Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Barry is very smart, but he's not on the same level of science knowledge as Caitlyn and Cisco, so of course he's going to need their help. He's an optimist who is also both impulsive and highly emotional (meaning he feels things strongly) which is a bad mix when you're the guy who can travel in time. And I think it was the Flashpoint timeline and it's consequences that finally got through to him about why time travel shouldn't be messed with. He's maturing, moving out of Joe's house, etc. Grant has such a young face that it was hard to remember sometimes that Barry's in his mid-20s. But with the maturity he's getting, it's easier to see. As I said before, if he were perfect he'd be pretty boring.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Grant has such a young face that it was hard to remember sometimes that Barry's in his mid-20s. But with the maturity he's getting, it's easier to see. As I said before, if he were perfect he'd be pretty boring.
I actually like how Barry's maturing goes hand in hand in how different ( for me at least ) Grant is looking this season, if you know what I mean. Like there is something different about his face and what means of his craft he's using for Barry to be perceived as somebody more matured and composed.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Barry is very smart, but he's not on the same level of science knowledge as Caitlyn and Cisco, so of course he's going to need their help. He's an optimist who is also both impulsive and highly emotional (meaning he feels things strongly) which is a bad mix when you're the guy who can travel in time. And I think it was the Flashpoint timeline and it's consequences that finally got through to him about why time travel shouldn't be messed with. He's maturing, moving out of Joe's house, etc. Grant has such a young face that it was hard to remember sometimes that Barry's in his mid-20s. But with the maturity he's getting, it's easier to see. As I said before, if he were perfect he'd be pretty boring.
I don't agree with that he's not at the same level he can obtain knowledge fast and has even helped Caitlin. they can make Barry fun and let him do what the flash can do. they can do this and still show him with flaws.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Well for me Barry is fun and they let him show what Flash can do but they can give everything here and now.

Plus yeah they can have him sit in a room for a week and read EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING and be the smartest man alive too but then they would have to fire the half of the cast really....
Old 11-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
I don't agree with that he's not at the same level he can obtain knowledge fast and has even helped Caitlin. they can make Barry fun and let him do what the flash can do. they can do this and still show him with flaws.
I didn't mean IQ-wise, I meant the specifics of what Caitlyn and Cisco do. And yes, he can acquire that knowledge quickly, but, for example, I might be the top Biologist in my field, but that doesn't mean I also know everything about Civil Engineering. That's what I meant when I said he wasn't at the same level. Not that he can't learn it, but why learn everything when you can have a team to help you?
Old 11-07-2016, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Not that he can't learn it, but why learn everything when you can have a team to help you?
Exactly....
Old 11-07-2016, 06:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
I dont think they actually dumb him down. Making bad descions does not always means being dumb. Just just make them, hoping for the best and if they don't work you have to deal with the consequences ( I think there's even a scene on the show where Joe says that to Barry )

I saw that scene I even liked season two except for the finally and the stupid lets do Flashpoint.
no they totally make him stupid, and majority of the fandom that make jokes about how his emotions are like a girl, and meme on I want my mommy. Mostly when I come to this thread its attack on Barry and how they only like the nerdy fun one or first season and got tired of people putting Barry 2 as the best version.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

We never really stick to our best verison for too long in our private life, at least we shouldn't. It evolves, you change, develop, take a step back sometimes so people labelling S2 Barry as a best, final version of himself are kind of ridiculous. He's not the man he was yesterday and tomorrow he won't be the man he is today.

If people think Barry is stupid that can't do anything himself let them have it.... It's JUST an opinion. They want to see their version of Barry on the screen and everything that is different it's being critized and laughed att. Must be very exhausting to watch a tv show with such attitude.

I don't agree, like fundamentally with that take on Barry. I think he's one of the most multidimensional characters I've ever watched on tv and yes, his vulnerability gets him in trouble sometimes but I'd think twice considering it as weakness of this character. It's opposite for me and it's just part of him. There's also great strenght, persistance, honesty, the devotion for the people close to him, being able to make sacrifices too....I could go on really. And the best part is: HE IS NOT PERFECT!

Oh about the mommy thing - do people really laugh at him having this special connection to a woman that gave birth to him and was taken away so soon??! Such a heartless attitude. I mean taking his tragedy against him like that? WTF? Srsly. So cold.

And about this thread - what's so great about it is people don't judge, they acept and love Barry for the amazing person we know that he is. No BS.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

is easily the best place on the internet to discuss things because there's so little/no trolling.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Mostly when I come to this thread its attack on Barry and how they only like the nerdy fun one or first season and got tired of people putting Barry 2 as the best version.
With Barry 2 you mean S2 Barry or E-2 Barry?

Quote:
is easily the best place on the internet to discuss things because there's so little/no trolling.
It's better when message boards are moderated and have their own appreciation threads where you can post only nice things. It helps avoid haters and trolls.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed! We'll see many ups and downs for Barry and all the other characters on the show, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense . Was I mad pissed when he created Flashpoint? Yes, but it didn't turn me into a hater, I love Bar. I wouldn't if he was perfect and didn't make any mistakes. Plus, there will always be blind haters. Sorry if I don't make any sense, headache happening !
Old 11-08-2016, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Perfect sense actually and ITA.

You know, me when I get to love a character like I did with Barry he becomes "protect at all cost" person for me and no matter what, I don't turn my back. I stand by my people. Yes, there are definitely limits to that too but Barry is soooooooooooooooooo far from crossing any lines of no return for me.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
With Barry 2 you mean S2 Barry or E-2 Barry?

sorry Earth 2 Barry. season 2 Barry I loved him but I feel like I'm the only one. I barely came to the Flash board doing 2nd season.

It's better when message boards are moderated and have their own appreciation threads where you can post only nice things. It helps avoid haters and trolls.
I come over here a lot now. should maybe not be so opinionated since I'm not watching the show.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

You're entitled to your opinion.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
sorry Earth 2 Barry. season 2 Barry I loved him but I feel like I'm the only one. I barely came to the Flash board doing 2nd season.
We can agree here I like E-1 Barry better than E-2 Barry but then I can say the same about every character. I enjoyed E-2 for what it was and I feel like the characters were...too much if that makes any sense. Barry was too nerdy. Iris was too badass. Killer Frost was too cheesy...

As for S2 I just think it was too dark, gloomy and depressing in general
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top