Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

The whole reason Joe didn't want Iris to know was because she'd end up at STAR Labs with them in danger but now suddenly it's the safest place in the world?? I feel like the writers are trying their best to work around a situation which didn't make sense in the first place.

I'm so pleased that her journalism is back in play. It took me by surprise because I'd avoided all spoilers. So it made the episode so much brighter for me. Also hearing a later episode will feature her journalism is great.

One thing that makes me laughs is antis who were saying "we want her to be a journalist..she should be a journalist" but secretly just want her sidelined well they got their wish. Journalism is back!

Hell, she's the only one who's actually pursuing her career actively.

Putting positive vibes that without AJK in Season 5 they will get out of that hell hole known as STAR Drags and give us the CCPN set or a new type of office set. In the article Iris works at a different paper, if I remember correctly.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

she was amazing and awesome
glad shes back to wriitng again

loved teh purple

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-15-2018, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

The purple lightning was so damn cute.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
The whole reason Joe didn't want Iris to know was because she'd end up at STAR Labs with them in danger but now suddenly it's the safest place in the world?? I feel like the writers are trying their best to work around a situation which didn't make sense in the first place.

I'm so pleased that her journalism is back in play. It took me by surprise because I'd avoided all spoilers. So it made the episode so much brighter for me. Also hearing a later episode will feature her journalism is great.

One thing that makes me laughs is antis who were saying "we want her to be a journalist..she should be a journalist" but secretly just want her sidelined well they got their wish. Journalism is back!

Hell, she's the only one who's actually pursuing her career actively.

Putting positive vibes that without AJK in Season 5 they will get out of that hell hole known as STAR Drags and give us the CCPN set or a new type of office set. In the article Iris works at a different paper, if I remember correctly.
I think it was AJK that came up with the idea of making Iris the leader of Team Flash. He was the one who gave that interview where he states that he couldn't believe they didn't think of that before. Iris has had a lot of good moments as the leader but that doesn't change the fact that AJK sacrificed her career so we could spend more times at his favorite basement The writers are now forced to course correct and give an explanation for the lack of journalism talk in the previous s4 episodes. I think the writer of this episode did a good job with Iris' PoV.

I only found out that they were going back to journalism through interviews that were released the day of the episode. It wasn't a huge spoiler.

Can I say that I despise the concern trolls more than the antis? At least the antis are honest. They want Iris sidelined, away from Barry and from the action and they are making it clear. The concern trolls pretend to care about Iris' journalism and life outside of Barry but at the end of the day they are always going to be unhappy and find stuff to complain about because they dislike the focus the character gets and her importance to the hero.

She works for the Central City Citizen. It's time they move towards that
Old 03-15-2018, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Favorite basement!

They did a good job. We got to see her have sounding boards not just Barry but also Joe. Her conversations with Ralph (as annoying as they were) gave us different dynamic.

It was big to me because I never thought it would happen. I feel like Candice did hint it in that 20 Things You Didn't Know About Iris...or something article. She's good like that but part of me felt the dream had died.

Concern trolls are so transparent it's embarrassing. They say she's "useless" but when she saves the day they are even more angry. It's like we all know why you hate her, just be straight and get moving. Nobody cares. I wonder what it will be now that her career is back in play.

My favorite thing about antis is hating Iris while wanting every single thing she has. Even her hyphenated name. For example, wanting Run Iris Run, to be Run [Insert Name] Run.

I would like her journalism to be integrated into the plot. Investigating metas of the week and the Big Bad. That's the way to keep everything connected but not restrictive. Barry, Joe and Cisco should be at the CCPD and Iris should be at CCPN plus crime scenes. Then STAR Labs is the place they all come together but not where they spend their days and nights.

Could they finally be headed in the right direction? We'll see.
Philanthropist.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

#RunIrisRun trended in the US and Iris trended Worldwide the day it aired!

What a great episode! I absolutely love how they integrated her love for journalism back into her life. It didn't feel forced, good writing. She's starting off with the blog and as Candice and Todd confirmed season 5 will be reporter Iris!

Ep 15 and 16 are the first two episodes that we know for sure AJK was not involved in. Notice how the storylines for both episodes were emotionally driven and focused on the leads. And we finally got to hear Iris POV! Yeah, I can't say it enough I'm very happy AJK is gone. I'm more than convinced it was his idea to push Ralph to front center while stripping away the essence/heart of the show. I hope Todd can fix the Ralph situation. The CW and/or Berlanti would have to give him clearance to get rid of Ralph next season.

Do you guys want to see Iris go back to working at CCPN, freelance work, or a tv news reporter? If they were smart they'd make Iris a tv news reporter, that will allow her to be in the action.

Quote:
I would like her journalism to be integrated into the plot. Investigating metas of the week and the Big Bad. That's the way to keep everything connected but not restrictive. Barry, Joe and Cisco should be at the CCPD and Iris should be at CCPN plus crime scenes. Then STAR Labs is the place they all come together but not where they spend their days and nights.
This is what I believe Todd will aim for next season.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.

Last edited by SydneyO; 03-15-2018 at 08:42 PM
Old 03-16-2018, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Whoa, so much news and interviews to catch up. Thank you so much for sharing . Will they do Ace Reporter Iris justice now?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:04 AM
Supreme Fan

I want her to found the Central City Citizen but TV news reporter sounds fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Concern trolls are so transparent it's embarrassing. They say she's "useless" but when she saves the day they are even more angry. It's like we all know why you hate her, just be straight and get moving. Nobody cares. I wonder what it will be now that her career is back in play.
STAR Drags: AJK's favorite basement

Iris is the most relevant character after Barry. If she were to be written off that would impact the story in a way that Ralph/Cisco/Caitlin/Harry being written off wouldn't. They'd just replace them with other metas/scientists and be done with it.

Replacing the wife of the protagonist would take the story in a completely different direction and impact the structure of the show. Iris especially is so crucial to Barry's development as a man and a hero because of the emotional connection she has always shared with him.

People like to label the love interest "useless" because they suffer from Team Superhero centered mentality but the tech support is not essential to the protagonist doing his hero thing. The show is about the Flash, not Team Flash. From where I stand, the hero, the love interest and the villain are the most relevant characters in a story. The rest of the characters enrich it and stop. They can have their own side plots but when it comes to their connection to the hero, they are functional.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

That would make her own boss. Part of me loves it but also likes the hustle.

Exactly. They've interwoven so much of who Barry is as a person and hero in Iris. "My entire life has been marked by two things. The first one is change....I always had the other thing that my life was marked by, and that's you." For Barry to Barry, you have to have Iris. There's no way around it. It was in the premise of the show. His first appearance in Arrow the only tangible things we know about how his life was changed by a family tragedy and he's in love with someone (Iris). That's Barry. Change and constant. To never lose him in the former you need the latter to ground him. His lightning rod. I'm still shook that Helbing had him say it. I've been waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
#RunIrisRun trended in the US and Iris trended Worldwide the day it aired!

What a great episode! I absolutely love how they integrated her love for journalism back into her life. It didn't feel forced, good writing. She's starting off with the blog and as Candice and Todd confirmed season 5 will be reporter Iris!

Ep 15 and 16 are the first two episodes that we know for sure AJK was not involved in. Notice how the storylines for both episodes were emotionally driven and focused on the leads. And we finally got to hear Iris POV! Yeah, I can't say it enough I'm very happy AJK is gone. I'm more than convinced it was his idea to push Ralph to front center while stripping away the essence/heart of the show. I hope Todd can fix the Ralph situation. The CW and/or Berlanti would have to give him clearance to get rid of Ralph next season.

Do you guys want to see Iris go back to working at CCPN, freelance work, or a tv news reporter? If they were smart they'd make Iris a tv news reporter, that will allow her to be in the action.

This is what I believe Todd will aim for next season.
I know right? The buzz online was amazing.

Totally agree. I loved it. She went back to beginning. It felt organic to me. To have her acknowledge it and have her passion reignited rather than pretend nothing was different. When she turned the screen and it was the blog... Seeing the last entry be in 2015 it felt like they'd (Todd) truly thought it through. It was honest. Rather than it being a job or "I'm headed to CCPN" throw away line. The fact they equated her destiny being a reporter with Barry being The Flash is a good sign.

I'm trusting Todd. I know he promised IW fans Iris reporting then it didn't happen. It can't be a coincidence the moment AJK leaves Todd follows through.

If she were to be a TV reporter I'd want for it to be like Trish Talk in Jessica Jones vibes. It would give her a reason to be on the crime scenes and in the action. Being journalist at CCPN has the potential for the same. Pulling a Karen Page in Daredevil, questioning people (which sometimes they leave to Joe and Barry so we'll see) and having a narration/actual article at the end for her efforts.

I feel like when AJK "attempted" Iris' journalism it was so unrelated (arms dealers, pensions). It didn't/doesn't work. It NEEDS to be on the metas of the week and the big bad. It has to be about what it was in Season 1. A voice for the city.

Do the right thing Todd. Get rid of Ralph and bring back Linda.

Thanks for all the articles!
Philanthropist.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Total Fan

I'm glad Iris is going back to Journalism, but I'm also a bit hesitant about it. Last time it was in the show, Iris only mentioned it in passing. If we were lucky, we got maybe a 30 second scene of her writing something. That was it.

Her journalism needs to be incorporated into the show on a regular basis. Ie: Let's see Iris in the thick of it reporting on the meta of the week, or bringing intel to the team during her investigations, etc. Not a quick scene of Iris doing some journalism stuff, then we don't see her for the rest of the episode except maybe an ending scene at home with Barry.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:42 AM
Supreme Fan

I liked Fast Lane because her investigative storyline was connected to Wally and the villain of the week.

We need more episodes like that one. Even better, her journalism arc should be connected to the big bad of the season like they attempted to do in s1 with her STAR Labs investigation.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

X
Philanthropist.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

great sets and interviews.
she's so brave!!!!

it's normal to be cautious. i'd like to skip to 4x21 to get an idea of how helbing plans on incorporating reporting.
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
Old 03-18-2018, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Cautious and hopeful.
Philanthropist.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

What a boss . I'm gonna miss speedster Iris .
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top