Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Barry ♥ Iris #3 : "I just want to tell you how I feel...how you make me feel."

Barry Allen

Iris West

"She’s the love interest of Barry Allen, who is The Flash. She’s the romantic little number in the show. She’s kind of Barry’s support. She is like the Lois Lane to Superman. She’s there for him throughout all of his mishaps during the show. She’s just kind of his rock.”~Candice Patton

“Barry and Iris are childhood best friends. He has lived with Iris and her father since they were children when his father was accused and incarcerated for killing his mother. The two are incredibly close and she knows him like the back of her hand. I describe them as each other’s ‘true north’ in this crazy world. She believes in him even when others don’t. I think we all want someone like that. Someone who roots for us, and lightens our load in this life.”-Candice Patton

Fans:
1) MiniAnneBoleynx8
2) Missou
3) lisagslack14
4) walking with spiders
5) MyLastDayWithoutYou
6) HaylijahღEndgame
7) s e r e n i t y
8) scorpio_chick
9) Wingster
10) hlgreenie
11) backstreetboysfan
12) lickers
13) eternalfate
14) only dreaming
15) These Broken Stars
16) KeepThisaSecret
17) Subject87
18) AlwaysCB
19) Elektra
20) Queen of Babble
21) ring of fire
22) vaberella
23) Japril
24) Mich1111
25) *OldHollywoodStarlet*
26) DuVe2LoVe
27) AnneH
28) ky02121
29) sweetmac1
30) gigilove
31) classictvfan91
32) ursa major
33) toxicgurl169
34) falling slowly
35) Licia
36) Nothing Else Matters
37) tigerdee41
38) Akelly88
39) Jade4813
40) chez1
41) Behrable dream
42) SuitUp
43) baelfire24
44) wanderer765
45) sagittarius13
46) SuitUp
47) Summer Falls
48) Kylebraxtonisthebest
49) toxicgurl169

Honorary Shippers:
Candice Patton * Grant Gustin

Reasons:
1) Because we can't wait to see this iconic comic couple onscreen
2) Because they're canon in the comics
3) Because she's "Barry's support" and "his rock"

Art Credit:
Trash™

Future Titles:
~Because the best relationships start out as friendships
~Because she's "Barry's support" and "his rock"
~Because "she knows him like the back of her hand" -Candice
~Because "she believes in him even when others don't"-Candice
"When Patton and Gustin were put together, there were immediate sparks between the two!" - EDGE
"It was pretty evident from the start. We're both very light-hearted, fun-loving, happy- go-lucky people - and that instantly came through." - Candice
"It will go down as one of those Hollywood fables, that the minute the casting process was over, and Patton existed the room, Gustin turned to the casting crew and said: 'That's Iris!' - which is pretty awesome!" - EDGE

**OP Under Construction**

Previous Threads:
1 | 2

Last edited by Hero of Time; 10-24-2014 at 10:23 PM
Old 10-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

I have added all new shippers

33) toxicgurl169
34) falling slowly
35) Licia
36) Nothing Else Matters
37) tigerdee41
38) Akelly88
39) Jade4813
40) chez1
Old 10-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLastDayWithoutYou (View Post)

33) toxicgurl169
34) falling slowly
35) Licia
36) Nothing Else Matters
37) tigerdee41
38) Akelly88
39) Jade4813
40) chez1
Many thanks!!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

How you make me feel.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT ! I love the title and the scene where it came from !
Old 10-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I admit, when I first saw both of them, I thought, "Oh, my word. Do the actors at the CW keep getting younger, or do I just feel old?" I kept wondering when they were both graduating high school. But, after the first 11 minutes or so of that, they really struck me how perfectly cast they were for the role. Grant has an ability to pull off just the right amount of geeky awkwardness while still having a kind of charisma in the role that really lets you see why people would be drawn to him (and why the JLA would want to invite him to every party). And Candice really has a good-natured sweetness about her that, at least for me, manages to obliterate the potential brother-sister vibe that the backstory could have lent the couple. She has also managed to pull off some lines of script that were...somewhat less than stellar (and when she smiles sometimes, her eyes sparkle in a way that is almost unnervingly endearing). I was really quite anxious about the casting when I first read about it because I knew nothing about either actor, but pretty much everyone in the show so far has just been really, really solid.

