Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 05:45 PM
  #271
Fan Forum Hero

 
green eyes sparkle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 82,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
It feels like the writers are confused how to write her as Killer Frost to be quite honest....
I do too! I'm writing my own story at This point.
__________________
★ Kate | icon


green eyes sparkle is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 03:23 AM
  #272
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,626
It's ridiculous that we have to make up headcanons for a major storyline involving a main character

I've read fan fictions that make more sense than what the show is trying to sell.
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 07:53 AM
  #273
Fan Forum Hero

 
green eyes sparkle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 82,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
It's ridiculous that we have to make up headcanons for a major storyline involving a main character

I've read fan fictions that make more sense than what the show is trying to sell.
Same! I've preferred what fans come up with tbh.
__________________
★ Kate | icon


green eyes sparkle is offline  
Old 07-12-2017, 11:39 AM
  #274
Part-Time Fan
 
theflashgurl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 271
It is a sad time when fan fiction authors are better writers than paid professionals. I feel embarrassed for them.
__________________
theflashgurl is offline  
Old 07-12-2017, 11:57 AM
  #275
Master Fan

 
SuitUp's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Soaps
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
Same! I've preferred what fans come up with tbh.
It's sad that the female characters aren't treated fairly. They aren't as fleshed out as the male characters. It's nice the fandom cares enough to try.

Fingers crossed for Season 4 everyone. The ladies might have their chance to shine!
__________________
Genius.
Billionaire.
Playboy.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 PM
  #276
Part-Time Fan
 
theflashgurl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 271
Yes the show is still called The Flash but I would really like the Killer Frost arc fully explored.
__________________
theflashgurl is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 06:45 AM
  #277
Loyal Fan
 
Starlingcity's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I disagree that Caitlin was better served in S1. Her story revolved around the male guest star of the season and she was very much underused, especially compared to the male members of Team Flash

Killer Frost was her chance at a storyline but the writing hasn't been the strongest. I hope they can fix it because in the beginning I used to think Caitlin had the most potential.
They do that to Caitlin every season - S1 = Ronnie, S2 = Jay, S3 = Julian.

Fans try explain her KF but nothing in the narrative was explained.
__________________
Can you wish on this kind of shooting star?
Starlingcity is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 01:01 PM
  #278
Master Fan

 
SuitUp's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Soaps
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,577
Article that discusses this topic.

How 'The Flash' Season 4 Can Give Killer Frost The Storyline That She Deserves

Quote:
Having Killer Frost emerge due to Flashpoint was clever, but there was no reason given as to why Caitlin's dark side manifested beyond her control, especially since this hadn’t occurred for any other meta-human that’s been on the show.
__________________
Genius.
Billionaire.
Playboy.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 02:22 AM
  #279
Dedicated Fan
 
Olshott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 626
I love Danielle and what she did with Killer Frost was amazing. I do think they could and can explain better on why her powers caused her to go dark, and it has to be more then just losing Ronnie and even Jay. I am curious on how or if Caitlin comes back to the fold
__________________
Aly
Olshott is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 03:34 AM
  #280
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,626
I don't think having Killer Frost emerge due to Flashpoint was clever at all. It was lazy. Every other meta's powers are linked to a specific accident. Barry is fast because he was struck by lightning. Caitlin has cold powers because? Was she stuck in a freezer when the PA exploded?
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 03:50 AM
  #281
Master Fan

 
SuitUp's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Soaps
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I don't think having Killer Frost emerge due to Flashpoint was clever at all. It was lazy. Every other meta's powers are linked to a specific accident. Barry is fast because he was struck by lightning. Caitlin has cold powers because? Was she stuck in a freezer when the PA exploded?
Fair point. So much in the article I didn't agree with. I feel like they should have given her powers the same way it happened in the comics.

Lazy writing to the max.
__________________
Genius.
Billionaire.
Playboy.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 02:02 PM
  #282
Part-Time Fan
 
theflashgurl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olshott (View Post)
I love Danielle and what she did with Killer Frost was amazing. I do think they could and can explain better on why her powers caused her to go dark, and it has to be more then just losing Ronnie and even Jay. I am curious on how or if Caitlin comes back to the fold
We can only speculate I guess. There isn't much as far as spoilers go for Season 4, there could be a reason for that.
__________________
theflashgurl is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 08:35 PM
  #283
Dedicated Fan
 
Olshott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 626
Yeah they may want to keep Caitlins Storyline under wraps
__________________
Aly
Olshott is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:49 PM
  #284
Fan Forum Legend

 
crash landing's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 658,350
Saw this on the Cisco|Caitlin thread related to a gifset and she looks gorgeous

__________________
Sarahicon credit
VOTE for Battlestar GalacticaProdigal Son [Join the FBI Franchise campaign]
"five by five" ღ Faith Lehane
crash landing is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 02:26 AM
  #285
Part-Time Fan
 
theflashgurl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 271
Too cute.
__________________
theflashgurl is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST