Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Total Fan

Salem 1x13 - "All Fall Down" Season Finale Episode Discussion (July 13)

1X13 - ALL FALL DOWN - SEASON FINALE

Alden learns Mary's biggest secret, and Mary discovers a new one of her own.
youtube; twitter; tumblr

Last edited by pervy minion; 07-13-2014 at 08:59 AM
Old 07-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening Sam I managed to top this
Old 07-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Total Fan

Thanks
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for the thread Sammy! Can't wait for the episode. Sucks it is the last episode for a while.

Glad you figured out how to top it Monika! It is easy once you get the hang of it.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Total Fan

I just know we are going to be screaming for months until season 2 - and I just have this really bad feeling that John's cliffhanger is going to kill me
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Damn. I was freaked out...yet kind of excited. Anne's scene shocked the hell out of me and she's so moral. I wondered whether or not she would be the host,but the answer is obvious.

Good parts?

-Increase died like the innocent people he killed. By his own son,no less.

-Mary's child is alive?

-John doesn't hate Mary.

-The Indians saved John. He can't die-He's the protagonist.

-Cotton can look for Gloriana now.

The crappy parts?

-Why Isaac? Why, damnit, why?

I believe that he was the 13th innocent,not Increase. That will rot in hell and what Mary said is true.

-Mercy got to live? Wtf?

She doesn't deserve to get revenge, Tituba does. Mercy was a idiot and got played. She overstepped her bounds and made promises she couldn't keep. The character isn't even likable.

-Hale's death. Ewww!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

- Increase dying and being eaten by the dogs was good. A fitting end for a good villain.

- I agree John can not die. I hope the Native Americans are able to save him.

- Anne killing her parents was perfect. She's gonna be a force to be reckoning with.

- I want Mercy dead. Her not dying was a disappointment. Hate the character. (Actual translation: The actress is doing a great job making me hate her.)

- I hope Issac will be ok. I hope he isn't dead either.

- I hope Gloriana comes back next season.

- John and Mary's child lives. Gonna be good to see John's reactions to finding out not only she was pregnant but has a son.

Last edited by The Survivor; 07-14-2014 at 09:33 AM
Old 07-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Total Fan

OMG what an amazing finale - I hate that we have to wait so long

I loved that Mary and John were planning to go off together, but wasn't surprised that there plans were doomed really.

Isaac - please don't die, you adorable creature. I love how he was, as Cotton said, so wise when he went to Cotton and asked him if he was going to say goodbye to John. It's actually quite sad to know that if he does survive (please do!) that he will be alone as his only friends have left Salem.

Anne - my God girl! She is far more powerful that I thought and I think more than she can even begin to control - I think her anger is going to make her a massive opponent next season for all of the other witches.

Cotton I feel so sorry for that even as much as he hated his father, it was terrible that he had to kill him - although one silver lining I thought is as he leaves Salem he might see Gloriana again - but I think I would prefer for him to come across Isaac and take him back to Salem for treatment!

The fact that Mary and Johns son is alive is really something that I did not see coming in the way that it did - but I loved it! I have to wonder, John could accept Mary as a witch to survive, but will it be so easy to accept that she sacrificed their child to do so? And will he consider it his child since it was raised by the Devil himself?

And lastly onto my baby John - OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS MAN DOOMED FOR PAIN?! I love the set up they have done for season two and agree with everyone else that there is no way our hero can die. My theory is - obviously there is something about John that the Indians are protecting, but are they also watching over him because the size of those woods, they were there to get him out of that noose.

I hope that him being saved by them will let us learn more about his back story as well - because who gave him the scars on his back from torture if not them?

GAH - is it April yet?
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Finally watched it and I have to say I didn't expect so many deaths

I'm sad that Hale died, I love Xander and he did an amazing job. What Anne did was so freaky I can even find the words to describe it. She is so bloodthursty now, I'm afraid her emotions could be her undoing.

I don't hate Mercy, she's a comic relief right now Can't stop singing "Queen of the Night"

My poor baby Cotton, I hope he finds Gloriana and they come back

Increase deserved what he got, but what about Issac, our favorite fornicator?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

I'll be thrilled if Isaac lives,but he's the only innocent one and Increase is an ass.

Even if what Cotton did was awful,he's free. Mary did him a favor and his father was an abusive . He can go look for Gloriana,he avoided the plague and he has an actual interest in ending witchcraft. He was right about the apple and Mary was right to get him out of town. Increase dug his own grave by not listening to Cotton about how sick and inhumane is actions were. Most of the people he tortured were innocent and he was just as bad as the others. At the end of the day, Cotton was the actual Christian with a level head.

Anne scared the hell out of me and Hale and her mom died a hideous death. She's going to feel bad about it and she can't explain what happened.

The actress who plays Mercy looks really familiar. She's not Allison Lohman and Sami Hanratty is the other girl. I hope Mary and the others kick her ass. She shouldn't have been surprised about her friends dying.

I think John will have s serious moral dilemma. He's not going to die because this isn't Game of Thrones and he did think witchcraft was dangerous and bad if it did exist. His son being raised by witches and possibly the devil's host is going to piss him off. How will Mary explain herself?

These guys need to have more than Mary's confession to work. She'll never reveal that she killed Giles,but he's not dumb. She's why George is sick and knew about all the crap that happened. Why would a good man look past that?

If Cotton doesn't find Gloriana,him and Anne could work. He sees that she's a good person and was desperate to hear that she wasn't a witch. I'd rather he have a happy ending with Gloriana,but eh.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Total Fan

I just have to wonder is there something that John doesn't even know about himself that have the Mohawk wanting to protect him so much - I mean, they risked their own getting killed and some did, just to save him.

So will season 2 be Mary vs every other witch do you think? I was actually shocked Mercy didn't die to be honest, I thought she would...she is probably the most insane out of them all.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

It could be "Witch of the Week" or something next season
Old 07-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

What a episode! So much happened! I will post more of my thoughts tomorrow when I get my laptop. I didn't expect so many characters to die though, was in shock last night.

Last edited by Mo Nighean Donn; 07-14-2014 at 05:37 PM
Old 07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

This has to be the a running gag though with Xander Berkeley. The actor has died in just about everything I've seen him in.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
This has to be the a running gag though with Xander Berkeley. The actor has died in just about everything I've seen him in.
Here I thought it was just Sean Bean.