Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Salem 2x12 - "Midnight Never Come" Episode Discussion (June 21st)

Midnight Never Come (2x12)
June 21st, 10/9c on WGN America

With the Starry Messenger comet drawing ever closer, John Alden fights for his very life, while Anne Hale works to comfort and protect one whose life or death brings with it great consequences for Witch and mortal alike. She soon learns another unfathomable secret about her past, and finds she’s faced with a terrifying decision that could greatly impact the Countess’s plans. Mary, palpably affected by recent events, finds herself in a wholly unfamiliar situation, leading her to try a risky gambit. Meanwhile, when John shares shocking and unbelievable information with Cotton, it leads the younger Mather to seek out answers on his own, but he discovers only more questions; Mercy pursues desires of her own, but finds another’s prediction to be fatefully and disappointingly accurate; and Isaac finds himself in a wholly unfamiliar position among his fellows.

Cast:

Janet Montgomery - Mary Sibley
Shane West - John Alden
Seth Gabel - Cotton Mather
Tamzin Merchant - Anne Hale
Ashley Madekwe - Tituba
Elise Eberle - Mercy Lewis
Iddo Goldberg - Isaac Walton
Joe Doyle - Baron Sebastian von Marburg
Oliver Bell - Boy
Lucy Lawless (Guest Star) - Countess Marburg
Jeremy Crutchley (Guest Star) - Hathorne

Written by Donna Thorland & Adam Simon
Directed by Alex Zakrzewski
Old 06-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for starting - GAH, the Penultimate episode!
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

I like this ep, although I'm a huge fan of Lucy Lawless, Countess and her brat is doing way too much, I don't like it when new comers out shine the original cast super sad that Mary was helpless to save her son and John attempting to kill him, its not the family bond I was hoping for but oh shhhhht, Anne is Countess daughter??? Anne actually tried to stand her ground but Countess pulled the Cotton card on her, and he is now trapped in that room knowing his wife is a witch, this ep had a lot going on.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Total Fan

The John/Cotton scene was both heartwarming and hilarious when John was getting patched up and Cotton threw the cloth at him. Shane and Seth really have the best bromance on TV.

John and Mary as they watched one another before deciding they had to kill their son - so sad. I hope we get lots of scenes with the two of them in the finale - or at least a long one!
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-24-2015, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

Anne being Countess daughter... that was something! Poor Cotton, always surrounded by witches and not being able to recognize them, he's not doing a good job.

Last scene was heartbreaking, Mary was alone, no one was willing to help her save her son. It must've been so hard for John to pull that trigger.

Sebastian is so disgusting. I hope Mercy will finally take her revenge on people who actually deserve punishing.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Total Fan

I did love that it was a decision made between John AND Mary to pull the trigger. But as you said, so heartbreaking.

The way little John said "Join me Father or die" - doesn't exactly give good vibes he will leave John alone to just run off.

Sebastian although a coward and creep - I hope he manages to stick around next season and it can be John/Mary vs Sebastian and everyone else
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

I don't like that it took 12 episodes before John's hunting abilities got used. I was hoping to see his powers get used on the Marburg's, but I guess that's next season.

Sebastien is just...ugh. I loved how he mocked Mercy,but he's such a .

I was kind of surprised about Anne being Marburg's daughter, but not that much. The minute Sebastien said the Countess had her own daughter, I assumed it was Anne.

Poor Cotton-Where will he and Anne go from here?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Total Fan

I think the writers made a huge mistake when they sidelined John for the first part of the season - myself and a lot of other fans of Shane who began watching for him almost wanted to throw in the towel as it seemed he was so underused.

But he has had some amazing scenes these past few episodes - I hope that next season he is a major part of it.

I didn't see the twist with Anne with Marburgs daughter coming, and now Anne has made her bed and has to lie in it. I know she loved Cotton but I can't believe she gave up Little John when he wasn't even her son and she saw how upset Mary was.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishpanda (View Post)
I think the writers made a huge mistake when they sidelined John for the first part of the season - myself and a lot of other fans of Shane who began watching for him almost wanted to throw in the towel as it seemed he was so underused.

But he has had some amazing scenes these past few episodes - I hope that next season he is a major part of it.

I didn't see the twist with Anne with Marburgs daughter coming, and now Anne has made her bed and has to lie in it. I know she loved Cotton but I can't believe she gave up Little John when he wasn't even her son and she saw how upset Mary was.
Yeah, it made his storyline seem so pointless.

When Anne was in that book looking like a demon, I knew she had to have been special in some way.

Love makes people do funny/stupid things and what's ironic is that she gave little John up for nothing. Cotton won't love her anymore now that he knows. She'll have to use another spell that's even stronger.

I think the writers shot themselves in the foot when they tried to keep every witch alive. They could have let John kill Mercy, at least.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Total Fan

There is still the finale - and this could carry into next season perhaps, if John and Mary team up to rid the town of all the other witches. His powers were never explained to him and his body can't handle it - he did kill all of the men with Sebastian though and they were witches so although he hasn't killed one that is a main/regular character he has killed a few in one sweep.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-27-2015, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure we're gonna see some dead bodies in the finale.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:55 AM
Total Fan

I have a theory that John will die and come back either from Indian Magic or Mary - don't ask why, I just think it

For deaths I can see it being Mercy - Sebastian hates her and she's done what the Countess needed her to do.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Mercy needs to just go away. Ok, so she wound up being really hot. She's still useless, she keeps trying to kill Mary and she exists to annoy the viewers. She's contradicted her purpose, too.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:01 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if 'fan favorite' Hawthorne will still be alive.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

This episode had me spell bound for the entire hour. Poor Cotton when he realized that Anne was a witch. That she's the daughter of the Countess is awful. That should give the poor girl nightmares.

I have more hate for Sebastian now, if that's even possible. It would be quite satisfying to see him come to a bad end. I have a feeling the cliffhanger may be something about him and Mary which I also will hate.

This season has gone by fast for me. Seems like it just started and it will soon be over.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."