Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

"There'll Be No Teardrops Tonight" (1x13) Episode Discussion Thread

"There'll Be No Teardrops Tonight" (1x13)
Episode Discussion Thread

Episode Description:

RAYNA FINDS COMFORT IN THE ARMS OF A FRIEND AFTER TEDDY AGREES TO A DIVORCE, AND JULIETTE TAKES STEPS TO MAKEOVER HER SOUND, ON ABC'S "NASHVILLE"

Kimberly Williams-Paisley Guest Stars as Peggy

"There'll Be No Teardrops Tonight" - Rayna finds comfort in the arms of an old friend after revealing to Daphne and Maddie her plans to divorce. Juliette is invigorated by the response to her new sound and takes steps to reinvent herself -- against the guidance of her management. Things are looking up for Scarlett and Gunnar when Rayna makes an offer to sign them to her label. While their hard work begins to show signs of success, Avery struggles to find his old sound and is forced to consider an attractive offer, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Robert Ray Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle and Powers Boothe as Lamar Wyatt.

Guest starring Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Peggy, Judith Hoag as Tandy, Maisy Stella as Daphne, Lennon Stella as Maddie, David Alford as Bucky, Ed Amatrudo as Glenn, David Clayton Rogers as Jason, Melvin Ray Kearney II as Bo, Michael Huisman as Liam, Kourtney Hansen as Emily, Rya Kihlstedt as Marilyn Rhodes, Chloe Bennet as Hailey, Tosha Thompson as Melissa Mirch, Erin McCarley as Adria, Cory Allen as young Buck, Stevie Ray Dallimore as tour manager, Holly Morris as wardrobe, Emmanuel Hudson as sound guy, Virgil Staford as engineer and Terrence Lening as messenger.

"There'll Be No Teardrops Tonight" was written by Todd Ellis Kessler & David Marshall Grant and directed by Eric Stoltz.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

The scene where Rayna misses her cue has always affected me. I think the show wanted to expand on this conflict between the private life and the public image this season. This teeny scene is more effective at communicating that than some of the things they've done this season.

I had forgotten how cringeworthy Juliette's...I don't even know what to call it - the incident at the hotel. I had forgotten how bad that was. But I did love her saying it was time for reckoning.

Emily's faces always get me.

Teddy was wrong for forcing Rayna to drop the divorce bomb on the kids like that. Lamar may have been right about him needing to be taken down a peg or too. He wanted everything his way, starting with how they told the girls. Later, he'll be wanting that restraining order and trying to keep Maddie away from Deacon at all costs.

The many sides of Scarlett O'Connor. She may be vulnerable (according to Avery), but she's not one to be trifled with either.

I just want Avery to have some success. I hope I'm not still saying that at the end of this season.

I'll never see Jason as a rapist. Sorry, Kiley. I just don't believe that retcon story you came up with.

I love how much of Scarlett was in that house. I don't even know what it looks like now that Layla lives there.

Juliette never could stand being alone. Poor kid.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Keeping saying it but Season 1 Deacon was so cool really liked him with Juliette again - loved the way he spoke to her after her tantrum at the hotel. He really didn't take any of her crap and she respected him for it. I miss that friendship.

Poor Juliette struggling with finding who she wants to be as an artist and then Glenn quit on her (for the first time) and she was all alone in the house at the end.

Teddy was selfish for pushing Rayna into the divorce/telling the girls so quickly.

Everything was starting to go wrong for Avery - and it's still no different 3 seasons later. I agree with soup333 give him a career and some success come on it's time surely.

Scarlett telling it as it is again this episode with Gunnar and Jason - after putting Avery in his place in the last episode. I like this Scarlett!

This is reminding me how much I loved Season 1 - not feeling the same love Season 4 so far
Old 01-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Another great S1 episode.

Love all the Rayna/Liam scenes in this episode. Connie/MH really clicked as actors.

I just adore the scene with Rayna breaking down crying and then her & Liam sitting on the floor talking. Connie is so good there (both Connie & MH). It's one of my all-time favorites of the show.

[x]

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I'll never see Jason as a rapist. Sorry, Kiley. I just don't believe that retcon story you came up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
Keeping saying it but Season 1 Deacon was so cool really liked him with Juliette again - loved the way he spoke to her after her tantrum at the hotel. He really didn't take any of her crap and she respected him for it. I miss that friendship.

This is reminding me how much I loved Season 1 - not feeling the same love Season 4 so far
^ All this!

And random things:

I like the little nod to episode 1x10 when Rayna tells Liam he should have kept the boots.

Music when Rayna & Liam are in his hotel room is "Flowers" by Lisa Hannigan, LOVE IT.

Beautiful shot: