving grace. Regular viewers all praised her performance bouncing back between essentially two different characters on the spot. Tom Canvanagh always has nice things to say. I loved the episode he directed where our Barry spoke with future Killer Frost.

Last edited by theflashgurl; 07-26-2017 at 11:44 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top