Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-16-2016, 06:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved them in this episode. I loved them going out to the crash site in the middle of the night and him holding her. Loved her face lighting up when she saw Cadence. I think it makes sense that Avery is already telling her he loves her and kissing her, because he almost lost her. If her plane had landed safely he'd probably have been way slower to do all of that, but her near-death experience accelerated his being ready to go there. But because she has a lot of crap to deal with, it's not going to be an easy or instant reunion.

I hope the whole spiritual aspect and Juliette finding her "angel" signals that she will work through the emotional roadblocks sooner rather than later. There was no sign of hope of her dealing with the PPD stuff for episodes on end, but already in episode 1 there is some glimmer of light with the whole spiritual awakening thing.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

the kiss was really beautifully shot
Old 12-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Hey Didn't think I would see you post in here again Yeah it was beautifully shot. I think all their outside stuff made them even more real if that makes any sense.

Yeah slbcwrites, it is most likely why Avery was so open, because she almost died. Which also adds to her guard being up because he wouldn't be this open otherwise. She might think he is just saying that because of it and will get over it.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I just loved all the touching and hugging and kissing. There was a lot of physical contact, maybe more than any other ep in the show.

I hope we get some decent discussions on their relationship because they have barely talked about past issues, and already seem back together. Though I assume Avery is sleeping in the spare room right now. I hope we find out
Old 12-16-2016, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I just loved all the touching and hugging and kissing. There was a lot of physical contact, maybe more than any other ep in the show.

I hope we get some decent discussions on their relationship because they have barely talked about past issues, and already seem back together. Though I assume Avery is sleeping in the spare room right now. I hope we find out
Well it's kinda normal they didn't focus on the issues right away since it was her first night home. But like the promo showed, that lack of talking about past issues doesn't last long.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone I loved it ! This was better than anything we have had for so long. I agree with everyone Avery almost lost Juliette he has had a massive awakening as to what's important and how much he loves her and he wants to be there with her.

But this can't be easy Juliette has been through a traumatic experience and still has a long recovery ahead physically and mentally. It will surely go through her mind that just a few weeks before Avery told her he hated her being there and all he wanted was to move on (and then he did with ). And after all that she loved him enough to let him go because she wanted him to be happy.

She has to question his real motives for being back there with her and worry that it's mostly out of pity? And worry that she will just become a burden to him? She is probably so scared to open up to him incase she loses him again.

They have so much to work through before they are ready to reconcile but this is a great start!
Old 12-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

There was way too little about them in this new episode. I wrote about it in the episode thread.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
There was way too little about them in this new episode. I wrote about it in the episode thread.
It was already way more than usual so so far I was happy with it. 8 scenes or so. If it continues like that or grow, I will love it.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

http://whentherightonecomesalong.tum...t/154554903547
Old 12-16-2016, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for bringing that over. I saw it as I was leaving and was the last poster at the time so I am glad someone posted it Love the colors of it. I hope their other scenes will be done as well. (haven't looked yet since I left). Who knew we would get such good stuff in the first one back. The last time they kissed was like 402.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
It was already way more than usual so so far I was happy with it. 8 scenes or so. If it continues like that or grow, I will love it.
Sorry but to me it felt not at all more than usual. We had other eps before with similar amount of screentime for them.

Also the new trailer is a shame for all javery fans. They feauture way too much of the other characters like maddie or scarlet gunnar but just very little about them. I just get this feeling the new writers aren't overly interested in this couple. You may see it different that's fine. But I'm disappointed.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Perception is everything. People see what they want to a lot of times. The next episode might not be as focused on the leads as this one. The promo might be a reflection of that. I don't know how anyone can judge what the writers are interested in or not interested in based on one episode.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Perception is everything. People see what they want to a lot of times. The next episode might not be as focused on the leads as this one. The promo might be a reflection of that. I don't know how anyone can judge what the writers are interested in or not interested in based on one episode.
I agree. I felt like the whole episode really focused mostly on DR and JA. Much more than we've ever seen in the past. I'm happy with that. And I also won't be surprised if there's less of both in the second hour. Marshall has said that basically it won't be but about 3 stories per hour. I think that's perfect.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Less of rayna would be understandable. Bc she was featured a lot. J/A wasn't featured much in this first ep. Not more than than many of the older eps. Again it still can change. My judgement now was mostly on this first ep not the whole show. I also judge the trailer bc it's a full season trailer and not just for a certain ep. I just feel like some people are so "Ahh new writers" that they want to see everything being awesome. That said i really liked the rayna part. The writers indeed did a good job in her character development in my eyes. And connie could shine a lot more than in previous seasons. I just hope this will happen for Hayden too. And jonathan of course.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I've found it interesting in how opinions have differed. A lot of longstanding fans have been pleased, people not as invested or that have just started watching have been less so. Of course that's not scientific, just an observation.

There is a risk of disappointment with hype. The more something is built up the more likely it is to not meet expectations. I've found that to be true with a lot of movies, where I wasn't as impressed as others who gushed over it.

Of course devoted fans want to be excited and want new showrunners to lead the show in a different way then Dee did. We've only seen a bit. Promos focus on different things. Right now a full season trailer is an oxymoron since the full season hasn't even been written yet or filmed. And with this new way that they're doing things, only focusing on certain characters in each episode, it's more likely people will not love an episode that features characters they don't care as much about.