Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongerThanMe (View Post)
I also had to pop back to say thank you. Thank you, Soapbubbles and Jb ...and thank you to all the posters.

I'm done with this show. You guys said it all. I'm just not interested in Nashville 2.0.

But the worst part for me is giving up the fandom (although the state of it now makes things so much easier) and this board.

Yep, it's time to move on.
Yes giving up fandom is hard. But as long as javery is part of this (even in a strongly reduced version) I can't really move on an that makes me angry.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Its very sad to see soapbubbles and jb go. I understand your decision and fully support it. Nashville is not the same show we all love. Compared to season 1 to season 5, it has so MANY differences and it is largely due to the fact that one network took it over and made it something it is not, an soap opera. I am for soap operas but an show like Nashville with the heart and soul of music and the beautiful storylines between the characters get destroyed, it so discouraging to keep watching it. I was such an BIG fan of scunnar until this season. How can one man chase after an woman who slept with someone else, what kind of message are we spreading to the younger generations?! I think its such an bad message and the other ships are destroyed as well. I did not sign up for Teenville drama, no thanks. Will, Gunnar, Avery, Juliette, Deacon, Emily and Jonathon BARELY get any air time anymore. And it is ridiculous. Since I have been here, you guys been great and its sad to see you leave but I get it. I hope you guys come back here and then.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Well as you can see the title says we so it means I'm leaving too. First I would like to start by saying how great it was moderating with Sarah. If it weren't for the state of the show and the state of the fandom I could have done this for a long time.

Now my reasons for leaving are quite simple but let me go into details. When I first joined Nashville Hayden and JJ were my main attraction to the show. However before joining this show I was very reluctant into joining any kind of shows with sleeping around/shipping and what not having been burned too many times with shows that ended badly. The thing that made Nashville the exception to that rule is from the very beginning the endgames were very obvious. I can't think of one person who was even afraid that say Deacon would end up with Megan, Pam and whoever else or that Scarlett would end up with Caleb, Avery or Liam, same Gunnar with Erin, Autumn or Zoey and so on. The only real worry I had of my favorite not ending up together was Hayden possibly not being able to come back when she was away. The endgames were really clear and everyone else were stalls in their journey so you could invest in their journey knowing where each character's end point was going to be with. It's no longer the case. People can try to sell me all they want that Nashville has always been more about the ensemble than the relationship but it wasn't written that way to me. It was about Rayna/Deacon and their own individual journeys/careers, same with Scarlett/Gunnar, Avery and Juliette and in the very end same with Kevin and Will. Now the show is completely different. Will and Kevin are done and the end of that relationship made no sense at all from Will wanting to be able to date other people after pining for Kevin last season only to change his mind about being in a relationship with no explanation when it comes to Zach. Scarlett and Gunnar have become more toxic than ever and all I want at this point is for Gunnar to be free of her because he deserves better than what he is getting. I can't root for them and I hope no man is stuck with her let alone a baby. Deacon and Rayna are dead as Rayna is dead. So three out of four endgames are already done and over with S/G having a chance still of one day getting back together but the way they are written, I wouldn't' t even want that. Let Gunnar find love and her end up single and all powerful woman or what. And that brings me to the fourth couple, the one that has practically no airtime, written so OOC from one episode to the next with no explanation at all. I don't know what they act the way they do and there is no onscreen explanation for it. Why did Avery change his mind about sex after 5 mins? Why did Juliette thinks he wanted her to be unhappy? Why did she suddenly no longer support his music genre? And more importantly why the heck are their wedding rings back on their fingers with no mention or explanation whatsoever? That fans had to point out to writers that their rings suddenly reappeared showed how little attention they pay them. And now with the new ladies coming I could totally see them throwing one of them at Avery to give him an excuse to suddenly have airtime when they had all this baggage that needed to be brought to the surface with Juliette and Avery and it was just ignored like it never happened like Layla's existence. Poor Aubrey. And for those who think that will be brought up in the second half... good luck with that. So far all indications seem to point out to about one episode possibly centric on Juliette and the rest having little of her let alone the rest of her family. What we are in for is really what they show have renamed Nashville the new generation. Most of the airtime going to Maddie, Maddie/Clay, Daphne and the runaway storyline, Zach at Hw65, the newbies and Scarlett's pregnancy making her the forth character in a who is the daddy storyline. It's not the Nashville I knew or fell in love with. Endgames gone. Teen focus and newbies while the others are barely there. Not my Nashville so not interested.

