Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
I keep trying to listen to the words to that song to try and figure it out I was thinking it means he won't give up on Juliette or their relationship but I don't really know.
I thought the same thing and to be honest one of the last thing I want to see is Juliette pushing Avery away all season and him not backing down. Avery, Gunnar.... Not here for women treating men like crap. Clare hearted someone saying they wished Scarlett had this version of Avery on twitter. How would that be better than how he is being for Juliette and Scarlett treats Gunnar. The only difference is Scarlett gets the saint role in S/G and Avery gets that role with J/A all 4 get horrible OOC writing and history rewritten.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I thought the same thing and to be honest one of the last thing I want to see is Juliette pushing Avery away all season and him not backing down. Avery, Gunnar.... Not here for women treating men like crap. Clare hearted someone saying they wished Scarlett had this version of Avery on twitter. How would that be better than how he is being for Juliette and Scarlett treats Gunnar. The only difference is Scarlett gets the saint role in S/G and Avery gets that role with J/A all 4 get horrible OOC writing and history rewritten.
The problem is that the song doesn't have context. If it came after Juliette said he didn't want her to be happy, them we could assume it was a reaction to that. Just as Juliette's "On My Way" song was in reaction to Avery saying he didn't like her not knowing what kindn of relationship they had together.

But we can't assume that "Won't Back Down" has anything to do with Juliette. Should we assume it's the song he started writing in Gunnar's studio? If so, what was he not backing down on there? Looking out for himself? It's sloppy writing, and it would've been very easy to fix, imo. Now it's just a random-seeming song that raises a lot of questions.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
The problem is that the song doesn't have context. If it came after Juliette said he didn't want her to be happy, them we could assume it was a reaction to that. Just as Juliette's "On My Way" song was in reaction to Avery saying he didn't like her not knowing what kindn of relationship they had together.

But we can't assume that "Won't Back Down" has anything to do with Juliette. Should we assume it's the song he started writing in Gunnar's studio? If so, what was he not backing down on there? Looking out for himself? It's sloppy writing, and it would've been very easy to fix, imo. Now it's just a random-seeming song that raises a lot of questions.
Um, yeah. I thought the song would be relevant to their relationship but I don't know. It's almost as if Avery had a song and a performance just because it was his turn to have one and to get him out of the way so that Juliette could go the the church with Em at first and then with him at the end.

Also, the E Hollywood-ish type person in the video said Juliette was praying for a producer who would work with her. Why would he say that? The plane crash wasn't her fault. She'd done nothing but be honest beforehand. I'm sure they didn't know at the time that she was living with a producer but that seemed to be a way out there comment. Why would they be making fun of her near death experience anyway?
Old 02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Agreed Crystal. Same old should have been mentioned but let's not because they aren't Rayna or Maddie.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wish the writers would treat Javery better.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I think it's the general sentiment so far this season

That said the more I think about it the more I think the hiding of the card was just setting up for the next episode they will have together and not be this big nonsense secret that I had the feeling it would be. I do think it's setting up a him producing her album vs him having his own career and maybe they find a way to do both. But I could see some nonsense promo about her thinking he is saying no to producing to her cause he doesn't believe she can do it as oppose to him wanting his own career until he explains it. I don't know I am just so tired of the same old Juliette thinks something, Avery reassures her formula they have going this season. It's annoying and they are so above that.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I was gonna say hopefully blah blah blah but I'm just about out of hopes at this point.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, CMT's caption under a gif of Avery performing was something like, "Avery back on stage where he belongs." I think CMT is pretty good at giving hints, so I'm taking this to mean that Avery stays on stage at least for a little while. As much as I'd like him to produce for Juliette, I think I'd rather see him have his own individual success even more. It's been so long! But I would love to see him and Juliette working on something together.

I just dread the thought that the next ep might not have any Juliette or Avery in it.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

My expectations are set to -100 for 507. I'm kind of interested in whether S/G break up but that's it. If we see either Juliette or Avery I'll be pleasantly surprised. It'll probably be a wash for Javery.

I want Avery to have his own career but I think it'd be great for both of them if he produced and helped write this album with her. There's not a better producer for her and this way, he'll end his streak of failed albums.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I want Avery to have his own career but I think it'd be great for both of them if he produced and helped write this album with her. There's not a better producer for her and this way, he'll end his streak of failed albums.
This I need Juliette's album to be the one to end his streak.

Plus I feel like if he doesn't we will barely get them interacting otherwise.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd like to see Avery produce Juliette's album just so he finally gets a successful outcome but I really want to see him thinking about his own career and performing.

Just wanted to ask does anyone else feel like they are losing their passion for this show or is it just me? I don't know I HATED S4 Javery so much but this Season I don't even have that. It feels as if the writers don't care about them anymore so it's really hard to get excited about it. They have had such limited screentime and when they do it's just to repeat the same theme - you will leave when I'm better - no I won't - yes you will.

And now we are facing 507 which looks to have little to no Javery again . That means they will have been ignored / sidelined for 3 out of 7 episodes. How am I meant to get excited about the show when they are barely in it?
Old 02-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I know how you feel. I get that they wanted to deal with the Connie stuff and gave her most of the airtime (along with Maddie WTH writers!) but neglecting everyone else in the process was just dumb because while yes I get giving D/R fans everything they can until Connie's status is decided is good, disapointing and pissing off every other fanbase in the process is not helping them because they will need us after whatever happens happens. And I do like that we know for sure that 508 to 512 included have both JJ and Hayden in them but they have been written so OOC since the beginning of the season that it's hard to get excited anymore. For example when 506 aired I was happy to see in the bathroom scene that they added a tub in there and it made me think of maybe we could get a repeat of 219 minus the Charlie talk but I keep forgetting to even mention it (until tonight) because of my own frustration with the show. I miss real Juliette and Avery. I am sure Hayden and JJ are doing everything they can with the material they have but the same stupid fight over and over is taking away their connection to the audience. There is so much left to talk about for them. And it's not just them as a couple but their connection to everyone else also. Like Glenn and Emily. I am already fed up with Hallie because it's taking away from Juliette's other connections. You wouldn't know just starting this season that Emily was so close with Avery and was the first to be back in Juliette's corner. I am sure it will be better when they have real airtime again but taking all this time to give them something to do except fight about staying and leaving is just plain poor planning.

And what is even sadder is that we have a lot of issues that needs fixing ASAP yet we aren't even the fanbase in the worst shape. S/G and W/K have it even worst. What the heck are the writers thinking. I didn't become a Nashville fan to worship Maddie and ship her and Clay or ship Daphne/Flynn.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I apologise in advance because this is going be a rant feel free to ignore me but I have to get this out !!

It feels as if they want to leave the mess of S4 behind but imo it can't just be ignored its so important as to where they are now as a couple. The Maddie crap was a mess but they addressed that by having her apologise to Deacon so why not do the same for Javery. My god it could be done in one conversation but it's like this elephant in the room that no one is talking about.

That's one issue and the other is that they are not getting nearly enough screen time and the few moments we are seeing are weird and really badly spaced out. So we got the scene where Avery needed time which I liked - but then he was back 2 minutes later so that seemed like it was all chucked together with no thought. Then we missed an entire episode after the sex so by the time we picked back up with them it was at least a week later. 506 gave no indication of them being any closer or anything really so what did happen after the sex? How do they feel about their relationship and their future? IS Juliette ever going to show Avery any affection outside of wanting to have sex with him? These are things I want to find out out. Instead we get some bizzare conversation around Juliette telling Avery he wants her to be unhappy and he repeats (for the millionth time) - I'm still here.

I don't have a problem with the focus on Rayna/Deacon if they are building up to writing out Rayna but I do have a problem with giving all the remaining time to Maddie. I have no interest in this character and after S4 I needed her to stay in her room for the first half of the season at least, only appearing when it served the plot of the ADULTS. Hayden is CO LEAD and has been virtually ignored in 2 of out the first 6 episodes.

Added to that the writing for S/G and W/K has been appalling. It feels as if they have totally rewritten their characters and history - so how can I connect to their stories if I am spending half the time wondering who the heck they are?

And as for 505 I am sorry but that was the WORST episode I have ever watched. Whoever gave the green light on that one needs to be shown the door.

Last edited by FAB47; 02-08-2017 at 02:41 AM
Old 02-08-2017, 04:49 AM
Extreme Fan

I just expressed similar thoughts in the spoilers board so we're all on the same page. The Maddie focus is baffling and annoying but it's not even our biggest problem. They way they've written virtually every single character EXCEPT Rayna and Maddie is just so confusing. We clearly had our hopes set way too high for them to ever meet. Sad thing is, a lot of problems with Javery could have easily been fixed with just a line or two. They absolutely needed to talk about their issues. It's been months now since the crash and it just seems as though that conversation is never going to happen. I can't imagine it would in 507 since we might not even have a scene with them.

As far as everyone else - it's been a disaster. A depressing disaster.

418 wins worst episode for me but 505 is a very close second. It was horrid. Never let that person near a Nashville script again.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
I'd like to see Avery produce Juliette's album just so he finally gets a successful outcome but I really want to see him thinking about his own career and performing.

Just wanted to ask does anyone else feel like they are losing their passion for this show or is it just me? I don't know I HATED S4 Javery so much but this Season I don't even have that. It feels as if the writers don't care about them anymore so it's really hard to get excited about it. They have had such limited screentime and when they do it's just to repeat the same theme - you will leave when I'm better - no I won't - yes you will.

And now we are facing 507 which looks to have little to no Javery again . That means they will have been ignored / sidelined for 3 out of 7 episodes. How am I meant to get excited about the show when they are barely in it?
Totally my feeling.

Quote:
I apologise in advance because this is going be a rant feel free to ignore me but I have to get this out !!

It feels as if they want to leave the mess of S4 behind but imo it can't just be ignored its so important as to where they are now as a couple. The Maddie crap was a mess but they addressed that by having her apologise to Deacon so why not do the same for Javery. My god it could be done in one conversation but it's like this elephant in the room that no one is talking about.

That's one issue and the other is that they are not getting nearly enough screen time and the few moments we are seeing are weird and really badly spaced out. So we got the scene where Avery needed time which I liked - but then he was back 2 minutes later so that seemed like it was all chucked together with no thought. Then we missed an entire episode after the sex so by the time we picked back up with them it was at least a week later. 506 gave no indication of them being any closer or anything really so what did happen after the sex? How do they feel about their relationship and their future? IS Juliette ever going to show Avery any affection outside of wanting to have sex with him? These are things I want to find out out. Instead we get some bizzare conversation around Juliette telling Avery he wants her to be unhappy and he repeats (for the millionth time) - I'm still here.

I don't have a problem with the focus on Rayna/Deacon if they are building up to writing out Rayna but I do have a problem with giving all the remaining time to Maddie. I have no interest in this character and after S4 I needed her to stay in her room for the first half of the season at least, only appearing when it served the plot of the ADULTS. Hayden is CO LEAD and has been virtually ignored in 2 of out the first 6 episodes.

Added to that the writing for S/G and W/K has been appalling. It feels as if they have totally rewritten their characters and history - so how can I connect to their stories if I am spending half the time wondering who the heck they are?

And as for 505 I am sorry but that was the WORST episode I have ever watched. Whoever gave the green light on that one needs to be shown the door.
That rant could have come from me lol. But yes i fully agree and I'm glad I'm not the only one feling very bad about season 5 apart of the D/R stuff.