Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Honestly I would have let it fly if they gave an explanation for Juliette overnight thinking his style of music writing is too immature for him now but there was none just left field. It made as much sense to me as say if Rayna heard Deacon's new song for the album and told him after all this time out of nowhere that the way he holds his guitar is too young looking for him
Yeah that was a weard scene. He should#ve answered, and you new style is too conservative for you. No but honeslty they should just support each others music.

Further did we really need to get Daphne's period storyline?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Yeah that was a weard scene. He should#ve answered, and you new style is too conservative for you. No but honeslty they should just support each others music.

Further did we really need to get Daphne's period storyline?
Daphe period storyline is so unnecessary, the only good that came out of it was the fact that Rayna is an GREAT mother to her rowdy girls. And honestly, why is there so much focus on Daphne and Maddie. Javery got less than an minute of screen time and they are more important than the girls, that's worrisome.

Juliette knows Avery style, it has always been the same. And to have Juliette not support his music is really stupid. He always supported her music and she can't do the same for him? I have no idea where the writers are going with their storyline, nor do I want to find out.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

So I caught up last night on the past three episodes 506, 507 and 508. Some basic thoughts:

Luke: Loved seeing Luke back. His scene with Rayna was great.

Zach: That guy is so freaking annoying I just want him gone already. Can't bear him!

Damien: Another character I can't bear. I'm sorry but nobody goes from being Mr. Verbally Abusive to Knight in Shining Armor. Nope!! Not buying it. He needs to go.

The Men of Nashville: Why are all the men on Nashville being treated like immature children? Will is too immature to be in a committed relationship with Kevin, Scarlett tells Gunnar to grow up and now Juliette is wondering why Avery is still playing angry teen songs. What the Hell?

Empowerment: So I really liked the scene between Rayna and the stalker. Thought is was very well done. Until the EW story was tweeted out immediately following the episode and Marshall droned on about how the scene was meant to show Rayna's empowerment. I find it extremely disturbing that these writers think that a woman can only be empowered through violence. First Scarlett now Rayna. I'm having a very hard time justifying watching Nashville if this is the message they are sending.

Daphne: Love her but OMG did we need a period storyline!!!!! You have got to be kidding me. I felt like I was watching an after school special written by my grandmother. If this is the best they can come up with, we need new writers ASAP.

Maddie: Yep, still annoying as snot. And I'm sorry but I'm just not buying all these worldly words of wisdom spewing out of her mouth. She is just not that bright.

D/R: The writing for them is still the star of the show but this is an ensemble drama not the D/R show which is what it feels like. The car crash took me by surprise but immediately after I thought wait haven't we already done this?

Scarlett: Sweetheart you were the only one who didn't know you were going to sleep with Damien 10 seconds after leaving Gunnar's house. Let's not pretend. Space my ass!! And what is so aggravating is in the promo for next week who is standing by Scarlett's side at the hospital...GUNNAR!!! Where he always is when she's in crisis. GET A CLUE GIRLFRIEND!!!

Will/Gunnar: Are these two even on the show? I feel like they just whip out some cardboard cutouts of them and put them in a scene just to make it seem like the writers haven't completely forgotten about them. Gunnar has been reduced to a prop for Scarlett and Will has been reduced to a prop for Zach. Neither one is treated like a main cast member any more.

Avery: At least Avery is performing again. That's one good thing.

Juliette: Good to see Juliette up and mobile.

That's it for the moment.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livexitxupx18 (View Post)
Daphe period storyline is so unnecessary, the only good that came out of it was the fact that Rayna is an GREAT mother to her rowdy girls. And honestly, why is there so much focus on Daphne and Maddie. Javery got less than an minute of screen time and they are more important than the girls, that's worrisome.

Juliette knows Avery style, it has always been the same. And to have Juliette not support his music is really stupid. He always supported her music and she can't do the same for him? I have no idea where the writers are going with their storyline, nor do I want to find out.
Daphne getting her period is fine and dandy but we don't need to see her upset stomach in the morning, her asking the teacher to go to the bathroom,....why?! i would have loved a Javery scene or even an Avery and Gunnar scene instead!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemgo3165 (View Post)
That seems to be par for the course on TV dramas that feature a girl Daphne's age. Always the talk about the first period and the celebration of it. I always feel bad for the girl who has to go through it, since she's likely just gotten hers too. And I feel bad for myself because my Mom never bought me presents or made me a cake or anything when I got mine

I'm always glad to have Maisy on my screen though, just hope she wasn't too mortified by that scene.
Tell me about it my mum just went it's normal get over it when i told her i was possibly dying.
My fave characters have always been avery/juliette but honestly they are writing it like juliette is outgrowing him. Ye right the guy that taught her like everything. Of course im going off a 5 second scene but i have to these days as its barely including them. Scarlett has always been bla but come on this was pathetic. also i skipped all last weeks ep why is she sleeping with that guy.
I was bored again im so nearly over this. They split j/a and im there.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I am basically hate-watching at this point.

I counted, and Avery had six lines. Several of those lines consisted of 2-3 words. It's ridiculous. To have no follow-up or resolution to Juliette's "constructive criticism" was also ridiculous. It almost felt like they should have had another scene, since he last appeared in the middle of the episode, but it possibly got cut. I didn't count Gunnar's lines, but at least three of them in his one scene were "You want to sleep with him." Which I think was meant to make Gunnar look like a jerk, but then she went and did it, so he was right! So I think Gunnar and Avery were on-screen for about 5 minutes total. Meanwhile, Rayna's stalker scene, which was very good, was over 10 minutes long. Come on!

Juliette's scenes at the church felt like a condensed cookie-cutter Hallmark movie. Girl wants something, girl encounters obstacle, girl lashes out, girl gets what she wants. Or something.

The period storyline was so out of place. Yes, getting your first period is a big deal to a young girl, but not such a big deal that it needs to be a plot point in a show about adults. I think the main point of featuring this was to lead to the Daphne/Rayna moments afterward, which, fine. But as someone else said, we didn't need to see her stomach hurting or asking the teacher to go to the bathroom. Airtime is apparently a very valuable commodity for certain characters on this show, so I'd rather have seen those few minutes devoted to someone else.

Can't believe no Will again.

I would be fine with FF-ing every scene Scarlett and Maddie are in from now.

Sorry for nothing positive to say. Really shocked this is how I feel 1/3 of the way through the season, when the first episode gave me so much hope. It is what it is.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
I would be fine with FF-ing every scene Scarlett and Maddie are in from now.
I'm actually fastforwarding the whole S7G scenes as well as the maddie scenes. I don't even really know what happened for them in this last episode lol.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

And I'll be fast forwarding through all the Will/Zach awfulness. I'm not sure why I'm even still watching this show. Except for D/R everything else is a hot mess.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-18-2017, 12:37 PM
Loyal Fan

^Yet another behind the scenes segment without Jonathan Jackson. I don't know what they have against him.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Chatzy - Nashville chat

If anyone wants to chat about this episode
Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
^Yet another behind the scenes segment without Jonathan Jackson. I don't know what they have against him.
And yet again 70-80% Deyna.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, I have to admit. The period storyline was good. It was well written. It is what happens in Real-Life. But what does that have to do with the country music scene? Nothing! So, the only way I want to watch "stuff" like that is if there is a country music song written about the subject. And since that's not going to happen, I don't want to see it on the show. Still SMH!!!

And I know it's been said before, but I've sick and tired of the Church stuff. Look, I go to church. It is a beautiful and important part of my life, but why does Juliette need the whole choir as backup singers? Why can't she record a gospel album by herself? She doesn't need other people to do that. IMO, It's time to.....quoting Avery Barkley when he saw Charlie Wentworth messing around behind the scenes at Juliette's concert......."Move On!"

Lastly, I want to add that I wish somebody in a position of power would listen to us when we ask that the show be more balanced.......with ALL the characters getting somewhat equal time being showcased. It's not a "I only want my favorite couple to get all the air time" kind of thing. It's just being fair and balanced with each talented and capable actor. So far respect hasn't been shown to most of the people on the show. This is not How to Win Friends and Influence People. I'm afraid people will stop tuning in if this continues and that would be a crying shame.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Yeah, I have to admit. The period storyline was good. It was well written. It is what happens in Real-Life. But what does that have to do with the country music scene? Nothing! So, the only way I want to watch "stuff" like that is if there is a country music song written about the subject. And since that's not going to happen, I don't want to see it on the show. Still SMH!!!

And I know it's been said before, but I've sick and tired of the Church stuff. Look, I go to church. It is a beautiful and important part of my life, but why does Juliette need the whole choir as backup singers? Why can't she record a gospel album by herself? She doesn't need other people to do that. IMO, It's time to.....quoting Avery Barkley when he saw Charlie Wentworth messing around behind the scenes at Juliette's concert......."Move On!"

Lastly, I want to add that I wish somebody in a position of power would listen to us when we ask that the show be more balanced.......with ALL the characters getting somewhat equal time being showcased. It's not a "I only want my favorite couple to get all the air time" kind of thing. It's just being fair and balanced with each talented and capable actor. So far respect hasn't been shown to most of the people on the show. This is not How to Win Friends and Influence People. I'm afraid people will stop tuning in if this continues and that would be a crying shame.
The period storyline was well written it's just a damn shame that's the storyline they chose to write well. Everything else is severely lacking. And I'm totally with you! I want all the characters to have well written and developed storylines. I don't wish anyone to be shoved into the basement of the show. The reason I fell in love with Nashville was because of these well developed characters and I would like to see every one of them grow. Even Maddie just as long as she isn't the sole focus
Old 02-19-2017, 01:34 AM
New Fan

Juliette is becoming what I have observed personally over the years. That is that there is no one more parsimonious, judgmental and out and out totally boring than a hearty party-er who turns "religious".