Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2015, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

Salem 2x01 - "Cry Havoc" Episode Discussion (April 5th)

Cry Havoc (2x01)
April 5th, 10/9C on WGN America

In the wake of the Grand Rite –- merely the first phase of the Hive’s dark undertaking –- a horrendous plague sweeps through Salem. Tensions escalate between Tituba and Mary, who tries to enjoy what limited time she is allowed to spend with her young, recently returned son. Mary confronts Mercy Lewis in a bid to strike a bargain with the upstart Witch, but Mercy already has diabolical plans of her own in play. As Anne Hale begins to comprehend the nature of her own true power, she is extended an offer that may provide her some clarity and relief. Meanwhile , as Mary attempts to exert her mortal influence over the citizenry of Salem, she makes the acquaintance of an intriguing true man of science, Dr. Samuel Wainwright, who may threaten her cause. Back in Boston, a haunted Cotton Mather must answer for his failure in Salem; and Mary learns John Alden’s fate.... or so she thinks.

SPECIAL GUESTS:

Thomas Eliot - HENRI LUBATTI
Dollie - SAMMI HANRATTY
Rev. Lewis - THOMAS FRANCIS MURPHY
Hathorne - JEREMY CRUTCHLEY
Sooleawa - CARA SANTANA
Shaman - RAOUL TRUJILLO

ADDITIONAL CAST:

Militia Man - LUKE SEXTON
Girl - CAMDEN FLOWERS
Plague Victim - MALLORY THOMPSON
Whore - KATIE GUNDERSON
Elder Witch One - JENNIFER GRIFFIN
Elder Witch Two - JULI ERICKSON

PRODUCTION CREDITS:

Written by BRANNON BRAGA & ADAM SIMON
Directed by NICK COPUS
Old 04-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Total Fan

So excited for the return of the show! Here is a link to all of the episode stills for those who want to check them out:

Episode 2x01 - Cry Havoc Episode Stills
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Total Fan

I liked the episode, it was alright but I hate to admit, disappointed at the lack of John especially given the fact it appears that his "transformation" scene had bits cut from it.

Not loving Wainwright - I think it's obvious he is up to something and probably a perv.

Can't wait to see more of Lucy - she's badass so far. The bit with the bath water was amazing.

The boy - or I suppose we can call him John Jr now, is so creepy.

Wish we had saw more of John with the Natives as they didn't really give much time at all for that.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 04-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

There was a lot going on in this episode - maybe too much. I was not happy that John Alden lost his hair as it made him look fierce. We shall see if he's still formidable.

ITA about the scene with the bathwater & how her lackey was killed - gross.

I knew Mercy would wreak havoc but didn't expect her to kill the elders. She's such a loose cannon with absolutely no loyalty. She'll come to a bad end, I'm sure.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Total Fan

As I've watched interviews, I like it cos I like the reason behind it Plus, you can see more of Shane's face. But I was one of the people that did like the longer hair too. It was a brutal scene to watch - although he said he wanted it, John seemed to look almost terrified at the end when he stood up

Anne - I think it'll be a "time will tell" thing with her with which side she picks. I hope she chooses to use her powers for good and not evil.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 04-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

I thought the episode was really good.

I think the Wainwright character will meet an unfortunate end. Stuart Townsend is a good addition to the cast.

I am really looking forward to seeing Lucy Lawless's character butting heads with Mary. Like Stuart another great addition to the show this season.

Seeing Anne deal with what she is this season is one of the things I am most interested in.

John being a powered up witch hunter is gonna be good. Different seeing him wtih short hair again.

Cotton being troubled by all that has gone was good scene.

Things won't end well for Mercy. She's in over her head and honestly Mary or Tibuta will deal with her.

And yes I cringed when Mercy and those girls did to that man. Don't know who I feel more bad for the man or the bird. Maybe both.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

I think episode was pretty good.

Great introduction to new characters, can't wait to see what they are up to.

Curious to see if Anne is gonna be an obedient student or if she's gonna pull Mercy.

Speaking of... there is no way back for Mercy, she's in too deep. She's evil and she likes it!

Poor Cotton... he can't escape his memories. It's gonna haunt him for some time.

Can't wait to see Mary on her war path and what John's gonna do if he finds out he has a son?
Old 04-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Total Fan

Mercy is going off the deep end and fast - I hate to say it, but I think of the main characters she could be the first to go because she is sooo reckless and doesn't seem to think of the consequences of what she is doing.

I'm excited to see what powers/abilities John is going to have and what his path is this season.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan