Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Attack On Gorilla City [3.13] - Episode Discussion [February 21st, 2017]

[3.13] ATTACK ON GORILLA CITY
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ BARRY AND TEAM TRAVEL TO GORILLA CITY AND FACE GRODD ϟ
When Jesse Quick (guest star Violett Beane) informs the team that her father (Tom Cavanagh) has been abducted, Barry (Grant Gustin), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Julian (Tom Felton) voyage to Earth-2 on a rescue mission to save Harry from Gorilla City. As they trek through the forest, Barry and the team are immediately captured and brought to Grodd (voiced by David Sobolov). Grodd tells them he needs their help to stop Solovar (voiced by Keith David), the leader of Gorilla City, as Solovar wants to invade Earth-1. Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Jesse and Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) hit the streets to stop a metahuman that can control gravity, with H.R. and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) guiding them from S.T.A.R. Labs. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Andrew Kresiberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & David Kob (#313).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Total Fan

- Run, Harry, Run!

- Awww, Wally and Jessie.

Wally: I can have all the speed in the world, but I’m not complete without you
Me: Someone’s been taking lessons from Barry on how to sweet talk your girlfriend

- How does Julian know about Grodd? I didn’t think his existence was public knowledge.

Julian: You’re going to Planet of the Apes, aren’t you?
Me
: Yes he is, evil guy who tortured the apes in Rise of the Planet of the Apes

- Tom Cavanaugh as Grodd was just… weird. And unintentionally funny.

Random question - if Grodd was just going to come into the room anyway, why bother even controlling Harry to talk for him? (Yes, I know: Budgetary reasons. But storyline wise it made no sense.)

Okay, one more random question: Barry's shown that he's been able to quickly metabolize tranqs and whatnot before, so suddenly he can't on Earth-2?

- So… if Caitlin could use her powers to freeze Barry, why couldn’t she use them to freeze the bars and break them? Also, couldn’t Grodd read their thoughts, and thus figure out their plan?

- Ummm… where did Grodd get Gypsy from? Was she just hanging around Earth-2 for some reason?

Last edited by Elektra; 02-21-2017 at 10:10 PM
Old 02-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Notes notes!

---

Gypsy, more Gypsy, I like more Gypsy.. GYPSYYYY!
Meanwhile, on Earth 2!
Jesse darling I’m so glad you’re back…
Again with cryptograms…
Well this is gonna be awkward… Sorry he took the smile from her face, aww
More headlines coming true…
Fun-ish
Teach Wally a thing or two Speed off! That can be hot Or not?
Awww it’s cute he still doesn’t know about the other Earths
Planet of the Apes, HA!
It’s like he’s leaving their kid with her
Everything he does is for her… awwwww
THE OUTFIT THOUGH, JULIAN
Speedsters’ honor
WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BABY
Ever occur to you he might find his way over because of you guys??
What’s with the awkwards, guys?
Lock it down! West family confab
Kid Flash and Jesse Quick in action, yeah!
How about letting her get in on the fun? Yeah she’s not showing off, take a hint?
Memories of Killer Frost…
It’s a traaaap
Moooore monkeys
Monkey city!
Powers not working, not good
HARRY YOU’RE HERE! What’s going on? Oh he’s possessed
Needs his help, oooh for what?
Bad monkey, let’s not have bad monkey
Seems fair? Is he being truthful though?
Awww you crazy kids need to make it work
Jesse, go on
Not complete without her, aww
Oooh white monkey?
Possessed Cisco, eek… Well this just got worse
Arena full of monkeys!
Speedster vs Super Gorilla, best worst video game ever
Monkey strong, monkey real strong
New plan, run run run
Oh this can’t be good…
Reversal, oh yeah! Bam!
You tell ‘em, Barry! I mean it’s probably gonna backfire, but still
Mercy, sure, but Grodd don’t want mercy
They’ll follow you… into battle… of course it backfired!
See, what did I tell ya?
What up, Harry!
Indiana
Cisco, don’t even think that way
Sacrifice one friend to save another? No thanks… And make Caitlin do it? ARE YOU INSANE?
You did go to protect her
Yes, thank you Caitlin, voice of reason, whereas BARRY WHAT EVEN
Poor conflicted Jesse… Listen to your doppelganger Dad
So what’s the plan, kids? Bless Caitlin
Well he’s out of his cage now! Time to warm up!
FRANCISCO SHUT THE EFF UP
Unless of course this is part of his plan, too
That must have been quite the group run
Good, everyone made it, and no monkeys!
And back on Earth 1!
“Sorry you guys missed this,” REALLY THOUGH?
Double the Wells, ha! Harry is not impressed
Yeah they don’t know this is a two-parter, clearly
Cutie junior superheroes… I think he would like that very much (AND THAT MAKES TWO OF US)
“He’s gonna be so pissed”
Fear her… Awww darling
You know what really helps me when I’m scared? A DATE
Sweet moments that probably won’t stay sweet…
He’s a puppy, that’s how
What have we said about making big claims like that??
Meanwhile, in Gorilla City… GYPSY, OH NO… Oh that is a lot of armored monkeys… TO BE CONTINUED
Old 02-22-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Random question - if Grodd was just going to come into the room anyway, why bother even controlling Harry to talk for him? (Yes, I know: Budgetary reasons. But storyline wise it made no sense.)
I agree...took me out of the scene. Also when he randomly posesssed Cisco when he was in the room.

This episode was a reason why I dislike Star Labs and "Team Flash" ...Barry doesn't need Cisco telling him what to do.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Nerds (View Post)
Notes notes!
Sacrifice one friend to save another? No thanks… And make Caitlin do it? ARE YOU INSANE?
When they were talking about that as if it were a viable option, I was like --- ummm... how are we so cavalier about killing our friends?
Old 02-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, here goes...

Jesse comes back to E1 talking about her dad is missing. One question: did she try to look for him herself?

The team lands in Gorilla City, & they're immediately captured? What's up w/that?

Jesse & Wally...not feeling them. At. All. How can you "not be complete w/out someone" when you really haven't seen them in months? And you don't even communicate w/each other? And she's gonna stay in CC? Giving up your life for a boy isn't a very good idea. And who's gonna protect E2?

The fact that Team Flash initially believed Grodd was also a head-scratcher. Although I did like the CGI when Barry was fighting Solovar. The escape plan was kinda cool as well except...since Caitlyn used her powers, why didn't she turn "evil"? Another

The only thing that saved this episode was WA...but that's par for the course w/these filler eps. And it seems that Barry is a bit(!) horny.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Passionate Fan

^^How was Caitlin able to use her powers though, when neither Barry nor Cisco could? And how did she not turn evil, like you mentioned?

Cisco was a bit extra willing to die? That was...weird.

Westallen were beautiful because they always are. I like the new theme of always ending the show with them on the couch. Let's see if they make this a thing for the rest of the season.

Re: WA though, can we please get more passionate scenes? It doesn't even have to be a love scene!

Didn't care for the eppy other than the CGI and Westallen stuff. Hopefully next week's is better.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzButterfly (View Post)
Westallen were beautiful because they always are. I like the new theme of always ending the show with them on the couch. Let's see if they make this a thing for the rest of the season.

Re: WA though, can we please get more passionate scenes? It doesn't even have to be a love scene!

Didn't care for the eppy other than the CGI and Westallen stuff. Hopefully next week's is better.
I agree w/you, completely. WA scenes are always beautiful...I'm just saying that in this instance, they actually saved the episode, 'cause it was pretty boring. And yes, I do agree that we need more passionate scenes, & definitely longer kisses!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzButterfly (View Post)
^^How was Caitlin able to use her powers though, when neither Barry nor Cisco could? And how did she not turn evil, like you mentioned?
1) I think that's because Grodd didn't know about her powers so he didn't bother messing with her.

2) Because Caitlin's storyline is inconsistent, unfortunately. There's no reason her powers should make her "evil" in the first place.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

I didn't know this about Solovar:

Solovar

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
I didn't know this about Solovar:

Solovar
Solovar was a good guy (good gorilla?) in the comics who often teamed up with The Flash whenever Grodd got loose. Hopefully, he'll help Team Flash fight Grodd when Grodd invades CC.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussion thread.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't see the episode but I heard they got captured like 5 minutes of arriving

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top