... They do still make me feel old sometimes, though.

I don't know if anyone here reads JL8 by Yale Stewart, but now when I read it, I keep think of GG's Barry at 8 years old. I kinda wanna beg him to add Iris into the strip (but since I'm still waiting on more that the one panel we've had of Little Lois, I'd probably be waiting a while).

Lois/Clark are my all time favorite superhero romance that Iris/Barry looks like it might well give it a run for its money, if the show stays as strong as it has been the first two episodes!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
"Why am I suddenly having really strangely graphic dreams about kissing Barry???" Remembering Lois fantasies around "Pandora" in Smallville. Had to laugh.
I just wanted to reply to this from the previous thread. Jade, hahahaha that is actually really awesome. If she did start having dreams like that the way Lois does in "Pandora" I'll have to mention that to my friend and see what she thinks about that since she is rewatching Season 9 of Smallville right now.

I like your observation though, they did such perfect casting with Grant and Candice and their chemistry is really off the charts. They feel so genuine and natural to me. Very comfortable with each other and that's important. I'm so excited for what's to come.

Ohh and TFTNT!

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 10-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the new thread
Old 10-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

33) toxicgurl169
34) falling slowly
35) Licia
36) Nothing Else Matters
37) tigerdee41
38) Akelly88
39) Jade4813
40) chez1
Thanks

Love the title
Old 10-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Barry/Iris really took me by surprise. Candice and Grant have great chemistry. I'm excited about them. I loved the way Barry not so subtly checked Iris out. They may have grown up in the same house but Barry does not see iris as his sister I want a slow burn for these two. It's clear how Barry feels so I want to see how Iris's feelings for Barry may change and evolve over time.

My favorite scene between them has to be the hugged they shared when Barry saw her for the first time after waking up. The looks, the smiles, the hug....the way Barry placed her hand over his heart..gah I was a goner.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdee41 (View Post)
Barry/Iris really took me by surprise. Candice and Grant have great chemistry. I'm excited about them. I loved the way Barry not so subtly checked Iris out. They may have grown up in the same house but Barry does not see iris as his sister I want a slow burn for these two. It's clear how Barry feels so I want to see how Iris's feelings for Barry may change and evolve over time.

My favorite scene between them has to be the hugged they shared when Barry saw her for the first time after waking up. The looks, the smiles, the hug....the way Barry placed her hand over his heart..gah I was a goner
Me too. I want her to start to see Barry differently before she finds out he's The Flash.

These are my favorite scenes too, whenever they are together on screen my shipper heart just swoons. It's so much fun to watch them, they just put a smile on your face whenever they are on screen.

Love the title, thanks for the new thread.

Icon by Me
Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, love the title... poor Barry.
First he has to hide his feelings, now he has to hide that he's Flash.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!

Iris dreaming about Barry is something I've thought about, though not as a result of Barry's "confession." That would be a great way to frame it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdee41 (View Post)
My favorite scene between them has to be the hugged they shared when Barry saw her for the first time after waking up. The looks, the smiles, the hug....the way Barry placed her hand over his heart..gah I was a goner.
Same! But I have to say, I was a bit surprised to learn that this was the first scene Candice and Grant shot together, considering how palpable their chemisty was, from the moment they locked eyes. You'd think there would be a bit of awkwardness but nope, these two were and are totally natural together.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, love the title... poor Barry.
First he has to hide his feelings, now he has to hide that he's Flash.
And now, he has to worry about Iris uncovering his secret. Poor Barry, indeed. lol
Old 10-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Same! But I have to say, I was a bit surprised to learn that this was the first scene Candice and Grant shot together, considering how palpable their chemisty was, from the moment they locked eyes. You'd think there would be a bit of awkwardness but nope, these two were and are totally natural together.
I know right? It was so natural and beautiful, not awkward at all.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top