And as if that wasn't enough of a reason to be ready to move on, the ongoing lack of respect in the fandom outside of FF (for the most part) has become so unpleasant that it's become a chore to get involved. The new writing has the fandom so divided between people who will support no matter what and the ones that are fighting for it to go back to the way it used to be only to be harassed, judged or bullied for it. Caring and fighting against the current stuff being filmed isn't being negative for the fun of it and disrespectful to the show, it's showing people care about the quality and won't settle for something bad just because the name Nashville is on it. Right now to me the direction the show is going in is horrible. You don't have to agree with me but respect that I feel this way. Just like I don't go on twitter harassing you to feel the way I do so no need to tell others how they aren't real fans just because they don't feel the way you do. It is my right to express on this board that I wish the show had been what they were selling : no more sleeping around between everyone, depth of character, no more OOC. And less soapy. More songs for the main cast. None of these promises happen. And they continue to lie. They have managed the impossible and made me miss Dee. Dee of all people who would lie in every interview and gave us the disaster of last season. It was crazy and bad but at least they gave us a decent finale that IMO should have stayed the series finale minus putting the alternate ending instead for Juliette and Avery. The show would have died for what it was, 4 love stories intact and people achieving their career goals. I will be shock if one even remains by season end as 2 are dead with no real possible chance of happy ending, a third in massive limbo and the last being offscreen more than on. To me this feel strangely like another show situation that happen that was similar. That 70s show from season 7 to season 8. That show got renewed for another season after the lead and another main cast member decide to leave and the entire show's legacy was destroyed in one season. The relationships they had spent 7 years building were completely destroyed and newbies were brought in to fill the void. They changed everyone personality to fit the narrative and it got canceled by end of season 8 with the original cast members coming back for the finale to try to give it somewhat an of ending. We are well on our way to get this kind of ending if things doesn't change. And I'm not sticking around if that is the case. You may think there is no proof that this is happening but the signs are there from extras stuff being about Maddie, Clay, teens and Zach more than the other main characters to who they chose to focus on in promo pics and episode etc. And them adding new series regular when they have been neglecting Gunnar, Will, Avery and Juliette the entire first half... it's ridiculous that our one lead left isn't the one with the most airtime coming up and I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a tactic to get her to quit for her to get the blame for leaving when really they aren't the ones using her to her lead status, heck they are barely using her as main cast. I'm half expecting for them to announce by season end that she is leaving the show (so they can use JJ to prop the newbies making the last remaining endgame dead and buried) or that both she and JJ have been let go.

And to end this long novel, I just want to say thanks to the regular posters who have been posting although a lot are gone now, I really enjoyed posting with all of you. And I really appreciated the opportunity to be a mod for about 2 years. It was good while it lasted.
I agree with you in all. And I respect both of yours choice to quit, it isn´t the show we loved anymore. It´s sad to watch how it´s dying slowly just like they did to Rayna

They should have just agreed to do last season to wrap it up with all cast involved instead this trying to milk it without thinking what the shows real heart and soul was (core couples and music)
Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

i am sorry you both have stepped down but i can very much understand the reason. if a show takes a turn for the worse (or going into a direction you cannot support) its difficult to mod a board.

I am a little behind on the show as i am only catching up the last couple seasons but I have read whats happening and i dont really wanna watch either

anyway good luck to the both of you and i hope you find another show you will love and be passionate about

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign