Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
I think Will Chase too. Not only has he not tweeted but his Twitter description definitely used to say something about playing Luke and now says "Will work for food. And approval. I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok". And I think this change is pretty recent (aka not when ABC cancelled the show) but not sure on that
Will changed his twitter description sometime over the weekend. Prior to that, it said something about being Luke on Nashville.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

You mean he changed the description after the CMT deal was done or all but done?

Yeah that doesn't sound like a coincidence. Aubrey still lives in the past, she's acting on "Nashville ABC".
Old 06-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Interesting about Luke. Do y'all think his storyline was being written as if he would want to step out of the limelight and go chill with his ex and Sage? Be kind of abrupt for him to just disappear.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
You mean he changed the description after the CMT deal was done or all but done?

Yeah that doesn't sound like a coincidence. Aubrey still lives in the past, she's acting on "Nashville ABC".
He changed it after the CMT deal was announced.

Don't know why they don't go ahead & announce it if Will & Aubrey are no longer on the show or demoted to recurring.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

That was my impression about his finale. He got a happy ending, sort of. I don't know if they'd boot him or Aubrey immediately but I think Luke could be forever gone quickly while Layla could be demoted to recurring.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

But why would Layla even be recurring, they closed off her links to almost everyone in the s4 finale. She has no purpose anymore. They could easily say she took over the exes spot on Autumn tour and they will be spend the rest of their lives overseas on their tour ''the desperate needy women''.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
He changed it after the CMT deal was announced.

Don't know why they don't go ahead & announce it if Will & Aubrey are no longer on the show or demoted to recurring.
Because they don't want to lose the Aubrey Peebles and Will Chase fans.....or at least don't want to upset them. IDK about Will, but Aubrey's fans have rallied around her bigtime promoting her on Twitter. I noticed how her fans really pushed the envelope this season, especially with the Layla/Avery storyline. They have been very vocal in their support of Layla/Avery and at times IMO pushy and rude to Javery fans. So, TPTB may be worried about any negative and controversial issues that could be stirred up.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Because they don't want to lose the Aubrey Peebles and Will Chase fans.....or at least don't want to upset them. IDK about Will, but Aubrey's fans have rallied around her bigtime promoting her on Twitter. I noticed how her fans really pushed the envelope this season, especially with the Layla/Avery storyline. They have been very vocal in their support of Layla/Avery and at times IMO pushy and rude to Javery fans. So, TPTB may be worried about any negative and controversial issues that could be stirred up.
I seriously doubt that. They haven't released any details beyond the few we got when it got picked up. I'm guessing fairly soon we'll start getting more details (when filming starts, when S5 will premiere, cast updates etc)
Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-13-2016, 11:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not sure AP has that many Twitter fans to influence any decisions - during the Avery/Layla phase I think she was retweeting anything positive to try and drum up support for Layla.

Unfortunately the retweeting of the negative / ignorant PPD tweets had the opposite effect on me!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

If it's really true that they axed Will and Aubrey, the new showrunners/writers will have scored even more points than they already did. That's one giant step towards 'CLEAR THE CLUTTER!' and shows these people understand everything that was wrong with Nashville.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I would like to announce that coming season five I will be reviewing every episode for Doux Reviews. I've spent three seasons being pissed off about this show and I've also said I support it for its wonderful concept, so I want to put my money where my mouth is now that we finally have good direction. It's not much, we aren't a big site, but I want to help with the show's visibility the only way I can.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
I would like to announce that coming season five I will be reviewing every episode for Doux Reviews. I've spent three seasons being pissed off about this show and I've also said I support it for its wonderful concept, so I want to put my money where my mouth is now that we finally have good direction. It's not much, we aren't a big site, but I want to help with the show's visibility the only way I can.
Thanks for introducing me to this site. I like it. Will be going back often.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Since it looks like production could be starting in about 6 weeks, I thought I would post a few questions to jump start us into Season 5. Instead of what we want for the entire season in general, these questions are geared towards what you would like to see in the first 1 - 3 episodes. With all the good news we've been hearing, it sounds like we are in for a great season 5.

So my questions are these:

1) Do you think the show will do a time jump or start immediately following the season 4 finale? Even with the cliffhanger, they could time jump and just explain it away and essentially start from scratch which the new show runners may want to do.

2) How would you like them to resolve the J/A cliffhanger?

3) How would you like to see the new show runners resolve the whole Maddie debacle - ignore it and regard it as the worst story line that will never be mentioned again in the history of the show or tackle it and wrestle it to the ground?

4) What would you like to see for W/K after the kiss at the protest?

5) What happens to S/G after that great kiss on stage?

So I'll start:
1) I think immediately following the season 4 finale.
2) Not to sound flippant, but I really don't care. As long as it starts J/A on the road to finding each other again, I'm okay with whatever the writers come up with. H & JJ will knock it out of the park no matter what.
3) I'm so on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I never want to hear about this whole awful emancipation thing ever again. On the other hand, seeing M & Deacon rebuilding their father/daughter relationship would be pretty awesome. Chip would do such a great job with that being all vulnerable and cute. Can't decide.
4) I'd like to be in the back seat of that car ride home I'd like to see them have a long conversation about what's next for them on the drive back from Atlanta. I could see them taking things slow this time around and going on some cute/romantic dates before diving back into bed together. They didn't really do that the first time. Not counting the one bad date they had in the Season 4 premiere. DO OVER!!
5) Again, I'd like to see these two really talking about their relationship like a couple of grown ups. Maybe agree to just start from scratch and agree to not dredge up the past every time they have an argument. And what happens with their careers now that Autumn has fired them. Let's hope Noel comes to their rescue.

I'm going to start referring to Season 5 as the Rebuilding season. The show, the characters, the relationships. It's going to be awesome! Your thoughts?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for starting this discussion, here are my answers:

1) I'm fine with either, time jump or no time jump.

2) I'd like they don't make a big deal about it, they can just say everything turned out alright and Juliette's plane landed safely in Nashville. The cliffhanger was stupid, I'm fine with quickly forgetting about it.

3) I don't want them to ignore it. I'd like to see Maddie trying to fix her relationship with her family. With good writing, it could lead to amazing scenes with Deacon, Rayna and Daphne.

4) I love K and I'm rooting for W/K to be endgame but their reunion in the finale was rushed. So, maybe not together right away but finding their way back to each other.

5) No idea, we'll see how the writers deal with these two.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

First another random thing that I want. Christmas episode!! And not like last time where it was actually quite a bit before Christmas but Luke/Rayna () were filming some dumb special. Real Christmas episode this time. SR with the girls, Tandy can come, Scarlett (and Gunnar depending on how they're doing at that point?). JA and Cadence. Maybe Will's dad invites him to Christmas especially since it's the first one since his mom died (maybe even says he can bring Kevin)

On to the questions

1. I prefer a little time jump. I want some distance from the mess that was S4

2. Maybe we get a little continuation at the very beginning before the time jump. Plane turned out to be fine. Juliette lands fine. Maybe they could use the alternate ending.

3. I don't want them to completely ignore it but I don't want Maddie to be the main focus of DR's story either. I would be fine if her label decided to drop her for whatever random reason during the time jump to get rid of that part. And then work on fixing her relationships with everyone in her family as a smaller story.

4. I just want Will to have a story that isn't how much it sucks to be gay. Definitely want Kevin to stick around and for them to work on their relationship. And with Luke leaving curious about what's going to happen with his label and then what that means for Will (and Juliette).

5. Especially after the last couple seasons I don't much care as long as they keep making music together. And considering they haven't managed to get along for any extended period of time for forever and he just slept with Autumn I don't want the kiss to mean they're automatically back together. But whatever happens can they just manage to act like adults. Figure their crap out in a way that doesn't involve not wanting to speak to each other every other episode
Sarah [youtube]