Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

"Where He Leads Me" (1x08) Episode Discussion Thread

"Where He Leads Me" (1x08)
Episode Discussion Thread

Episode Description:

RAYNA IS FORCED TO RESET HER PRIORITIES, JULIETTE GROWS CLOSER TO SEAN, AND BOTH DEACON AND AVERY GET TEMPTING OFFERS IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS, ON ABC'S "NASHVILLE"

Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Wyclef Jean, Tilky Montgomery Jones ("Pretty Little Liars"), Michiel Huisman ("Treme") and Daniel Buran ("True Blood") Guest Star

"Where He Leads Me" - Rayna needs to take a look at what's really important to her after hearing Teddy's side of the story about Peggy; Juliette feels a sense of belonging with Sean's family that she has never experienced before; Gunnar risks his partnership with Scarlett when he confesses his feelings; and music producer Dominic Wells invites Avery to Atlanta to work together while Deacon gets an amazing offer to tour -- but both opportunities come with a price -- on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Robert Ray Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle and Powers Boothe as Lamar Wyatt.

Guest starring Judith Hoag as Tandy, David Alford as Bucky, Tilky Montgomery Jones as Sean Butler, Rya Kihlstedt as Marilyn Rhodes, Nicholas Strong as JT, Michiel Huisman as Liam McGuinnis, Wyclef Jean as Domic King, Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Peggy Kenter, Boo Arnold as Brock Butler, J.J. Rodgers as Deb Butler, Madison Lintz as Dana Butler, Todd Truley as Marshall Evans, Chloe Bennet as Hailey, Tiffany Morgan as Jeanne, Craig Stark as Kent, Daniel Buran as Cy, Salvador Gonzalez, Jr. as Emcee, Veda Wilson as elderly neighbor, Jeremy Childs as Albert and Jake Speck as Steve.

"Where He Leads Me" was written by Jason George and directed by Wendy Stanzler.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 08-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the thread, I will try to rewatch sometime this week and comment after.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was the episode I had been waiting for with Scarlett and Gunnar! I love when he finally confessed his feelings and kissed her! she was taken a back by it but it was clear she liked him too

Rayna and Teddy had lots to deal with too! With Peggy and those photos!

I loved Juliette and Sean they were really sweet together her proposal was so romantic and she thought she had the family she had always wanted

Avery getting the record deal was amazing for him it just wasn't right they wanted to turn him into something he isn't!

Deacon being asked to tour with the Rebel Kings was awesome too he has so much talent!
Old 08-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caught each other (View Post)
she thought she had the family she had always wanted
the show seem to totally forget their own history right now with the current Juliette storyline. That said I disagree, Juliette proposal was beautiful looking and all but she was doing it to spite his mom and take Sean's virginity. He never knew the real her.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

When I first watched it I thought she was being genuine but obviously afterwards when we see more of their storyline you see the real reasons and she knew that too that's why she couldn't go through the with the big church wedding
Old 08-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Random thoughts, here we go:

"Rayna, makes sure this one behaves himself, okay?" "Ha! You get no promises from me on that."

Deacon is so incredibly handsome in this scene. And in this episode. And in this season.

x

The way Rayna and Tandy talk about Teddy, I can picture Tandy back then pressuring Rayna to marry Teddy in order to get her away from Deacon.

"For Your Glory", another amazing song written by Kate York. I love the story of this song.

Laughing at the fact that Rayna arrives at Peggy's house at the exact moment the ambulance is there.

Love the scene between Juliette and Deacon at her house.

x

"After all these years, you can still jump that wall."

x

I'm sure it's Emily who had to light up every single one of those candles.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

one of my fav if not my fav Deacon/Juliette scene.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
The way Rayna and Tandy talk about Teddy, I can picture Tandy back then pressuring Rayna to marry Teddy in order to get her away from Deacon.
Oh for sure. Like they said in this episode, Tandy was the one who set Rayna up with Teddy. Pretty sure that was Tandy's way of trying to make sure Rayna didn't go back to Deacon. In the 201 flashback Tandy is pressuring Rayna to not tell Deacon she's pregnant. I'm sure she was the number one supporter of Rayna marrying Teddy. I don't particularly blame her for that. Deacon was such a mess for such a long time and she didn't want to watch her sister get hurt again.

Rayna and Teddy were essentially done in this episode. Nobody involved ever thought that Rayna was married to Teddy because she loved him more than Deacon. Their marriage was built on a checklist of reasons that she thought he'd be a good husband and father and that she could trust him. And he thought if he could give her the things Deacon couldn't, she would love him. And it had mostly worked. Problem with that is when those reasons stop being true, her reasons for loving him go with it. They were done when she said she couldn't trust him anymore. He had lost their money doing some Lamar style illegal stuff, lied about it, created a scandal that was affecting her and the girls. Too many of the reasons she thought it would be a good idea to marry him weren't true anymore.

Rewatching I'm realizing how little Deacon was in some of these early episodes. We see him meet with the Revel Kings a couple minutes into the episode and then don't see him at all for about 25 minutes until he shows up at Juliette's But that was a great scene with Juliette (and so ready for the Jolene story to pick up again). And also loved the scene with Rayna. Love that he had called because all that mess with Teddy had been in the news and he just wanted to see how she was doing. "After all these years, you can still jump that wall." They've obviously done this a lot

I felt really bad for Juliette in this episode. She was so genuinely excited and happy about the idea of being part of a family. And then Sean's mom made it clear that she was not welcome. But proposing to Sean was such a bad idea. Such a bad idea. And he's still such a dud. His sister was sweet though.

I was kinda indifferent to SG the first time I watched but liking them a whole lot less this time around. Remembering that he was doing the same petty crap that he did the second half of S3 in the beginning of S1. He was always way more into her than she was into him. And he could be kind of a jerk about it. Still love when they sing together though. When the Right One Comes Along is one of my favorites
Sarah [youtube]